Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Buddhists and Hindu praying after COG preacher sermon

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Buddhists and Hindu praying after COG preacher sermon Link
I'll not name the country, but I went to a Christmas event held by a political party. Some family friends gave us an invitation and we went. These things are usually a church service with a Christmas theme, followed by a large buffet. It was really late to be celebrating Christmas. I guess everyone was busy.

It was part Christmas, part talk about their political party. I hope their governor candidate doesn't win this round because a Christian is running against him, a Christian who has done a really good job as government, even by the testimony of those who want to put him in jail for allegedly bad-mouthing their religion.

A COG pastor of a large mega church, where my wife used to attend preaches. We got there late, so I caught the tail end. I can tell he is a good speaker. His doctorate was also earned, my wife informed me (OTCP should be relieved.)

So they have the Christmas event. At the end of it, during the candle light vigil, they have a woman in a head covering that symbolizes another religion up there lighting the candles. I wonder if another guy wearing an orang scarf around his neck is Buddhist because he's kind of chubby and Chinese looking, and kind of looks like a Buddha statue. But then it really does get weird.

They have a Protestant minister in black with a white clerical collar pray. Then they have someone pray representing the Catholics. He's dressed like a monk in brown, except the habit is kind of shiny, kind of futuristic looking. Then they have a Muslim pray. Then a Hindu gets up there and chants something. Then a Buddhist. I had a big group with me and it was crowded in the room. I've taken kids out of the room with an Hindu started chanting and throwing water at the crowd. I didn't do it this time, partly because it was over fast, and partly because the logistics of getting the kids out was hard.

I don't think the COG preacher had anything to do with the Buddhist and Hindu praying. I don't get why a political party, even, would try to mix other religions into a Christian event. Christians don't usually go down to the mosque and start leading prayer. They should realize that Hinduism is in theory opposed to and incompatible with the worship of the God of Abraham. On the other hand, all these religions confess the one God around here, since that is part of the national philosophy. But I don't want Hindus or Buddhist praying to their false gods at a Christmas event. I find it offensive to do so.
1/17/17 12:16 pm

Post Cojak
Link, my man, you find some strange places. I had more written but it disappeared. Maybe that is good!!! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/18/17 8:54 pm

Post Link
The woman who gave us the invitation is a pastor of a Charismatic church. She drove out to our apartment, dropped off the invitation, invited us, and left. We'd been to another event like this she invited us to that didn't have the Buddhist and Hindu prayers. This was a prayer group that had a big event, a super-long Christmas themed church service followed by a nice buffet. That one wasn't too crowded and we had a place to sit and talk to people at the table.

This was a political party, and we want the other guy, the Christian who is the incumbent, to win for governor. I think this party supported him before. Her husband is involved somehow with the party.

I hate to decline these invitations, especially when she drove it out to us to give it to us. But I think I'll decline them if they are political party events. I don't want my foreign face showing up on some poster or website for a political party. And I don't want to go to Christmas events where people pray to other gods. It's just weird, not to mention uncomfortable, weird, and offensive to Christians who attend.
1/18/17 11:26 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
...... But I think I'll decline them if they are political party events. I don't want my foreign face showing up on some poster or website for a political party. And I don't want to go to Christmas events where people pray to other gods. It's just weird, not to mention uncomfortable, weird, and offensive to Christians who attend.

Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/20/17 11:05 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic