Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have you ever heard of the "Spirit of leviathan?"

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Have you ever heard of the "Spirit of leviathan?" Ernie Long
Is there such a thing?

I have read of it being a spirit that attacks churches, but not individuals.

Really looking for some clarity on this.
Acts Enthusiast
12/8/16 1:23 pm

Post Da Sheik
Haven't heard this one. Maybe the cousin to the spirit of "python" ? Laughing

Just poking a little fun but honestly aren't all demonic powers actively seeking to destroy the Church, both corporately and individually? I don't see anywhere in the Bible that we are to identify/label different spirits and deal with them in a different fashion. The simple approach seems to be "resist the devil....".
Acts Enthusiast
12/8/16 1:53 pm

Post Re: Have you ever heard of the "Spirit of leviathan?" Old Time Country Preacher
Ernie Long wrote:
Is there such a thing?

I have read of it being a spirit that attacks churches, but not individuals.

Really looking for some clarity on this.

Where did you hear this, Ernie?
Acts-pert Poster
12/8/16 2:47 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
http://www.identitynetwork.net/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=21917&columnid= Acts-pert Poster
12/8/16 2:51 pm

Post diakoneo
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
http://www.identitynetwork.net/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=21917&columnid=

Ohhhhhhh...

That explains a lot Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/16 5:23 pm

diakoneo wrote:
http://www.identitynetwork.net/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=21917&columnid=

Ohhhhhhh...

That explains a lot Smile

Sho Nuff on at one, D.
Acts-pert Poster
12/8/16 8:36 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
... honestly aren't all demonic powers actively seeking to destroy the Church, both corporately and individually? I don't see anywhere in the Bible that we are to identify/label different spirits and deal with them in a different fashion. The simple approach seems to be "resist the devil....".

I have felt that way for many years.(There are time you WANT to do more than resist, maybe drop a grenade or something. Shocked ) Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/16 10:46 pm

Post Da Sheik wayne
Da Sheik wrote:
Haven't heard this one. Maybe the cousin to the spirit of "python" ? Laughing

Just poking a little fun but honestly aren't all demonic powers actively seeking to destroy the Church, both corporately and individually? I don't see anywhere in the Bible that we are to identify/label different spirits and deal with them in a different fashion. The simple approach seems to be "resist the devil....".

what about Mark 5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
Acts Enthusiast
12/9/16 9:15 am

Post C'mon Bro, Ernie Long
do you have his site bookmarked so that when someone asks a question that is the first place you go? Surely with the logos Bible software you have, you could find something on it just as easily couldn't you?

I clicked on your link, thinking I was going to read something worthwhile, but instead, saw who it was and closed the page.

Since leviathan is mention several times in the bible, I thought maybe someone could provide some info on it.

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

Psalm 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Psalm 104:26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Acts Enthusiast
12/9/16 9:50 am

Post Re: C'mon Bro, Old Time Country Preacher
Ernie Long wrote:
do you have his site bookmarked so that when someone asks a question that is the first place you go? Surely with the logos Bible software you have, you could find something on it just as easily couldn't you?

I clicked on your link, thinking I was going to read something worthwhile, but instead, saw who it was and closed the page.

Since leviathan is mention several times in the bible, I thought maybe someone could provide some info on it.

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

Psalm 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Psalm 104:26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Check your personal messages, Ernie. I believe a leviathan slithered in there.
Acts-pert Poster
12/9/16 11:09 am

Post Link
I remember learning a bit about the pagan mythology of the Canaanites in Old Testament class in college. In a certain version of their mythology, Baal either killed or defeated a sea beast called Lowtan (cognate with Lewiathan.) One Bible passage, the professor said, tells of Yahweh defeating Lowtan. In some passages, the leviathan is seen as a large beast, maybe a crocodile or dinosaur.
12/9/16 1:33 pm

There is NO biblical support for a "spirit of leviathan" an that this spirit's work is to attack churches. Maybe fodder for a sermon or to excite an altar service, but no foundation in reality-----------cept for the Bentley-ites an such. Acts-pert Poster
12/9/16 2:39 pm

Post Todd Bentley famousflavius
That sounds like something Todd Bentley would write. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
12/9/16 4:18 pm

Post Da Sheik
Cojak wrote:
I have felt that way for many years.(There are time you WANT to do more than resist, maybe drop a grenade or something. Shocked ) Wink

No kidding! Cool

wayne wrote:
what about Mark 5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Wayne, to answer your question: I don't see this as the basis for building a doctrine of demonology or exorcism. As far as "leviathan" goes...often the bible refers to evil forces in terms we can understand (ex. wolves, serpents, dragons, etc.).

Further, if the expulsion of the "Legion" is the model for driving out demons, then not only should we always ask their names, but also find out where they'd like to go. Hopefully some swine would be feeding nearby Razz

There is no good reason for the proliferation of this kind of thing (spirit of Python, spirit of Jezebel, spirit of Leviathan, etc.) other than constructing clever sermon series to tantalize itching ears. We would much rather hear some sensational formula to defeat the devil(s) in our lives than simply to submit to God and resist the devil.

Where's Bob Larson when we need him?
Acts Enthusiast
12/9/16 4:50 pm

Da Sheik wrote:
There is no good reason for the proliferation of this kind of thing (spirit of Python, spirit of Jezebel, spirit of Leviathan, etc.) other than constructing clever sermon series to tantalize itching ears.

Uh Oh, Da Sheik done commenced discerning an delineating truth.
Acts-pert Poster
12/9/16 5:16 pm

Post Link
Some of the 'spirit of Jezebel' teachings that were popular in the early '90's that you still hear today were just so weird. How in the world could anyone who reads the Bible come up with them?

The passage about 'that woman Jezebel' doesn't say anything about 'the spirit of Jezebel.' There are people who take the characteristics (or certain characteristics) of the old Phoenician queen of Israel and assume that one powerful spirit has these characteristics. Of course, they usually leave out the part about promoting actual sexual immorality and idolatry. Literally, couldn't 'spirit of Jezebel' refer to the dead woman's ghost?
12/9/16 10:00 pm

Link wrote:
The passage about 'that woman Jezebel' doesn't say anything about 'the spirit of Jezebel.' There are people who take the characteristics (or certain characteristics) of the old Phoenician queen of Israel and assume that one powerful spirit has these characteristics.

Well, I'm gonna have to throw ma manuscript out the door. I had it almost wrote, ready for publishin, an ready for a new season influx of finances, an here Links goes an reveals the plot of ma book. Crying or Very sad
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/16 9:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic