Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Clayton Jennings Steps Away from Ministry (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Clayton Jennings Steps Away from Ministry (L) Old Time Country Preacher
www.christianpost.com/news/evangelist-clayton-jennings-steps-away-from-ministry-after-multiple-sex-partners-come-forward-171842/ Acts-pert Poster
12/2/16 1:03 pm

Post Cojak
I don't know Clayton, but I do know that all ministers should look at their lives as not just me and mine, but at the few or thousands that are hurt by not abiding by their own preaching and vows to church and God.

It amazes me the ignorance disregard shown by the few ministers who seem to see them selves above scripture. In my years with the COG (mostly as a member) I have known only one minister personally who, when he sinned (committed adultery) the next day went to the State Overseer and turned in his Ordination papers, confessed, asked for forgiveness and had prayer with the overseer. Then resigned and followed all the rules. I respect that man until this day. He is still a friend.

Most Ministers who 'fall' keep on preaching, pastoring, evangelizing until they are 'CAUGHT'.
Sorry.... Embarassed But we folk in the pew have seen too much, and it hurts. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/3/16 1:20 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:

Most Ministers who 'fall' keep on preaching, pastoring, evangelizing until they are 'CAUGHT'.
Sorry.... Embarassed But we folk in the pew have seen too much, and it hurts. Confused

Which is one reason we need to know of these type stories. They should served as warnings to each of us. No one is exempt--no one. The moment a person moves beyond the parameters of integrity, the road is downward. The hurt, damage, grief is long term. Some never recover. The more visible the person, the greater the damage.

Because all this is true, it is the height of arrogance for someone in ministry to refuse restoration, and simply "hop back in the pulpit" two weeks later.
Acts-pert Poster
12/3/16 9:33 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
That is why I like the governing rules for the COG ministers. If they are caught in adultry or moral failure, they are required to step down and take correction, counceling and restoration. they have a waiting period where they can't get their license back until they have met many qualifications. When people are independent and have no one over them, they can pretty much do as they please and be back in the pulpit in 2 weeks. Friendly Face
12/3/16 10:52 am

Post sheepdogandy
DISCIPLINE:

All ministers Licensed and ordained through SPWC INCORPORATED shall be accountable to the SPWC board of Directors and Conference of Stewards.

Ministerial credentials may be revoked by a majority vote of the SPWC Conference of Stewards after due process has been served by the SPWC INCORPORATED board of Directors.

Ministerial credentials will be permanently revoked when ministers are found guilty of homosexuality, pedophilia or other sins deemed gross misconduct by the SPWC INCORPORATED board of Directors.
They cannot be reinstated under these conditions.

Any minister found guilty of lesser offences will have their credentials revoked for a period to be determined by the SPWC Conference of Stewards, upon recommendation by the SPWC INCORPORATED board of Directors.

Ministers who return their credentials to evade charges instituted against them as a result of offending conduct shall be considered guilty.

That's how we do it.

Independent and all. Cool

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/3/16 1:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic