Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pentecost Revisited- R. Glenn Brown

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pentecost Revisited- R. Glenn Brown Resident Skeptic
http://www.amazon.com/Pentecost-Revisited-R-GLENN-BROWN/dp/1609579097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464134653&sr=8-1&keywords=pentecost+revisited

Quote:

I strongly recommend this book if you have an interest in Pentecostalism, whether classical, neo- Pentecostal, or charismatic. Chaplain Robert Glenn Brown has woven his life story into a thoughtful conversation with his native classical Pentecostal tradition in his book entitled "Pentecost Revisited." Brown writes like a true veteran of congregational and para-church life, having spent more than half of century engaged in pastoral, chaplaincy and judicatorial ministry. He reflects critically on these experiences and how his Pentecostal tradition have both empowered and disappointed him.

Brown does not fit the norm of the Pentecostal critic. It is clear he is an unabashed Pentecostal who challenges some of the primary tenets of his tradition because truth should always trump tradition. If classical Pentecostalism can recover a pristine Pentecostalism based on a faithful rereading of the Book of Acts, argues Brown, then classical Pentecostalism can be a uniting force in Christianity. The chaplain's heart and head are in the right place, and his book is must reading for the seeker of Pentecostal truth. His book has challenged me to reconsider longstanding assumptions about "initial evidence" and the gifts of the Spirit. I am glad I read this book and I encourage him to keep reflecting critically on the Pentecostal assumptions we all hold so dear

I am about half way through. Very inspirational.
5/24/16 7:08 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Is Brown Oneness? Acts-pert Poster
5/24/16 7:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Is Brown Oneness?

AoG
5/24/16 8:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic