Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! Quiet Wyatt
Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

There it is as plain as day. Any unmet desires we may have are only due to our not praying in faith. You will have whatsoever you say, if you believe and doubt not in your heart!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/30/16 9:06 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
And as usual, Wyatt has pulled his gospel gun and aimed his Pentecostal pistol at the at those who would misconstrue the good Book.

Ask on, claim on, believe on, receive on................ Cool
Acts-pert Poster
8/30/16 9:21 am

Post Cojak
Good scripture no doubt.
If taken at face value I see very few real Christians where I travel.

I sure cannot explain it away, but I KNOW some wonderful, dedicated Christians (Preacher's included) that the only sign following, is a dedicated life to Christ. A love that is unfettered with a clean Godly testimony.

Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/30/16 9:44 am

Post If you have real faith... roughridercog
It will shape your desires
8/30/16 8:09 pm

Post Re: If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! Ernie Long
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

There it is as plain as day. Any unmet desires we may have are only due to our not praying in faith. You will have whatsoever you say, if you believe and doubt not in your heart!

Soooo, Jesus is lying????
Acts Enthusiast
8/31/16 6:35 am

Post Re: If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Any man that doesn't bring a shovel to say that prayer does not have faith.

If God is able to use man to accomplish his purposes - he always does.
8/31/16 6:52 am

Post Re: If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! Quiet Wyatt
Ernie Long wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Ummmm...no, unless you consider hyperbole, which Jesus used quite often actually, to be lying.

Soooo, have you received everything you have ever desired in prayer believing you have received it?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/16 9:26 am

Post Re: If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! Ernie Long
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Ernie Long wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Ummmm...no, unless you consider hyperbole, which Jesus used quite often actually, to be lying.

Soooo, have you received everything you have ever desired in prayer believing you have received it?

Not everything, Cause He knows If He gave me everything that I have prayed for that I would not be able to live with the consequences. But, regardless of what you believe, he has answered more of my prayers than not and I do pray everyday... I just don't have that many mountains that need to be moved.
Acts Enthusiast
8/31/16 11:05 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
"...regardless of what you believe..." Too funny!

In any case, the reason I cited this passage was to hopefully point out to the WoFily inclined among us here that if we take their wooden, literalistic approach to Scripture consistently, we will be required to affirm that if we just have sufficient faith, we will, without fail, have what we say and obtain what we desire, no matter what it is, for that is what Jesus says.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/16 11:19 am

Post Re: If you just have real faith, you will get whatever you desire! bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

And Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23

That Jesus! What a kidder!

He should have put a lid on it, stopped exaggerating, and said, "some things are possible". He had loose lips I guess. Rolling Eyes

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/31/16 1:23 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
So, if I really believe I have received a time machine, which would basically enable me to do whatever I want while avoiding any consequences myself, I will have what I say?

Or maybe if I really believe I have received the powers of Superman, I can run faster than a speeding bullet, be more powerful than a locomotive, and be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, right? Jesus said whatever things you desire without qualification, isn't that right?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/16 1:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
For those of you who don't believe Jesus used hyperbole, do you still have both of your eyeballs in your head? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/16 4:57 pm

Post Ernie Long
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

In any case, the reason I cited this passage was to hopefully point out to the WoFily inclined among us here that if we take their wooden, literalistic approach to Scripture consistently, we will be required to affirm that if we just have sufficient faith, we will, without fail, have what we say and obtain what we desire, no matter what it is, for that is what Jesus says.

I'm not pro/con WoF, but I am pro Jesus!!! These foolish things you write about time machines and being Superman is just that... foolishness, unless of course you really believe you want to be Superman with a time machine.

What if this is the only verse you had access to from all of the Bible, would it make a difference in how you believe? Say you live in a country that doesn't have a church on every corner, Christian tv/radio, Christian bookstores, and all you have is Mark 11:23-24, would that make a difference in how you believe.
Acts Enthusiast
9/1/16 10:47 am

Post Da Sheik
Passions run high on this topic. Wyatt makes a good point about the use of hyperbole. There's a lot we could say about proper methods of interpreting the bible. Discussions about hyperbole, Hebrew idioms, figures of speech, and symbolic vs. literal interpretations. But for me it's even much simpler than that.

For me, the fundamental question to be asked is "who is in charge?". I think Jesus taught us when He prayed in the Garden. Most assuredly, He had enough faith to cause the "cup to pass. So the issue was not the faith of Jesus, it was the will of God.

Sometimes praying the "prayer of faith" means not only that you believe when you pray. It means that you trust God whatever the outcome.
Acts Enthusiast
9/1/16 11:09 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Ernie Long wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I'm not pro/con WoF, but I am pro Jesus!!! These foolish things you write about time machines and being Superman is just that... foolishness, unless of course you really believe you want to be Superman with a time machine.

What if this is the only verse you had access to from all of the Bible, would it make a difference in how you believe? Say you live in a country that doesn't have a church on every corner, Christian tv/radio, Christian bookstores, and all you have is Mark 11:23-24, would that make a difference in how you believe.

Ummm...Jesus did say "whatsoever," not me. It is good to know that even you recognize that it isn't an unqualified whatsoever, which is precisely the point I was making.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/1/16 11:36 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Jesus did say "whatsoever," not me. It is good to know that even you recognize that it isn't an unqualified whatsoever, which is precisely the point I was making.

I knowed it from the git go, Wyatt. I knowed you was not one a them woffie wobblers what tells folk they can have whatever they want. I seen the slight sarcasm son, an agreed with ya 200%.
Acts-pert Poster
9/1/16 5:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic