Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How to Begin Mission Work?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How to Begin Mission Work? Pastor Wright
I received a question from someone I know and I thought it would be a good discussion for the board since the topic of missions has appeared here recently.

For those interested in getting into (or transitioning into) full-time missions work within the Church of God, what kind of steps need to be taken? How would someone begin that type of process?
3/7/17 12:47 pm

Post Apply for Missionary work Dentanner
This is a good question and I am not sure how many of our Church of God pastors actually have received information to pass on to young people or adult who are interested in Mission Work. I don't have much info on other organization but I can share a little from my experience with Church of God.

Some years ago, almost anyone could get a project number which allowed them to raise money for their personal mission work. In one case I am familiar with There was not much research required just a letter from the person wanting to do the ministry and a recommendation from the pastor. The previous COGWM administration tried to change that process putting in place more structure, referrals from other ministers, and a strict financial plan.

I do not have a current COGWM policy manual or list of things a candidate missionary needs to do, but here are my recommendations from past experience. Not necessarily in required order.

1. Confirm your calling and desire to do cross cultural ministry with your pastor.
2. Request a meeting through your pastor with the State Administrative Bishop and the State World Missions Board.
3. Follow recommendation of your Pastor and Administrative Bishop in the Church of God ministerial licensing process (if not already licensed with COG) and their requirement for being approved or recommended by the State. This is important because so much of your financial and prayer support will come through the churches and pastors in the State where you minister.
4. Write a letter to COGWM in Cleveland requesting the Missionary Policy Manual and explain your calling and desire to be a missionary.
5. Seek out the COG World Missions Representative for your area and share with him your vision, burden and calling for cross cultural ministry. The Representative will be key in helping you arrange services and helping you to raise your mission budget.
6. Maintain consistent updates and communication with COGWM, the World Missions Director, Assistant Director, and the Missions Administrator or Personnel Director.

This will get a person started and when you contact COGWM they will give you the necessary information to complete the process.

Dennis
Hey, DOC
3/7/17 4:40 pm

Post Pastor Wright
Thank you.
3/8/17 12:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic