Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Luke 2:13: The word "host" means army of 10,000?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Luke 2:13: The word "host" means army of 10,000? doyle
As a result of my serving as a hospital Chaplain, Linda and I were invited to a local church banquet held by a large Sunday School class in our area.

It's a church with strong Bible teaching, and the SS class teacher, a lawyer and City Attorney for four different towns in our area, headed up an excellent program.

He handed out 12 questions and "Some things you may not know" about the birth of Christ as recorded in Luke. He said, the word "Host" in that story, means Army of at least 10,000.

Wow. If that is true, the enormity of it all adds even more power to the story. I had never heard that "Host" means Army of at least 10,000. Sounds great to me but I wonder if any viewers have heard that?

I've always liked the song, "He could have called 10,000 angels" but maybe they showed up without Him even having to call them. Just sayin.

Doyle
12/3/16 3:29 pm

Post Not saying your lawyer friend is wrong brotherjames
but the word host in Hebrew and in Greek merely means an encampment or army. An undoubtedly large force but we are not told any numbers of angels or size of an army except in the throne room in Rev 5:11  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

If the host of heaven is as the number of stars then the number of angels would have to be in the trillions. Is a host 10000? Could be but then that would be a huge number of armies. All I know is that the army of God is more than enough to help mankind win!!! We might now have a Secretary of Defense nicknamed "Mad Dog" but we have an Archangel named Michael who can and has beat up on an angel named beelzebub. I'm with him and no matter how many is in his army it will be enough because his boss is going to come riding on a white horse with a name on His Thigh and Robe that says He is the King of Kings and He has already won the battle by Himself.

Merry Christmas!
Acts-celerater
12/3/16 6:29 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nope, my condolences to the quad-city man of jurisprudence, but the word host don't mean specifically a number of 10,000. I think he got the 10,000 mixed up with his attorney fees. Acts-pert Poster
12/3/16 6:50 pm

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Nope, my condolences to the quad-city man of jurisprudence, but the word host don't mean specifically a number of 10,000. I think he got the 10,000 mixed up with his attorney fees.

Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/3/16 8:32 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic