Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If Tim Hill is voted in as Presiding Bishop...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Kyle, I don't know about you, but I take both criticism of someone and endorsement of someone with a grain of salt if it comes from a pen name.
The other thing is Restorationman's poster history is full of praise for Tim Hill, almost to the exclusion of anyone else.
By the way, I think you should put your file number on your signature line again, what with elections coming up.

Kyle Morrow wrote:
Why is that someone can get on here start rumors, and speak negative untruths about a person, ultimately questioning their integrity, but when someone states facts about an individual in a positive light, he is accused of being a spokesperson.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/4/16 7:56 am

Post JimmieDavis
This is a waste of time. Trust me when I tell you Tim hill will be the general overseer. There is no debating this. It's already been decided. Get your red backs out and move along. Friendly Face
6/4/16 8:15 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I don't think anybody is debating that. Acts-pert Poster
6/4/16 8:33 am

Post bonnie knox
Jimmie, you know I remember that just prior to Tim Hill being elected as World Missions Director, our good poster Lee Roy Brown vowed he would run across the stage buck nekkid if Tim Hill did not become the director.
So maybe rather than telling everyone to "move along," you could just put a little skin in the game.Idea
Besides, I don't really see anyone saying that Tim Hill won't be or shouldn't be GO. But the fact of the matter is the election is in the future and not the past, so maybe you can take your Red Back and in the meantime sing, "Carry on for Tim" p. 267, "Do You Know Tim" p. 232, "Don't Turn Tim Away" p. 236. You know, just something to keep your nerves in check while you're anticipating "The Great Triumphant Morning." Cool

JimmieDavis wrote:
This is a waste of time. Trust me when I tell you Tim hill will be the general overseer. There is no debating this. It's already been decided. Get your red backs out and move along.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/4/16 8:38 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Why is that someone can get on here start rumors, and speak negative untruths about a person, ultimately questioning their integrity, but when someone states facts about an individual in a positive light, he is accused of being a spokesperson.

Are you new here, Kyle?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/4/16 10:55 am

Post A Vision, A Plan and Hard Work StandardAnswer
If TH established work on previous Executive Committee's along with the amazing progress of World Missions currently is any indicator,
the future of COG is marked with vision for unity, expansion and confidence. To tie him only to his apparent appreciation to gospel music
as this thread seems to be attempting to do whether in jest or in seriousness, is to totally miss the qualities of leadership he has brought
to every area he has been called upon to serve. He faithfully served two General Overseers on two different EC's and was appreciated for
his loyalty and level headed negotiation abilities in difficult matters. TH has the gifts and wisdom to bridge generations and cultures.
He seems to have set and met remarkable goals in World Missions, raised the money to pay for them and restructured and revitalized
the department in the middle of global economic downturn and a denominational tithe reduction. All I can say is "Whistle while you
Work," Brother Tim. Or in this case "Sing" but lead on.
6/8/16 9:00 am

Post Re: Tim Hill if elected HighFive
Restorationman wrote:
Tim Hill if elected, you would have a successful pattern of leadership which includes successful pastorates in Texas and Virginia! Also, a successful State youth director, state overseer, executive committee member, and most recently the finishing challenge and Israel initiative of World missions in which great financial stability has been realized in that department and most importantly in the lives of missionaries and missionary projects. As to his affinity to southern gospel that is a part of his heritage and our churches heritage but loves all types of music and is a successful songwriter and the last time I checked the first death in the Bible was over worship and tithe and none of it was about us! He is a proven leader and I believe would be a great blessing to our movement if elected as General Overseer!

When and where was TH a state youth director?
6/9/16 8:47 pm

Post Travis Gore
Tim Hill was State YD in Arizona from 1986-89 Newbie
6/10/16 8:40 am

Post Leadership and Vision Decision Making Ability Revised
For years and in numerous capacities, Tim Hill has demonstrated his ability to lead. The undeniable progress
of World Missions is a testimony of his ability to rally a team in spite of a difficult economy, adverse conditions,
and initially not a complete missions "family" endorsement of his directorship election due to him not being a
missionary before with known field experience. He kept a cool head, made tough decisions, raised a lot of money
by showing appreciation to the USA church as well as engaging many interdenominational connections and got out
and visited the various regions of the world. His global perspective will be a tremendous factor in his future role.
Hey, DOC
6/16/16 9:14 am

Post What if Tim Hill gets elected Restorationman
What if Tim Hill gets elected, is a proven leader with great integrity and authenticity and will lead with a pastor's heart and connect with the old and the new streams of our church! Friendly Face
6/20/16 11:00 pm

Post if Tim Hill gets elected Restorationman
Also, he's a tremendous Networker and has the ability to raise fund in and outside the church! However, that would really help to Revitalize Churches and take Church Planting to another level in my opinion. Friendly Face
6/21/16 11:04 am

Post PR Change Agent
Restoration man must be Tim Hills Public Relations man. Give him a hand, he does a fine job. Laughing

Donald Trump needs to be looking for someone like him.
Acts Enthusiast
6/21/16 2:58 pm

Post If Tim Hill gets elected Restorationman
Truth stands on it's own merit. Friendly Face
6/21/16 10:15 pm

Post ZKP
From all I read and hear...it's already happened. Member
6/28/16 5:43 pm

Post I think he'd be a good one. Aaron Scott
I like Tim Hill "alot...and that's all I'm going to say about that."

Of course, I have to admit that I have deeply appreciated every General Overseer--Williams, Culpepper, McGuire, Walker, White, etc.

I am still a bit bummed over Robert White. He was one of the visionary ones, I believe, but somehow he and some other of my favorite men of God butted heads. It was truly a Paul and Barnabas thing, I believe. That is, sincere men of God just flat-out unable to come to terms.

It hurt the church. We recovered. But I am still of the opinion that something is "owed" to Robert White, who now has likely forever passed the optimal time to again lead the COG, who clearly no longer has the connections to get preaching assignments (e.g., at campmeetings and other major events) to win GA votes, etc.

If there's anything I'm coming to understand, it is that very good and anointed men of God...are still men, still have issues and biases that can take us off the best paths, etc....but not so far that God can't keep us between the lines.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/28/16 6:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic