Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The INIMITABLE Kevin Wallace now ministers outside COG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post georgiapath
georgiapath wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Odd thing is, the GA decided to continue its long-standing policy that women can't be bishops in the CoG, so it would appear he had a problem with it even being debated. Scratching my head over that one, if it really was a reason he felt the need to leave.

I had heard that his wfe was the speaker at Higland Park on Sunday mornings so that doesn't make sense.

I have since learned KW's issue with regard to women in ministry is that he firmly believes the lady ministers should be allowed to participate in the General Council and vote. Even though he does not believe women should be bishops, he very much affirms women in ministry.

Here is what I don't understand.....The Church of God doesn't exclude women from ministry. They can serve as pastors, evangelists, teachers, musicians, treasurers, church council members, and be elected to State Boards. Women can speak and vote at the General Assembly.

I just can't imagine leaving the denomination over who can/can't speak, at one level, every 2 years. To do so ignores all of the open doors in the denomination and concentrates on a single closed door.

Further I can't understand how the operation of his local church is impacted over General Council admission. I can't understand how the role of women in his church now....is going to be different from their role before. The Church of God wasn't keeping women from participating in the ministry of the local church.

The role of women in General Council may have been something Kevin was disappointed in. But I have a hard time believing it would influence anyone, not just Kevin, to leave.

I can't believe it either, I also don't believe it has anything to do with the donors. We may never know the real reason, but there is more to it than what's been posted. Even Deven at times looked like she wasn't quite sure what she was hearing.

I've been in the working world and the church world long enough to know that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, is not always told.
Acts-dicted
3/22/17 6:08 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
skinnybishop wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Odd thing is, the GA decided to continue its long-standing policy that women can't be bishops in the CoG, so it would appear he had a problem with it even being debated. Scratching my head over that one, if it really was a reason he felt the need to leave.

I had heard that his wfe was the speaker at Higland Park on Sunday mornings so that doesn't make sense.

I have since learned KW's issue with regard to women in ministry is that he firmly believes the lady ministers should be allowed to participate in the General Council and vote. Even though he does not believe women should be bishops, he very much affirms women in ministry.

Here is what I don't understand.....The Church of God doesn't exclude women from ministry. They can serve as pastors, evangelists, teachers, musicians, treasurers, church council members, and be elected to State Boards. Women can speak and vote at the General Assembly.

I just can't imagine leaving the denomination over who can/can't speak, at one level, every 2 years. To do so ignores all of the open doors in the denomination and concentrates on a single closed door.

Further I can't understand how the operation of his local church is impacted over General Council admission. I can't understand how the role of women in his church now....is going to be different from their role before. The Church of God wasn't keeping women from participating in the ministry of the local church.

The role of women in General Council may have been something Kevin was disappointed in. But I have a hard time believing it would influence anyone, not just Kevin, to leave.

KW said in the video that while he believed women should be allowed to minister, he did not believe they should become bishops, that he did not feel it was Biblical.

Keep guessing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/22/17 10:33 pm

Post skinnybishop
Carolyn Smith wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

KW said in the video that while he believed women should be allowed to minister, he did not believe they should become bishops, that he did not feel it was Biblical.

Keep guessing.

I heard what he said.
3/23/17 2:08 pm

Post Kevin Wallace Leaving COG Why Me
This is sad because as a denomination we hate to lose good men, but I have seen this happen over and over through the years. It is usually men we elevate to high positions quickly, promote them, use them and their spouses extensively, ......... and then they leave us. While at the same time, faithful COG Ministers who love the Church just continue on ministering. When are we going to realize that what 'blows in' can 'blow out' just as quickly. New Member
3/26/17 5:03 am

Post KW Purplebarney
I've seen Kevin a few times and have been around him a handful of times over the past two years. He is a good old time pentecostal preacher and you can tell he has watched a lot of Rod Parsley. Thats a compliment. But I saw a slight ego in my experience. Many pastors have it and I'm not saying its the worst thing ever. We are all human and flawed. Maybe he just thinks its time for him to do his own thing. Nothing wrong with that either. I love the COG but I soon learned as I grew older that there is a huge world outside of Cleveland, TN. Its almost as if Cleveland is in a bubble within a bubble of a bubble and its 100% COG! While the denomination has done, and continues to do, many wonderful things there are tons of opportunities out there that can be had without a denomination. It just depends on your calling. Is KW bad for leaving the COG? Some just can't believe it while others get it. Its just a matter of personal opinion. There will be COG people in Heaven and Baptist who don't talk in tongues in Heaven. UPC'er's and Methodist. God's people are a mixed bag of amazingly talented people. A denomination does NOT define who you are.....well, it shouldn't Acts-celerater
3/31/17 2:09 pm

Post NewTimeUrbanPreacher
I have good sources that tell me that the monthly dilemma of deciding what to put in the "sanctified" box on his ministry report drove him away. Who among us hasn't felt that struggle. New Member
4/1/17 11:34 am

Post I have good sources that tell me Charles Page
I have good sources that tell me Laughing
4/1/17 1:07 pm

Post NewTimeUrbanPreacher
NewTimeUrbanPreacher wrote:
I have good sources that tell me that the monthly dilemma of deciding what to put in the "sanctified" box on his ministry report drove him away. Who among us hasn't felt that struggle.
. This was sarcasm, a joke.
4/11/17 11:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic