Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Actscelerate Useless
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Actscelerate Useless Charlie Earl
This forum actually was helpful and cathartic for COG ministers. It is really become useless.

Folks like OTCP have made this site a joke. He posts so many ridiculous things that its filled with nonsense.

I check in time to time -- and looking at tonight --- OTCP just filled with goofy remarks and observations, etc. It dominates site.

Ok -- was a helpful place at one time. Hopefully someone might launch something new sometime.
2/20/17 8:15 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
That was a horrible and untruthful thing to say about OTCP.
2/20/17 9:33 pm

Post Judah4Him
I disagree. But, if you feel that strongly... there's a door somewhere around here... I'm sure you can find it. Friendly Face
2/20/17 10:58 pm

Post Cojak
CE you must have briars in your feed sack tonight. Acts is and has been useful to ministers who need to unload, ask for help, or just relax under a pen name.

You must have needed to unload. i hope you feel better my friend. It is an open site and used for many reasons. It is not always informative, but there are times it is to me.

Take care and drop back by if you need to unload. Shucks OTCP has taken shots before. There is not a requirement to open any of his posts. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/20/17 11:24 pm

Post Re: Actscelerate Useless Old Time Country Preacher
Charlie Earl wrote:
Folks like OTCP have made this site a joke. He posts so many ridiculous things that its filled with nonsense.

Charlie Earl, so good to see you too son. I been wonderin bout ya postin name--Charlie Earl. Mainly I been curious bout the name EARL and why anybody would use it, lessen you related to this feller named EARL what lived in Atlanta.
Acts-pert Poster
2/21/17 1:56 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Could be kin ta this here fella: http://blog.whitepages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/My-Name-is-Earl.png [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/17 2:45 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
Shucks OTCP has taken shots before. There is not a requirement to open any of his posts. Smile

You know it, Cojak. OTCP has taken shots from the best a the best and...

stood flat-footed
remained steady
didn't waver
refused to listen to the fake news of the naysayers
fought the good fight
railed agin by the woffies
stood agin Branhamism
exposed degree mills and accreditation mills
physically threatened by Dr. Shane ThD
belly laughed his way through erroneous exegesis
belt-jerked his way through independent spirits
stood the test a time
an........................

Hey, love ya Charlie Earl, but OTCP shall not be moved.
Acts-pert Poster
2/21/17 7:52 pm

Post Link
If you think the forum needs some better content, add some better content. Post something serious.
2/22/17 3:35 am

Tom Sterbens wrote:
I have nothing against OTCP - he or she does what they do in the whole parody thing.

Uh Oh, you done done it now Tom. You said OTCP, then referenced him with a he/she pronoun. That was bad enough. BUT..............................................then momma read the post. She then aksed the ole timer if he was a T. To which I responded, "A T?" Yep, you know, the T in LGBTQ. Are ya one a them transgenders? Now Tom, when momma starts aksin such questions, son, you done stirred the pot.....................
Acts-pert Poster
2/22/17 5:57 am

Post The Positive Side of Actscelerate Preacher777
We all know that certain posters can rub us the wrong way. Once in a while I open the post and usually my frustration is confirmed. Rather than get upset I take the positive approach and see it as God strengthening me and giving me practice to deal with that aggravating person who may show up now and then at church or other Christian activities. I tell myself, if David took on the bear and lion before Goliath I can walk in love the this "screen name poster" and then who is this problem guy or Jezebel in light of what God called me to do in the ministry? Why not use the most aggravating posts as a way to practice the love walk?

I do my best to focus on the many sincere people who are on here asking questions or offering advice and their knowledge/expertise. Consider all of the caring people who take time to encourage a struggling man or woman. If I focused on one or two problem people who may show up at church rather than the many wonderful people there I would be a depressed pastor!
Friendly Face
2/22/17 7:16 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom is right.

The season has come and gone.

10 years ago - this was the place.

But, outside of death notices - (for COG pastors that do not have a Cleveland connection - which would not otherwise be known outside of this site) and
OTCP doctorate inspections (which need to be exposed)

what has happened of value here in the last month?
2/22/17 8:03 am

Post bonnie knox
Well, I haven't (yet) beat up on the original poster, but I really do wonder why a person who thinks the forum is dead or useless shows up to say that. Why? What purpose does that possibly serve?
At the risk of making Ole Timer think I'm validating him, I just want to say he is one of my favorite posters, and I've learned a lot from him. To me he has a solid handle on Biblical exegesis that I would like to see in a more of our ministers. He is also even tempered when attacked. That's a rare quality (and maybe it's easier to be even tempered when one is a parody, but it's notable to me anyway).
I should also at some point make note that Actscelerate is where I struck up an online friendship with Cojak. Cojak and Mrs. Cojak have been a great source of encouragement and prayers in some difficult times for me. I have relied on Cojak for advice and optimism in all kinds of situations from things as mundane as house repairs to things as sticky as people issues. He's always been gracious and nonjudgmental. (And if I want to bounce off a theory about Russian spying or what happened to a plane that disappeared, he's the guy I can go to for a common sense answer.)

Tom Sterbens wrote:
I don't know why you guys are beating up on the original post/poster - his observation is legitimate.

I have nothing against OTCP - he or she does what they do in the whole parody thing. Go for it... Doyle has defended it and invites it - and objectively, if OTCP didn't post the forum would be all but dead.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/22/17 8:11 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
No doubt - I made friends here that are very valuable to me, as well.

I am sad that it is near the end...but I sense that it is.
2/22/17 9:02 am

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
10 years ago - this was the place.

But, outside of...OTCP doctorate inspections (which need to be exposed)

Well, at least I still got a ministry.................... Cool
Acts-pert Poster
2/22/17 10:26 am

bonnie knox wrote:
At the risk of making Ole Timer think I'm validating him, I just want to say he is one of my favorite posters, and I've learned a lot from him. To me he has a solid handle on Biblical exegesis that I would like to see in a more of our ministers. He is also even tempered when attacked. That's a rare quality (and maybe it's easier to be even tempered when one is a parody, but it's notable to me anyway).

You ain't validatin, Miss Bonnie, you just tellin the truth. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
2/22/17 10:28 am

Post c6thplayer1
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Tom is right.

The value is directly proportional to our post , our attitude and our responses. both negative and positive. We are responsible for quality of this site.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/22/17 1:20 pm

Post Pastor Wright
c6thplayer1 wrote:
The value is directly proportional to our post, our attitude and our responses. both negative and positive. We are responsible for quality of this site.

Yes and amen!
2/22/17 2:19 pm

Post Actscelerate is Awesome! famousflavius
Actscelerate is the place for truth, news, and commentary. No fake news here, just pure political churchianity. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
2/22/17 4:47 pm

Post Bonnie said some nice things Cojak
And I can truthfully return the compliments. As a lay person she had given some very good input here, showing that we lay folk still live.

Let me say about the death of an entity. Yes everything and everyone of us will come to the end. Some will leave in an instant other will die the slow death. I attend some wonderful churches as I visit around in our travels. Some I know are dying, jobs have left the area and there are no young folk to carry the local torch, BUT DURING THAT TIME, IF IT IS DYING THEY DESERVE A DEDICATED PASTOR AND CHURCH in which TO WORSHIP.

So I will be around, until I am way over the hill or Doyle turns off the lights. Now today for instance, JLarry gave me a belly laugh on this forum. Bonnie put on a link I had never read. I learned a couple things I otherwise would not have known about non-profits and lots of stuff with which I agree.

I am not prophet, maybe Actscelerate is not what it was, but I like the format. I tried the COG spot for awhile, where laymen and pastors can talk. But here? I feel more at home.Sorry for the length. Embarassed

BUT then I love '34 fords and '55Chevys! Wink Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/22/17 5:50 pm

Post Long Live Actscelerate famousflavius
Viva la Actscelerete' ! Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
2/22/17 6:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic