Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"The Message of the Cross" was UNKNOWN Until it was Revealed to Swaggart in '92

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "The Message of the Cross" was UNKNOWN Until it was Revealed to Swaggart in '92 Old Time Country Preacher
Was just gittin ma evenin exercise (channel surfin) an come across Swaggart's program on SBN. It was a four person panel: Swaggart, Larson, one I didn't recognize, an Jim Woolsey. Woolsey said that he had read most all the theologians, all the way back to the early church fathers. He said he had never heard the message of the cross (or read where any major theologian had ever mentioned it) till God revealed it to Swaggart. He said he now understands how the message of the cross is a "law of God" like the law of gravity.

This message of the cross was unheard of before Swaggart's moral failures in the late '80's. Then, in 1992, BAM (as Todd Bentley would say), this new revelation is given to Swaggart. Man, ats quite a feat aint it?
Acts-pert Poster
12/5/16 9:50 pm

Post JLarry
I have tried watching Jimmy but it sickens me. It sickens me to watch a man who thinks every one is wrong but him. He and his little group are the only ones who have the truth.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.

Last edited by JLarry on 12/7/16 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts Mod
12/6/16 8:00 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I got no vendetta agin Swaggart, I just can't believe that folk fall for stuff like this................a truth hidden from all church history, then revealed to Swaggart, an some fellers who were leaders in the AG (eg, Woolsey), are embracing it. Acts-pert Poster
12/6/16 10:19 am

Post diakoneo
Well, after all I am sure God would want someone to corner the market on the message of the cross. That way they could boast to the world about it and start their own network and stuff. Make a ton of cash! And prance around with the "big head" syndrome.

Right???

Surprised
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/6/16 11:28 am

Post c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
I got no vendetta agin Swaggart, I just can't believe that folk fall for stuff like this................a truth hidden from all church history, then revealed to Swaggart, an some fellers who were leaders in the AG (eg, Woolsey), are embracing it.

well its obvious that you wont attend Jims next revival so I got you some tickets to another event.... Cool

Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/6/16 1:33 pm

c6thplayer1 wrote:
I got no vendetta agin Swaggart, I just can't believe that folk fall for stuff like this................a truth hidden from all church history, then revealed to Swaggart, an some fellers who were leaders in the AG (eg, Woolsey), are embracing it.

well its obvious that you wont attend Jims next revival so I got you some tickets to another event.... Cool

This is a genuine circus act, C. Ole Tilton could give PT Barnum a run for his money.

Here is some a ole Bob's shows as recent as Dec 1:

http://roberttilton.lightcast.com/
Acts-pert Poster
12/6/16 4:31 pm

Post Da Sheik
I'm just glad I've got his study bible with his running commentary in red letters. I'd be lost without it ! Embarassed Acts Enthusiast
12/6/16 5:40 pm

Da Sheik wrote:
I'm just glad I've got his study bible with his running commentary in red letters. I'd be lost without it ! Embarassed

If you lost without at study Bible, Sheik, son, you need to get ever single one a Swaggart's commentaries. They is one for ever book in the Bible. Son, you wouldn't ever git lost agin. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
12/6/16 6:13 pm

Post Methocostal
I don't know Woosley, but the AG's have a lot of flakes,,, Benny Hinn, goodness, all the names left me, but more than a few name it, claim it folks. The AG pastors I know are down to earth and sincere, but those on TV really take the cake.

Friendly Face
12/7/16 9:12 am

Methocostal wrote:
I don't know Woosley, but the AG's have a lot of flakes,,, Benny Hinn, goodness, all the names left me, but more than a few name it, claim it folks. The AG pastors I know are down to earth and sincere, but those on TV really take the cake.

The COG has got some flakes too, Meth. Some of em is even Copeland affiliates.
Acts-pert Poster
12/7/16 9:55 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
AMEN!!!

JLarry wrote:
I have tried to watching Jimmy but it sickens me. It sickens me to watch a man who thinks every one is wrong but him. He and his little group are the only ones who have the truth.
Friendly Face
12/7/16 2:14 pm

Post Re: "The Message of the Cross" was UNKNOWN Until it was Revealed to Swaggart in '92 Resident Skeptic
Was just gittin ma evenin exercise (channel surfin) an come across Swaggart's program on SBN. It was a four person panel: Swaggart, Larson, one I didn't recognize, an Jim Woolsey. Woolsey said that he had read most all the theologians, all the way back to the early church fathers. He said he had never heard the message of the cross (or read where any major theologian had ever mentioned it) till God revealed it to Swaggart. He said he now understands how the message of the cross is a "law of God" like the law of gravity.

This message of the cross was unheard of before Swaggart's moral failures in the late '80's. Then, in 1992, BAM (as Todd Bentley would say), this new revelation is given to Swaggart. Man, ats quite a feat aint it?

And because he did not have this revelation himself prior to 1992, he is not to blame for his moral failings. If he had only known about the cross, none of that would have happened.
12/8/16 6:44 am

Post Re: "The Message of the Cross" was UNKNOWN Until it was Revealed to Swaggart in '92 Old Time Country Preacher
Resident Skeptic wrote:
And because he did not have this revelation himself prior to 1992, he is not to blame for his moral failings. If he had only known about the cross, none of that would have happened.

Which means his moral ineptitude and failures were not his fault, but God's fault. If God had given him this revelation in, say, 1972, imagine how much greater his ministry would have been--even to the point of transforming the entire AG (he was still AG then).
Acts-pert Poster
12/8/16 10:40 am

Post Peanut Butter
Bumpity bump bump Friendly Face
12/19/16 7:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic