Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Here are some important questions about COGHQ

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Here are some important questions about COGHQ aprilmay2.0
The situation where we were robbed has raised a lot of questions for me. Before you go all "call Cleveland" on me, I have. I went there. I asked. I asked face to face to people who have keys to the building. And I'm not satisfied with the answers, just like a lot of COG people. If Lee University can have employees like Phillip Cooke come on here and answer questions and defend Lee's practices, Why can't someone at HQ who's in charge, designate someone to answer these questions? Here's what I want to know:

How are the issues like sound, hotels, and other big ticket items negotiated for COG events like Assembly and Winterfest?

Is there an accounting of money in and out for these events?

Does any money cross or change accounts? For instance, does Assembly money help with Missions or does Winterfest money pay Salaries?

At my job, there is a cap on what I can spend before I get my direct supervisor involved. Is there a cap on HQ employees?

How sophisticated was this plan to steal? It had to be pretty intricate and complicated to pass by someone as sharp as Julian Robinson.
And have those loopholes been closed?

Im not trying to attack. I know we have good people in place at HQ, but good questions and good answers keep good relationships.

Thanks for letting me back in the Acts club.

April
Friendly Face
5/22/16 7:55 am

Post bonnie knox
Welcome back, April! Very Happy [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/22/16 8:11 am

Post Re: Here are some important questions about COGHQ Old Time Country Preacher
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
If Lee University can have employees like Phillip Cooke come on here and answer questions and defend Lee's practices, Why can't someone at HQ who's in charge, designate someone to answer these questions?

That's why I'm designated to be here, April. What would you like to know?
Acts-pert Poster
5/22/16 12:32 pm

Post sheepdogandy
How are the issues like sound, hotels, and other big ticket items negotiated for COG events like Assembly and Winterfest?

Does any money cross or change accounts? For instance, does Assembly money help with Missions or does Winterfest money pay Salaries?

At my job, there is a cap on what I can spend before I get my direct supervisor involved. Is there a cap on HQ employees?

How sophisticated was this plan to steal? It had to be pretty intricate and complicated to pass by someone as sharp as Julian Robinson.

I guess that's what he/she wants to know big guy. Laughing

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/22/16 4:51 pm

Post Re: Here are some important questions about COGHQ georgiapath
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
The situation where we were robbed has raised a lot of questions for me. Before you go all "call Cleveland" on me, I have. I went there. I asked. I asked face to face to people who have keys to the building. And I'm not satisfied with the answers, just like a lot of COG people. If Lee University can have employees like Phillip Cooke come on here and answer questions and defend Lee's practices, Why can't someone at HQ who's in charge, designate someone to answer these questions? Here's what I want to know:

Im not trying to attack. I know we have good people in place at HQ, but good questions and good answers keep good relationships.

Thanks for letting me back in the Acts club.

April

In the corporate world, heads would roll. Seems nothing happened to the people in charge. Nobody knew anything and nobody did anything about anything.

EASY COME, EASY GO
Acts-dicted
5/22/16 6:37 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
If nearly a million dollars could disappear with virtually no repercussions, it cannot be reasonably argued HQ is really hurting for money. This alone should be evidence persuasive enough to convict us of the fact that 10% of the hard-earned tithes from those who faithfully tithe to local CoGs is too much to be sending them. Reduce the ToT to 5% over a 5- or 10-year period starting now! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/22/16 11:07 pm

Post clevelandgrad
AprilMay2.0,
And here is the kicker to all your questions, many are wanting to put these same people who were around when this happened back in charge?!

I'm thinking we should use the corporate model on this. Those who were around when this happened should be banned from Cleveland. Some might say that I am being too harsh but if it were our Bank that had this happen, we would want the president of that bank to be fired.

Great questions AprilMay2.0.
5/23/16 7:55 am

Post Cojak
Forgiveness is a Christian priority.

However forgiveness does not mean ignorance. Where money is concerned the word is accountability. It was in my home and in my business, still is.

Like it or not, HQ and church leadership must be run business like. We see it every year in the religious world, money, access to money without accountability, 'corrupts'! Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/23/16 10:15 am

Post Da Sheik
Cojak wrote:
Forgiveness is a Christian priority.

However forgiveness does not mean ignorance. Where money is concerned the word is accountability. It was in my home and in my business, still is.

Like it or not, HQ and church leadership must be run business like. We see it every year in the religious world, money, access to money without accountability, 'corrupts'! Sad

Exactly ! Thumb Up
Acts Enthusiast
5/24/16 8:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic