Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

IHOP Onething Conference has 18000 millenials in attendance

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post IHOP Onething Conference has 18000 millenials in attendance brotherjames
Mike Bikel's IHOP Onething 2016 Conference is in full swing with more than 18000 young people registered for the 4 day event live in Kansas City. Mike gave an impassioned word last night on the Beauty of God. Quite a revelation. On Friday at 9 AM Central Time, Todd White will be speaking and Bill Johnson will be speaking at 8 PM Central on Friday with Jonathan David Helser leading worship at 7. I know OTCP's take on these people but he is wrong. Here are 18000 millenials gathered to worship Jesus in Spirit and in Truth for 4 days when they could be at Times Square or elsewhere. This is worth watching and the Worship alone is worth it. Misty Edwards is doing tonight's.

Here is a Link. http://www.ihopkc.org/
Acts-celerater
12/29/16 2:41 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Teaching all of them to prophesy appears to be a goal.
Do they also have a class on accuracy.

I'm not OTCP - but I am not a fan.

And based on my facebook, they aren't all millenials - as there are many apostles and prophets older than me in attendance.
12/29/16 5:04 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I'm not OTCP - but I am not a fan.

Yeah, me too. Let's keep it at the fan level though, and not get into the obsessive fascination with OTCP that brotherjames seems to have. It's like he can't help mentioning him in his posts.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/29/16 7:44 pm

Post Nor can Bonnie help herself brotherjames
From trolling my posts. Hee hee.

I mention otcp only because he is the most vocal about his denial of these godly men being in fact godly and not heretical
DUH
Acts-celerater
12/29/16 8:05 pm

Post And as to NBF brotherjames
There are some older people there admittedly however the vast, vast majority are under 25. I know because several of our students are there.

I would rather teach people (and do) on how to be used by the Holy Spirit than to decry it and grieve the Spirit in the process. Good grief.
Acts-celerater
12/29/16 8:20 pm

Post Re: Nor can Bonnie help herself bonnie knox
Actually, I'm waiting for you to exit Acts like you promised or either admit that you didn't actually mean what you said. I'm also waiting for you to apologize for all the name calling and misrepresentation of other posters you've done, but I don't really expect that to happen. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/29/16 9:12 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
they aren't all millenials

But it makes it sound like a LOT when you say eighteen thousand millennials. Sort of like the blonde who wanted to know how much a brazilian was because she saw a headline that said six Brazilian soldiers were killed.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/29/16 9:16 pm

Post Most of them are Bonnie brotherjames
I'm not there but my sources said the vast majority if not all were millenials. Acts-celerater
12/29/16 9:51 pm

Post Most of them are Bonnie brotherjames
I'm not there but my sources said the vast majority if not all were millenials. I still think my point is taken that a huge number of young people would spend 4 days worshipping God rather than doing something else is a big deal but like usual you want to be snarky and split hairs. So maybe 15000 millenials are there . MAYBE you might want to check it out for yourself it's on God tv live. And I don't post very much here anymore but I haven't left totally. It's too much fun to poke the bears here. Acts-celerater
12/29/16 9:55 pm

Post My point exactly Tom brotherjames
Some would rather fight about and nit pick slightly different theology or viewpoints and dismiss the obvious impact these ministries are having in this world for the Kingdom. I applaud them whether I embrace everything they believe. Mike Bickles word last night was a passionate exposition on a subject rarely taught upon, the beauty of God! Acts-celerater
12/29/16 10:15 pm

Post Re: IHOP Onething Conference has 18000 millenials in attendance Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Mike Bikel's IHOP Onething 2016 Conference

Todd White

Bill Johnson

Jonathan David Helser

I know OTCP's take on these people but he is wrong. Here are 18000 millenials gathered to worship

The logic is faulty BJ. 18,000 folk at a conference--in an of itself--means little. They was a heap a folk on Mt Carmel that day, but only a handful was legitimate. Several thousand folk gathered to hear Bill Johnson validates/legitimizes little. Could be they just like his haircut.
Acts-pert Poster
12/30/16 5:41 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Been watching. Really cool...

Don't know why anyone wouldn't celebrate that many people getting together to celebrate Jesus.

Tom, since you seem to know something about this and I respect your opinion - my experience with this group, in addition to asking folks to prophesy all the time over each other, is that they teach subservience to those that they designate as apostles "over them"- even so far as to let the apostles direct their lives, finances, who they marry, etc... - often through prophecies.

Is that a good thing?

Or is it just one step away from David Koresh-ism?
12/30/16 7:52 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I applaud them whether I embrace everything they believe.

Yet it would kill you to do the same for fellow Acts posters who are ministers of the gospel.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/30/16 8:20 am

Post As the great comedian Larry the cable guy would say Ernie Long
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Yet it would kill you to do the same for fellow Acts posters who are ministers of the gospel.

That's funny right there coming from Bonnie.
Acts Enthusiast
12/30/16 8:35 am

Post Re: As the great comedian Larry the cable guy would say bonnie knox
Ernie, what is your problem with me?
From the time you came on the forum, your posts have primarily consisted of lots of questions of how you should deal with situations in your ministry. Whenever I responded, you would get defensive, so for the longest time, I skipped even trying to respond to your posts.
If you don't think I've been fair with you, please address that directly.

Ernie Long wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

That's funny right there coming from Bonnie.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/30/16 8:49 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
NIV Luke 9:50 "Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

I've been watching this 'Live' & your estimate is quite accurate. The overwhelming amount of attenders are 25 & under.

I don't know about the theology they teach or the practice of prophetic words but I do know this much, if any of us who claim Jesus as Lord were to stand on the platform at this event & tell them you're against their celebration of Jesus you would do more harm than good.

Why not celebrate the understanding that their are multiple members of the body of Christ?

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/30/16 3:56 pm

Post Clint Wills
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Been watching. Really cool...

Don't know why anyone wouldn't celebrate that many people getting together to celebrate Jesus.

THANK YOU Tom!!!

I've actually attended a Sunday morning service at Bethel. It's a lot like any other successful church. They cared about my kids, they cared about my worship, they cared about their first-time guests (which was me), and they cared about the Word.
Maybe we should stop worrying so much about our differences and start focusing more on our commonalities. Thousands of people will be in a Heaven as a direct result of the ministries of Bethel and Jesus Culture. Lets celebrate THAT!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/31/16 10:31 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Thanks Tom.
I worry about my pastor friends that are in it - based on some of their posts online.
However, they have been there for New Years for quite a few years - and there are many saying they are the bomb. Who am I to question, I guess.
12/31/16 5:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic