Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Swaggart College to be Relaunched by Original President
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Swaggart College to be Relaunched by Original President Resident Skeptic
Yesterday, Dr. Don Paul Gray resigned as pastor of his AoG church in Texas and will be relocating to Baton Rouge on March 1 to relaunch JSBC. He was JSBC's original President, serving from 1984-1986. He then pastored a large AoG church in Mobile and most recently pastored in Texas.

At the time of his originally becoming President of JSBC in 1984, he was serving as the Academic Dean of Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, Texas. He basically used the SAGU blueprint when working with other men and women to found JSBC.

In a conversation last night, Dr. Gray told me....

Quote:
I am moving to BR and will help rebuild and relaunch the College. I will move there by March 1. I resigned my church today.

I met with the Swaggart's three times this past week. Empty buildings, broken dreams and great possibilities.

We are quickened by the Spirit to return to rebuild even as Nehemiah when he returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the walls.

I will be providing further details as they are made available to me.
1/23/17 2:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Wow. What a colossal mistake that would be. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/23/17 2:59 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Wow. What a colossal mistake that would be.

Unless some radical changes in philosophy and attitude have been made behind-the-scenes that we don't know about, I would tend to agree with your assessment. My first inclination is to be worried about Dr. Gray.
1/23/17 3:03 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
What about Loren Larson? Acts-pert Poster
1/23/17 3:29 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
What about Loren Larson?

Good question.

Since this is a "re-launch", I assume what passes off currently as "W.E.B.C" will be swept away. In 1983, Dr. Gray and many other learned AoG holders of Doctorates began building the school from the ground up. Whether or not Larson will be a part of the this rebuilding team has not been revealed to me.
1/23/17 3:32 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Will it leave JS name off of it?
I think it could be a success without it.
1/23/17 3:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

The current "rump" institution does not bear his name. I have not heard yet what the new institution will be called.
1/23/17 3:52 pm

Post Cojak

I agree NBF, Surely someone is that smart. Embarassed

(But then I kept advising Trump to change his tactics too!) Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/23/17 6:12 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
One has to wonder if the AG's 1988 ban on credentialed AG ministers working for Jimmy Swaggart Ministries remains in place. If so, that would tend to make things a bit more complicated for any AG-credentialed ministers who might choose to work for JSM. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/23/17 8:47 pm

Wonder if Dr Oliver McMahan will go back? Acts-pert Poster
1/23/17 9:27 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Wonder if Dr Oliver McMahan will go back?

I thought I saw him on the campus of SAGU the other day.
1/23/17 9:30 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
One has to wonder if the AG's 1988 ban on credentialed AG ministers working for Jimmy Swaggart Ministries remains in place. If so, that would tend to make things a bit more complicated for any AG-credentialed ministers who might choose to work for JSM.

It all depends on how the AG decides to interpret things. Dr, Gray is AG and I am concerned about him losing his credentials.
1/23/17 9:31 pm

Post Link
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
One has to wonder if the AG's 1988 ban on credentialed AG ministers working for Jimmy Swaggart Ministries remains in place. If so, that would tend to make things a bit more complicated for any AG-credentialed ministers who might choose to work for JSM.

It all depends on how the AG decides to interpret things. Dr, Gray is AG and I am concerned about him losing his credentials.

Maybe he's getting is far enough advanced in years that he doesn't care about his credentials much anymore.
1/24/17 4:43 am

Post georgiapath
Cojak wrote:

I agree NBF, Surely someone is that smart. Embarassed

(But then I kept advising Trump to change his tactics too!) Embarassed Embarassed

And he didn't listen, now is president of the good ole USA. haha
Acts-dicted
1/24/17 11:49 am

RS, do ya think the curriculum will be more than just the Expositor's Study Bible? Acts-pert Poster
1/24/17 12:36 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
RS, do ya think the curriculum will be more than just the Expositor's Study Bible?

Years ago the bookstore there was chock full of music and literature by hundreds of authors and artists. Not any more. It's all JSM now.
1/24/17 5:05 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:
RS, do ya think the curriculum will be more than just the Expositor's Study Bible?

Years ago the bookstore there was chock full of music and literature by hundreds of authors and artists. Not any more. It's all JSM now.

Hey, instead of a docterate in preachin, singin or shoutin, I could git one in the message of the cross.
Acts-pert Poster
1/24/17 9:56 pm

Post Link
Couldn't Jimmy Swaggart just get him one of 'em 'ere doctorates and be president of the Bible College himself? I went to their middle school, and at the time the high school went up to 10th grade, but I think they should have added 12th grade by now. They could give him an honorary diploma, he could get an honorary masters somewhere... then a doctorate.
1/24/17 11:02 pm

Post New Name?? Purplebarney
Maybe they will call it

THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS INVENTED BY SWAGGART UNIVERSITY
Acts-celerater
1/26/17 3:57 pm

Post The COG Apostle
Can you imagine having a resume with "Jimmy Swaggart Bible College" as your school? Acts-celerater
1/26/17 4:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic