Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastor Clyde Johns, Warner Robins Ga., has passed from this life

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastor Clyde Johns, Warner Robins Ga., has passed from this life JLarry
Note from Doyle: My sincere apologies for this not being brought to the top of the page sooner. Our goal is to provide headline space to each and every COG minister who departs this life. We do this in honor of their personal service and for the "Calling" God has placed on their life. Pastor Johns was a hero to many people and we share our sympathies with his precious family.

FROM LARRY: Clyde Johns, pastor in Warner Robins for over 30 years, has passed from this life.

I sat at the table to eat lunch with Clyde & Paula at the state ministers meeting about 2 weeks ago. I asked him then how he was doing and he said fine.

Clyde preached a revival in my church in the 70's. Great guy, very smart man.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/7/16 4:16 pm

Post Cutting Edge Pastor Mike Cowart
In his day Clyde was the cutting edge pastor in our state… when he built his first building that would seat 500 pastor’s even state leaders scoffed at the idea… one said to him, “Clyde, do you know how many Churches of God run 500?” He built it anyway and filled it up.

He always rejoiced with me when Live Oak was first growing. I brought him in to do our first revival teaching on finances… My heart is heavy over his passing but my spirit is envious of his promotion.
11/7/16 4:49 pm

Post Clyde Johns 2ndgeneration
Clyde was a great Kingdom leader and gift to, not only the body of Christ, but to the Church of God. He was without a doubt one of the greatest Bible teachers on most subjects. Like Mike Cowart, I had Clyde to do a revival in Griffin on, of all things, our stewardship of our finances. It was incredible and made a definite mark on the growth of the church.

He came into the Church of God many years ago from a small holiness movement in S. Georgia for many reasons but mainly because of their teaching on on tithing and the rapture of the church. They taught a post tribulation rapture and Clyde preached strongly on the pre-trib. They also did not preach tithing but Clyde believed in the Biblical principles of giving.

He did build a great church in Warner Robins, Ga. and was faithful there in that city until the Lord called him home yesterday.

I honor his memory and salute this soldier of the cross!
Acts Enthusiast
11/8/16 11:55 am

Post Obituary 2ndgeneration
http://www.mcculloughfh.com/obituary/Pastor-Clyde-E.-Johns/Warner-Robins-GA/1670022 Acts Enthusiast
11/8/16 4:25 pm

Post 2generation JLarry
The first time I heard of Clyde Johns he was teaching at a holiness church in my town. I worked with a few guys from that church. The kept telling me how good this guy was. They told me with so much excitement I decided to attend that night.

That night Clyde taught on the Rapture. That church did not and still does not believe in the Pre Trib.

The next day and for the rest of the week I heard nothing about the teacher.

Later I planted a church in my town and Clyde was one of the first Evangelist I used. I spent 20 years in N. Ga and was out of touch with Clyde, but always had great respect for this great man of God.

BTW, I grew up in the same small group of churches that Clyde grew up in but did not get to know him until after he started Evangelizing in S. Ga.

That Church was called "Holiness Baptist". Several CoG pastors in S. Ga came from the HB church. The HB church split in the 70's due to some of their strong Holiness beliefs.

If they could have kept some of those pastors who became CoG pastors, what a difference that small organization would have had.

People like:
Clyde Johns
Leroy Spivey
Wayne Swanson
Tracey Swanson
Sam Lukes wife
Very possibly Earl Paulk Sr. he grew up in the town where their Hqd's was.

I'm sure there are some I missed. Sorry for that.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/9/16 5:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic