Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

C. Peter Wagoner Passes Away (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post C. Peter Wagoner Passes Away (L) Link
http://www.charismanews.com/us/60747-apostolic-pioneer-c-peter-wagner-goes-on-to-glory
10/23/16 7:02 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Wagner's friend, Apostle Chuck Pierce, posted it on his Facebook page.

I didn't know apostles operated in the natural realm, I thought Pierce woulda sent out the news telepathically, vibrations of the spirit, or some other form of apostolic correspondence.
Acts-pert Poster
10/24/16 7:55 am

Post Really? tryingtofitin
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

I didn't know apostles operated in the natural realm, I thought Pierce woulda sent out the news telepathically, vibrations of the spirit, or some other form of apostolic correspondence.

Really? The word "gracious" will certainly never be applied to you...

Like most of us, the good Lord has a corner in glory waiting on you and its not for a cabin it's where you will be told to stand until you learn how to place nice with others...
Friendly Face
10/24/16 10:17 am

Post Hey OTCP brotherjames
Wagner had an earned doctorate from Princeton and USC and was a missionary in Bolivia for 16 years before recognizing he needed the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. Although he spoke in tongues, he became more charismatic in his later years and didn't believe you had to speak in tongues to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. John Wimber was his mentor early on and he became more involved in the Apostolic movement in his last decade or so. I disagreed with him aboit tongues and I think the emphasis on the restoration of Apostles was overdone. Nonetheless, he was a man of God who pushed the kingdom of God forward. You may disagree with some of his teachings but he did a lot of good for God and a little grace from you might be in order. Acts-celerater
10/24/16 10:50 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
tryingtofitin and brotherjames, nothin in the ole timer's post was directly related to C. Peter Wagner. Here is what I posted:

OTCP's comments was in reference to a man who calls himself a apostle---Chuck Pierce.

Could you fellers name even 3 persons who call themselves "apostle" or "prophet" who ain't just a bit fruity, nutty an flaky?
Acts-pert Poster
10/24/16 11:31 am

Post Link
The only book I read much of from Wagner was 'Spiritual gifts can make your church grow', which I think may have been written in the late '70's or early '80's, back when he was into church growth and before the 'spiritual warfare' emphasis and before the NAR stuff.

Was Wagner responsible for teaching that the way to evangelize a city is to cast out all the demons of whatever problem you see in the city?

I see some major problems with the way I saw this implemented. And GBI, the Indonesian branch of the COG, and the national conference, had plenty of it several years ago. I am not sure how much this is emphasized now, but I've heard references to this type of 'spiritual warfare prayer'-- and by prayer, they mean talking to demons real or imagined.

I don't see Jesus going into a city, naming demons after every problem in the city, and then commanding them to come out of the city. I don't see the apostles or anyone in the Bible doing it.

If you cast demons out of all those people in the city and don't evangelize them, then don't the demons come back with reinforcments and wouldn't the city would be seven times worse off in the end?

And why would flying an airplane up in the air make the rebuking worse?

Doesn't Jude warn that speaking evil of dignitaries is something that the false brethren were doing? Taken with II Peter 2, doesn't 'dignitaries' seem to include Satan and perhaps demonic entitites or principalities?
10/25/16 12:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic