Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The DRTV Style TV Show

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The DRTV Style TV Show Link
I've noticed a certain model for funding Christian TV shows. It is a direct response television advertisement-funded show.

I first remember seeing Jack Van Impe do this. He would quote scriptures and read the newspaper and make an end-time scenario argument. The show was chopped up with mini-commercials from an announcer trying to sell some product.

Sid Roth does this on his show. I've noticed Sean Bolz on that show that used to be hosted by John Paul Jackson, dreams and mysteries or whatever it is, had a DRTV ad in the middle of it.

Personally, I'd rather just see these shows in the midst of ads for dish soap and insurance. The DRTV ads remind me of the verse on peddling the word. I'm not judging or condemning, but it rubs me the wrong way.

And I'd definitely rather see ads for dish detergent than a week of beg-a-thon and guys with that artificial preacher tone of voice, big hair, and 1970's clothes telling people they can get a special supernatural financial blessing if they call in at a certain moment.
12/23/16 5:11 am

Post Da Sheik
Just another reason I don't watch much "Christian" television. The airtime is so expensive they're forced to do something to make up for the lack of sponsorship that a secular program would have. So instead of typical ads, you have "buy my latest book", "come to my conference", "come on a cruise with me", "give a love gift and get a piece of junk trinket", "buy a DVD or audio of this teaching ", and the list goes on....and on. Acts Enthusiast
12/23/16 8:23 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic