Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Little Known Facts about Roe V. Wade (link)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Little Known Facts about Roe V. Wade (link) Ventureforth
I found this article on Roe vs Wade with facts I didn't know about the decision.

I think it is especially appropriate considering Trump's recent actions on abortion and an upcoming SC pick.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444135/roe-v-wade-abortion-supreme-court-harry-blackmun-trimesters-federal-law-state-laws

Your thoughts?
Acts-celerater
1/23/17 7:39 pm

Post Link
The fifth amendment says,
"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law ."

The 14th amendment says
"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

A reasonable Supreme Court could interpret this to outlaw abortion.

It is not reasonable for the Supreme Court to use this to redefine marriage.
1/24/17 4:46 am

Post . Ventureforth
Link wrote:
The fifth amendment says,
"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law ."

The 14th amendment says
"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

A reasonable Supreme Court could interpret this to outlaw abortion.

It is not reasonable for the Supreme Court to use this to redefine marriage.

Good points. So what the courts had to do is redefine what it is to be human. According to article the judge that wrote the decision in Roe v Wade later admitted that the point he set for legal abortion of the baby inside the womb was arbitrary. Some time back I did a little research into when science considers a fetus to be human and there was no clear cut answer. I found basically it was a philosophical and religious question.

Also, I thought it was interesting that if Roe v Wade were overturned it would simply give the decision of legality back to the states.
Acts-celerater
1/24/17 9:21 am

Post Ventureforth
Trump's possible choices for the Supreme Court

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/24/511493397/3-judges-trump-may-nominate-for-the-supreme-court

The whole article is worth reading but especially the last 3 paragraphs. It could be there is more than one seat to fill in the SC during Trump's presidency, according to the article. But I can imagine the liberal judges will be hanging on just as long as they possibly can.
Acts-celerater
1/24/17 9:13 pm

Post Cojak
Ventureforth wrote:
... But I can imagine the liberal judges will be hanging on just as long as they possibly can.

That point now especially is a fact. We may again find senility along with liberals on board. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/25/17 12:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic