Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump should choose Kasich, Rubio, or...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump should choose Kasich, Rubio, or... doyle
I absolutely do like Newt G. I think he would make a great VP or Pres for that matter. But if Trump wants to win, I think he has to go with either Kasich or Rubio.

No Republican has ever been elected without carrying Ohio. When he ran for Gov there, Kasich carried 83 of 86 counties. Plus, he was a major player in Congress the last time the nation balanced the budget. Clinton gets credit but it was Gingrich and Kasich who caused it to happen.

There is also the factor that whoever becomes Pres, will need to pull a solid percentage of Hispanics. Just not enough white folk around anymore to carry an election. I mention that because we are told that Trump is very strong with white men, but there are not enough of them to win.

Rubio is young, dynamic, solidly conservative and Christian. I think he would make an excellent candidate for VP. Bad blood between him and Trump can be put aside for the betterment of the country.

That's my opinion. Whachathink?

Doyle
5/20/16 9:37 am

Post UncleJD
I don't think he'll ask "Little Marco", and I doubt John Kasich would accept (though I would think that would be a good choice). I think his timing of the SCOTUS list was shrewd and he will play the VP card at an equally shrewd time, probably at a point to keep Hillary from her "bounce" once she seals the primary process.

I agree that Newt would be a bad choice because he doesn't pull in anyone that Trump doesn't already have. Palin is damaged goods and would be a poor choice. I'd hope he would get someone with more conservative credentials if he wants to unite the party, but it may be a centrist like Kasich when all is said and done.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/20/16 10:10 am

Post Cojak
I like Kasich, Rubio not so much. Again I agree JD, Newt is one of the smart dudes in the GOP, but will not add to the ticket.

Not sure who else I would select (If I was doing the selecting) I hope he has a smart committee on that one to put the list thru the mill for the best president SHOULD TRUMP BE IMPEACHED! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/20/16 4:24 pm

Post Re: Trump should choose Kasich, Rubio, or... Resident Skeptic
doyle wrote:
I absolutely do like Newt G. I think he would make a great VP or Pres for that matter. But if Trump wants to win, I think he has to go with either Kasich or Rubio.

No Republican has ever been elected without carrying Ohio. When he ran for Gov there, Kasich carried 83 of 86 counties. Plus, he was a major player in Congress the last time the nation balanced the budget. Clinton gets credit but it was Gingrich and Kasich who caused it to happen.

There is also the factor that whoever becomes Pres, will need to pull a solid percentage of Hispanics. Just not enough white folk around anymore to carry an election. I mention that because we are told that Trump is very strong with white men, but there are not enough of them to win.

Rubio is young, dynamic, solidly conservative and Christian. I think he would make an excellent candidate for VP. Bad blood between him and Trump can be put aside for the betterment of the country.

Doyle

Hispanics are white folk. They are just brainwashed into believing they are not lest the whites be unified and become an unstoppable force.

Don't start yelling at me. This is exactly how the left feels about it.
5/20/16 6:20 pm

Post Link
Rubio looked pretty bad in one of those debates, and seemed to lose a lot of steam. He and Trump didn't get along too well. I don't think Trump really likes Rubio, and Rubio wasn't very positive toward Trump having the nomination. There has got to be some Hispanic out there that he hasn't combated if he wants to pull in the Hispanic vote.

Maybe he could find a Black Hispanic handicapped woman.

He may just go with Carson, who has reconciled with him and who has come out in support of him. I don't see how that would help him much, but maybe he could push Carson around a little easier than someone like Christie, who also supported him.

Carson is probably qualified to be surgeon general.

I can't see him asking Cruz, although I wouldn't mind Cruz as a VP or even president. Cruz has a likeability problem. I think Gingrich would have a big likeability problem. Cruz comes off as a bit wooden and stern. Gingrich seems kind of smug to me.

Now that Cruz is out, if Fiorina would forgive the face comment, she might make a good 'outsider' choice, and women who might vote for Hillary because she is a woman, but don't like her for whatever reason, they might vote for a woman VP. Maybe not. It might not win him any ground with women.

Kasich seems like a very logical choice. An outsider with no political or governmental experience teamed up with an insider with experience balancing state and federal budgets, a former senator and governor. Kasich would appeal to Democrats who aren't extreme left, too. He's kind of boring, neutral, but likeable enough. I think he's the kind of guy that most people would not really hate, unlike Trump and Hillary. And some voters would say "At least if Trump dies, that other guy seems okay, and he would be president."

A Hillary-Sanders ticket might be a dream ticket-- for the Republicans.
5/20/16 6:49 pm

Post ZKP
Gingrich may not be your traditional populist outsider. He was, after all, the speaker of the House of Representatives, but Newt still maintains a perception of “outsiderness".

However, as Governor of Ohio, Kasich does bring the administrative skillset that Newt's resume is lacking. I would prefer seeing Trump going with Kasich as Vice President, and new in either State or Defence.
5/20/16 7:02 pm

Post georgiapath
Kasick has said he is not interested, he might change his mind tho, if he were asked. Acts-dicted
5/21/16 8:06 am

Post DrDuck
georgiapath wrote:
Kasick has said he is not interested, he might change his mind tho, if he were asked.

Kasick as VP nominee would make it even harder to go vote for Trump. I sure hope he does not complicate this thing with that choice.
Acts-celerater
5/21/16 8:32 am

Post Link
DrDuck wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Kasick has said he is not interested, he might change his mind tho, if he were asked.

Kasick as VP nominee would make it even harder to go vote for Trump. I sure hope he does not complicate this thing with that choice.

Well, maybe Kasich could be a bit polarizing for some conservatives, but I think he'd appeal to much of the electorate, or at least not alienate them.

But Kasich has said he isn't interested, probably on many occasions. I don't think he will be the VP nominee for that reason. These guys kind of have to go along with it for it to work out.
5/21/16 10:03 am

Post My opinion? roughridercog
Condi Rice
5/21/16 11:02 am

Post Re: My opinion? georgiapath
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

No, that ship has sailed.
Acts-dicted
5/21/16 11:26 am

Post Re: My opinion? Resident Skeptic
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

Too much in her private life that could erupt.
5/21/16 5:16 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Jeanie Pirro for VP.

Andrew Napolitano for SCOTUS.
5/21/16 5:19 pm

Post Re: Trump should choose Kasich, Rubio, or... Dean Steenburgh
doyle wrote:

Doyle

I agree!

Marco would do great as VP but I think Kasich would turn him down. However there is a very popular member of the Ohio state legislature on Trump's current short list so who knows.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/21/16 6:28 pm

Post Re: My opinion? bonnie knox
Is this based on something that can be substantiated or is this just innuendo?
(An article in the National Enquirer or a segment on Alex Jones' show doesn't count.)

Resident Skeptic wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/24/16 11:31 am

Post Re: My opinion? Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Is this based on something that can be substantiated or is this just innuendo?
(An article in the National Enquirer or a segment on Alex Jones' show doesn't count.)

Resident Skeptic wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

Like RR, I really do like Rice. She would be the BEST, but she said before she would not accept I believe.

My question also: Is this based on something that can be substantiated or is this just innuendo?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/24/16 11:37 am

Post Re: My opinion? Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

What?

And, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's personal life....... 😂😂😂
Acts-pert Poster
5/24/16 1:23 pm

Post Re: My opinion? georgiapath
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
Condi Rice

What?

And, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's personal life....... 😂😂😂

Donald and Hillary are coated in Teflon. Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
5/24/16 2:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic