Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Glory Cloud, Gold Dust, Diamonds from Heaven All Caught on Camera (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Patrick Harris
People being saved, set free from addictions, healed of incurable diseases those are signs and miracles to follow. Those are things an unbelieving world can tell is from God.

Gold dust, Angel feathers, and diamonds are not. Again not Biblical and not a sign to an believing world. The unbelieving world will dismiss these things as trickery.
Acts Enthusiast
5/14/16 8:08 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Brotherjames,

Healthy skepticism by Pentecostal people of purported miracles, especially 'miracles' that have zero support in Scripture, is by no means cessationism nor atheistic humanism. Not everything that is claimed to be a miracle from God is in fact a miracle from God. Scriptural discernment is essential, lest we believe everything that is claimed to be from God.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/14/16 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/14/16 8:27 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
In the Word (and today), the purpose of miracles was to bring glory to God. To draw people to Himself through supernatural means...a blind man receiving his sight or a demoniac set free by the power of God were things that brought glory to God and could not be explained by anything else.

Gold dust and diamonds seem, in comparison, silly and IMHO, they seem to draw attention AWAY from God and towards our selfish desires. Did the people in the gold dust services go away talking about how God touched them and drew them to Himself or were they talking about gold dust?

God can do anything He wants, in any way He wants, and it doesn't always make sense. But it seems to me that if this was truly of God, it would draw people to HIM rather than drawing attention to the minister and the "manifestation."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/14/16 8:40 pm

Post I'm trying to fiinsh brotherjames
my sermon for tomorrow, Pentecost. A healthy dose of skepticism - as OT might say tryin' the Spirit, is ok. But I was just watching some old videos of AA Allen, Kathryn Kuhlman, Lester Sumrall and Smith Wigglesworth. I am a student of church history and all these people and many more were criticized and sometimes with good reason. Wigglesworth would be booted out of most of our churches today. But you know what bothers me? I am more ashamed of the church and its pastors than I have ever been. We are so worried about a little wild fire and we major on it and we are unable to see God baptize our congregations in the Holy Spirit, why? Mostly because we don't want it or allow for the moving of the SPirit. But also, because of attitudes of suspicion and we attack what we don't know. We are as guilty of quenching the Spirit as any Baptist. I heard a preacher once teach for 12 weeks on the gifts of the Spirit and when he was done no one responded to his altar call to receive the Holy Spirit. Want to know why? because for 12 weeks he spoke on the abuses and errors people had committed while exhibiting them. It was all negative. No wonder the church is without power. I'm not saying have heresy but My goodness could we at least say we don't know it all and be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit? And then if it's not God, say so. Be courageous enough to miss it from time to time and say you know I don't think that Word, that manifestation was in order and teach the church in the positiive instead of being so jusgemental there is no room for God in our churches. I"m done. Acts-celerater
5/14/16 9:16 pm

Post Re: I'm trying to fiinsh Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
A healthy dose of skepticism - as OT might say tryin' the Spirit, is ok...I'm not saying have heresy but My goodness could we at least say we don't know it all and be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit? And then if it's not God, say so. Be courageous enough to miss it from time to time.

I love the "moving of the Holy Spirit." When the Holy Spirit ministers among his people--whether collectively or even when one is alone--it is such an intimate experience of communion and edification. I for one would never endeavor to hinder or limit such manifestations. That said, the biblical text (e.g., 1 John 4:1; et al) does not allow one to approach worship/ministry with the mindset that it is acceptable to intentionally "miss it from time to time." The minister is given a mandate to "discern the spirits."
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/16 12:36 am

Post Re: I'm trying to fiinsh Patrick Harris
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
brotherjames wrote:
A healthy dose of skepticism - as OT might say tryin' the Spirit, is ok...I'm not saying have heresy but My goodness could we at least say we don't know it all and be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit? And then if it's not God, say so. Be courageous enough to miss it from time to time.

I love the "moving of the Holy Spirit." When the Holy Spirit ministers among his people--whether collectively or even when one is alone--it is such an intimate experience of communion and edification. I for one would never endeavor to hinder or limit such manifestations. That said, the biblical text (e.g., 1 John 4:1; et al) does not allow one to approach worship/ministry with the mindset that it is acceptable to intentionally "miss it from time to time." The minister is given a mandate to "discern the spirits."

It's the "miss it now and then" attitude that gives rise to the so-called "prophetic voices" that swindle and lie to people today.
Acts Enthusiast
5/15/16 1:04 pm

Post Re: In 1748 a Scottish philospher bonnie knox
Tom Sterbens wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Your skepticism on some of these things is beginning to sound like Hume. You're not from Scotland are you?

Not long ago OTCP wrote that he kilt somethin'.
Does that count?

Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/15/16 1:33 pm

Post Re: I'm trying to fiinsh Old Time Country Preacher
Patrick Harris wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

It's the "miss it now and then" attitude that gives rise to the so-called "prophetic voices" that swindle and lie to people today.

Yes it is, Patrick, such an approach is an open door for error.
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/16 2:16 pm

Post Re: In 1748 a Scottish philospher Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Your skepticism on some of these things is beginning to sound like Hume. You're not from Scotland are you?

Not long ago OTCP wrote that he kilt somethin'.
Does that count?

Laughing

OK, Tom & Miss Bonnie, yall actin kinda snarky tward he ole timer here. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/16 2:17 pm

Post "Miss it now and then" brotherjames
You are kidding me right? I don't know anyone besides Jesus whow ever got it right 100% of time. By you guys standard no words would ever be given. No manifestations would ever be allowed to occur. You probably agreed with Dr. Opal Reddin of Central Bible College who created a Web page against the Brownsville Revival (she was a professor at the AG college) an AG church. She complained about the falling and the girls that were manifesting shaking for hours. In the meantime, two million people visited Brownsville over 5 years, several hundred thousand were saved and rededicated to Jesus and many thousands were healed and millions were encouraged. But you guys would have never let it happen in the first place. I feel sorry for all you Scottish people made in David Hume's image. Acts-celerater
5/15/16 4:03 pm

Post Re: "Miss it now and then" Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
You are kidding me right? I don't know anyone besides Jesus whow ever got it right 100% of time. By you guys standard no words would ever be given. No manifestations would ever be allowed to occur. You probably agreed with Dr. Opal Reddin of Central Bible College who created a Web page against the Brownsville Revival (she was a professor at the AG college) an AG church. She complained about the falling and the girls that were manifesting shaking for hours. In the meantime, two million people visited Brownsville over 5 years, several hundred thousand were saved and rededicated to Jesus and many thousands were healed and millions were encouraged. But you guys would have never let it happen in the first place. I feel sorry for all you Scottish people made in David Hume's image.

BJ, a brief retort in bullet format!

* No, OTCP is not kidding!

* The AG has a position paper on its website assessing true revival, which would be good to read. http://ag.org/top/beliefs/Position_Papers/pp_downloads/pp_endtime_revival.pdf

* The mark of a genuine prophet in the OT was that the prophet was never wrong, the prophet was right 100% of the time. Should there be any less required of NT prophets upon whom the Holy Spirit resides?

* If manifestations are not Spirit-led, they should not be allowed. Pentecost is not a circus, nor is it a free-for-all.
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/16 5:55 pm

Post Smh BishopsWife
Gold dust, angel feathers, diamonds and gold teeth. Bill Johhson, Todd Bentley ... What has happened to DISCERNMENT? Good grief, get back to the gospel of Jesus Christ .. Rolling Eyes Acts Enthusiast
5/22/16 3:13 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I was there OT and heres proof it was an amplifier exploding and burning;

Oh wait a minute , that one was at Camp meeting..
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/22/16 3:47 pm

Post My opinion? roughridercog
Show me the gold dust, etc in the Word and I will believe. Again please look at the videos and note that in these cases, they are coupled with lighting for effect.
I'd rather see the place shook where they were praying rather than duplicate special effects that aren't in the Word.

Guess that makes me dogmatic.

A little dogma is good for you. Laughing
5/22/16 5:41 pm

Post Glory cloud, etc BishopsWife
Jesus himself warned that a corrupt generation, a deceptive generation, seeks after signs and wonders ... angel feathers, diamonds, precious gems (Patricia King used sapphires), gold dust from heaven and all of that, it's absolute deception. It's really almost comical that anyone would believe this garbage. Oh yes, and the trips back and forth to heaven?? It seems so many use the word "anointed" so loosely .. Rolling Eyes Todd Bentley was NOT anointed! Acts Enthusiast
5/23/16 7:45 am

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Brotherjames,

Healthy skepticism by Pentecostal people of purported miracles, especially 'miracles' that have zero support in Scripture, is by no means cessationism nor atheistic humanism. Not everything that is claimed to be a miracle from God is in fact a miracle from God. Scriptural discernment is essential, lest we believe everything that is claimed to be from God.

Logical comment QW Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/23/16 10:26 am

Post I know that the gifts of the spirit brotherjames
Are in a marked decline in so called pentecostal churches but has anyone ever been used in the gift of discerning of spirits? If the church was operating as it was supposed to, you would be able to know whether manifestations et al were of God, of the devil or manufactured by the human spirit/flesh. And this question of gold dust etc being of God or not would be moot and unnecessary but since no one seems to operate that way anymore we have this thread and others questioning manifestations. Trying to judge spiritual things using man's rationale and reason rather than using His Spirit to judge so-called spiritual things. Judging, trying the spirits is fine, even called for and necessary but by what are you judging them? Being found as a precedent in the Word doesn't mean that God couldn't do something new and different. Tongues weren't in the Old Testament but now we accept them as valid manifestations. Just sayin' Acts-celerater
5/23/16 11:09 am

Post Re: Glory cloud, etc Old Time Country Preacher
BishopsWife wrote:
Jesus himself warned that a corrupt generation, a deceptive generation, seeks after signs and wonders ... angel feathers, diamonds, precious gems (Patricia King used sapphires), gold dust from heaven and all of that, it's absolute deception. It's really almost comical that anyone would believe this garbage. Oh yes, and the trips back and forth to heaven?? It seems so many use the word "anointed" so loosely .. Rolling Eyes Todd Bentley was NOT anointed!

Not even OTCP coulda said it better...........
Acts-pert Poster
5/23/16 12:03 pm

Post Bishops Wife is wrong brotherjames
Todd Bentley WAS anointed. God used him in significant ways - I witnessed it personally in my church and other places. I testify unequivocally he WAS anointed. I hated his arrogance as he was promoted beyond his ability to deal with it. Which goes to what I said earlier about putting novices in places they shouldn't be. It led to his fall. His pride and and the flattery of people and other stuff filled head and led to his downfall which was unfortunate but deserved. But he was used of God for a fact which is how he got presumptuous and prideful. Acts-celerater
5/23/16 1:30 pm

Post Re: Bishops Wife is wrong Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Todd Bentley WAS anointed.

Not shore why this don't surprise me comin from a Bill Johnson fan. Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
5/23/16 2:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic