Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why Does Womenfolk Weep & Wipe Tears When Elvis Sings Hymns?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why Does Womenfolk Weep & Wipe Tears When Elvis Sings Hymns? Old Time Country Preacher
Well, not all womenfolk, cause momma don't like Elvis's music, but a lot a women, say 60 - older, knowin about all a Elvis's promotin of immorality, premarital sex, extramarital sex, leavin ya spouse sex, an just immorality in general, hey, let ole Elvis come on the radio singin a hymn, an they'll git all misty eyed, wiping tears an all, like Elvis was singin at hymn just for them. What's the deal with this.

DISCLAIMER: I thought about this recently when at a funeral I done, the person had requested a hymn by Elvis be sung at the funeral. As ole Elvis commenced singin em lyrics, hey, 1/3 a the women in the funeral home was lookin all sad, teary eyed, like Elvis had come back from the dead to sing at song just for them. Personally, I couldn't wait till the song was over.
Acts-pert Poster
3/10/17 4:59 pm

Post Cojak
There was a time I thought you had some real common sense, BUT NOW I KNOW YOU AIN'T EVEN SMART!

Now I ain't even an Elvis fan. But I am smart enough to know not to step on girls toes, and I don't even dance . Them girls over 60 only remember THE KING! Sweet loving, kind and generous. Embarassed

Y'ain't never said nothing like that in the pulpit I know. (less'n it was youth nite!)

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/10/17 5:18 pm

Post Re: Why Does Womenfolk Weep & Wipe Tears When Elvis Sings Hymns? c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Well, not all womenfolk, cause momma don't like Elvis's music, but a lot a women, say 60 - older, knowin about all a Elvis's promotin of immorality, premarital sex, extramarital sex, leavin ya spouse sex, an just immorality in general, hey, let ole Elvis come on the radio singin a hymn, an they'll git all misty eyed, wiping tears an all, like Elvis was singin at hymn just for them. What's the deal with this.

DISCLAIMER: I thought about this recently when at a funeral I done, the person had requested a hymn by Elvis be sung at the funeral. As ole Elvis commenced singin em lyrics, hey, 1/3 a the women in the funeral home was lookin all sad, teary eyed, like Elvis had come back from the dead to sing at song just for them. Personally, I couldn't wait till the song was over.

The answer is simple - Those songs that generate tears have no steel guitars in them. It saddens the world.... Cool
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/10/17 5:34 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
There was a time I thought you had some real common sense, BUT NOW I KNOW YOU AIN'T EVEN SMART!

Its this thing I done had since I was a young'un, Cojak. When I seen a thing, I wanted to know "WHY." Now, you done gone to demeanin the ole timer fer tellin the truth an wonderin why?

Hey, you think the sweet, lovin, kind an generous Elvis was like at just outta the goodness a his heart. Or, maybe he was wantin a thing from all them swoonin masses a girls. An now, of all em 60+ ladies of the Lord what listens now an gits misty eyed, maybe it aint the Lord they gittin misty eyed about.
Acts-pert Poster
3/10/17 5:38 pm

Post Link
Cut them ladies some slack. It was at a funeral.
3/10/17 9:42 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
Cut them ladies some slack. It was at a funeral.

OTCP ain't cuttin nobody no slack, 'cept Clarence gettin' them wings! Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
3/10/17 10:21 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sorry old timer. Those ladies are from the Brad achool.. They know the only thing Elvis had to worry about was unbelief. The rest of that stuff was law...and Elvis didnt live under the law...that much I can tell you. TCB
3/11/17 4:51 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
People are emotionally moved by Elvis' gospel singing for the same reason they are moved by his rock and roll singing. The man was undeniably a phenomenally gifted singer, who knew how to touch people's emotions powerfully, regardless of his personal morality or lack thereof. Pink Floyd obviously touches you on a deep level, Old Timer, regardless of their personal morality or lack thereof. Music in general is just that way, emotionally very powerful, with some artists, such as Elvis, being remarkably gifted. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/17 11:14 am

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
People are emotionally moved by Elvis' gospel singing for the same reason they are moved by his rock and roll singing. The man was undeniably a phenomenally gifted singer, who knew how to touch people's emotions powerfully, regardless of his personal morality or lack thereof. Pink Floyd obviously touches you on a deep level, Old Timer, regardless of their personal morality or lack thereof. Music in general is just that way, emotionally very powerful, with some artists, such as Elvis, being remarkably gifted.

Thumb Up Thumb Up Very good point QW!
3/11/17 10:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic