Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastors leaving Actscelerate

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastors leaving Actscelerate Nature Boy Florida
Thats a lot worse than the KW leaving story.

Very sad. Evil or Very Mad
3/14/17 8:31 pm

Post Pastor Wright
The green pastures of Facebook will soon lose their allure and Actscelerate will not only return to its former glory- its latter reign will be greater than its first!
3/14/17 8:32 pm

Post Re: Pastors leaving Actscelerate Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Thats a lot worse than the KW leaving story.

Very sad. Evil or Very Mad

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up

YOu said the truth! NBF
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/14/17 10:58 pm

Post It's not you - it's me. Pastor Nations
A combination of my personal experiences with COG, and the ability to post behind a pen name is a bad combination for me.

The classic break-up line is true here.

"It's not you - it's me"

I know I won't be missed, but I'm gone, too.
Acts Enthusiast
3/15/17 1:44 am

Post caveator
I sure do miss the day when several pastors posted on here in their real name. I remember frequent posts by Travis Johnson, Chris Moody, Tom Sterbens, Kevin Wallace, David Smith, and others. I personally use a pen name for the same reasons that many of you do. However, it seemed that the men that I just mentioned were always willing to take ownership of their words and always had something significant to contribute. I've become frustrated with actscelerate on more than one occasion and even announced that I planned to leave for good. I haven't left for good, but I have gone from looking at this site several times each day to two or three times a month. I do miss what it used to be. Acts-celerater
3/15/17 7:18 am

Post A Perspective on How we Can go Forward With Acts as Pastors Leave Preacher777
I hate to see people leaving Acts but perhaps we can implement the same response we do when people leave our church. We wish them the best, encourage them to come forward for prayer and God's blessing on their new venture and go forward ministering to those left and reaching outward. Obviously some people leave and don't return calls but if somebody tells me he or she is led to go I encourage this and explain we never need to apologize for God's actions.

I and perhaps you can make it a point to share this venue to others who don't know Actscelerate exists. Why stew over who is led to leave when just like in church there are thousands of Godly people and quality thinkers who would love a forum to discuss ideas concerning the Bible, Christianity etc. Thank God for the many quality men and women who posted here in the past and now decided it was best for them to leave Acts (Thanking Him for their posts and lives, not their departure). However, I am sure all who left would agree that God is not limited to them for His blessings, input, teaching and encouragement in our lives.

Let's all do our best to make Actscelerate a blessing to others.
Friendly Face
3/15/17 7:36 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
caveator wrote:
I sure do miss the day when several pastors posted on here in their real name. I remember frequent posts by Travis Johnson, Chris Moody, Tom Sterbens, Kevin Wallace, David Smith, and others. I personally use a pen name for the same reasons that many of you do. However, it seemed that the men that I just mentioned were always willing to take ownership of their words and always had something significant to contribute. I've become frustrated with actscelerate on more than one occasion and even announced that I planned to leave for good. I haven't left for good, but I have gone from looking at this site several times each day to two or three times a month. I do miss what it used to be.

Well said. Without those guys regular input - it is not as good.

Now, in the old days, new guys would come along - but unfortunately, that probably won't happen with the newer technology available.

It feels like George Foreman hit us in his prime.

I wish Kevin the best in Chattanooga inner city. I want him to change Chattanooga for Christ.

I wish Tom the best at Sevierville. His thoughts about ministry and life are too profound to not be shared somewhere. Hopefully we will find out where/how he will share those in the future. Perhaps in a little shack somewhere. (Too good to pass up) Twisted Evil
3/15/17 7:53 am

Post Change Agent
Pastors are still trolling. They may not want to speak under their own names. They need to get a pen name. Laughing

When subjects come up that need their words they are quick to give them.
Acts Enthusiast
3/15/17 8:05 am

Post Methocostal
Lol

Pastor Wright wrote:
The green pastures of Facebook will soon lose their allure and Actscelerate will not only return to its former glory- its latter reign will be greater than its first!
Friendly Face
3/15/17 8:51 am

Post Methocostal
Having been on a self imposed "ban" for at least 5 years, I do miss the activity now on acts. I have been on previously as a real name and a pen.

I enjoyed the intellectual challenge from some of the posters in the past because as a layperson, I was able to become more educated from those with Biblical degrees, versus mine in Accounting. On the other hand, some of the prior posters were simply jerks (as noted in another thread). I'm glad to see them gone as they were the primary reason I left. They upset me so much that I reacted in a similar manner and was not the person I really am. I almost slipped to their level and wasn't proud of it.

I do appreciate the kinder gentler approach today, but I do wish we could have more intellectual debate among those of different views.

Unfortunately, with them gone and Facebook as an alternative, they may never return. I am able to say things on FB that I could absolutely lose my career for on Facebook as I do not hold to the politically correct leftist agenda of my peers in Academia. On Acts, I can say what I think about the moral and economic direction our nation is headed without fear of repercussion. I am sure many pastors on this board have that same desire not only in secular politics, but Church politics as well. It is sad that Acts has lost some of its luster due to the competition from Facebook and other media. I'm glad it is still here and appreciate Doyle's commitment to this forum.

caveator wrote:
I sure do miss the day when several pastors posted on here in their real name. I remember frequent posts by Travis Johnson, Chris Moody, Tom Sterbens, Kevin Wallace, David Smith, and others. I personally use a pen name for the same reasons that many of you do. However, it seemed that the men that I just mentioned were always willing to take ownership of their words and always had something significant to contribute. I've become frustrated with actscelerate on more than one occasion and even announced that I planned to leave for good. I haven't left for good, but I have gone from looking at this site several times each day to two or three times a month. I do miss what it used to be.
Friendly Face
3/15/17 9:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic