Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dream Interpretation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dream Interpretation? Link
Do any of you ever interpret dreams? I believe God can speak to use through dreams. Some people try to interpret their own dreams. I believe we can if God gives us wisdom to do so.

Here is a dream I heard recently:

I know a couple. The husband is not sure if it will pan out, but he may be doing what might be considered pastoral ministry in a few months. He's a Bible teacher type, calm, not the loud pulpit pounding type. The wife is an intercessor, prophesies, and gets words of knowledge, and can be very evangelistic at times.

The wife shared a dream she had. In the dream, she saw a bear come at the husband. He picked it up by it's forearms, picked the bear up over his head, and slammed it down on the ground, killing it. Then the woman saw some kind of black animal, maybe reptilian or something like that. It wasn't an animal she'd seen in real life. It's head was shaped a bit like a fish and it had sharp teeth. It tried to bite her feet, but she evaded it.

Does anyone feel they have the wisdom to interpret it?
5/20/16 7:01 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Acts-pert Poster
5/20/16 7:09 pm

Post This interpretation is NOT "thus saith the Lord" bonnie knox
This is just from Bonnie's imagination.

The man is Link and the woman is his wife. The wife is working out her apprehensions about all the changes that will be transpiring in the next little while. The bear represents the obstacles and challenges that Link will face, but his wife is confident that he can meet them well and overcome them. She has uncertainty about what her own challenges and obstacles will be (thus the animal she doesn't recognize), but she sees herself meeting them and overcome them as well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 9:47 am

Post Re: This interpretation is NOT "thus saith the Lord" Link
bonnie knox wrote:

The man is Link and the woman is his wife. The wife is working out her apprehensions about all the changes that will be transpiring in the next little while. The bear represents the obstacles and challenges that Link will face, but his wife is confident that he can meet them well and overcome them. She has uncertainty about what her own challenges and obstacles will be (thus the animal she doesn't recognize), but she sees herself meeting them and overcome them as well.

So you think they dreamed about us?

I notice your dream interpretation is a psychological approach rather than a spiritual approach. The woman who had the dream seemed to think it was from the Lord.
5/21/16 10:00 am

Post Re: Dream Interpretation? Carolyn Smith
Link wrote:
Do any of you ever interpret dreams? I believe God can speak to use through dreams. Some people try to interpret their own dreams. I believe we can if God gives us wisdom to do so.

Here is a dream I heard recently:

I know a couple. The husband is not sure if it will pan out, but he may be doing what might be considered pastoral ministry in a few months. He's a Bible teacher type, calm, not the loud pulpit pounding type. The wife is an intercessor, prophesies, and gets words of knowledge, and can be very evangelistic at times.

The wife shared a dream she had. In the dream, she saw a bear come at the husband. He picked it up by it's forearms, picked the bear up over his head, and slammed it down on the ground, killing it. Then the woman saw some kind of black animal, maybe reptilian or something like that. It wasn't an animal she'd seen in real life. It's head was shaped a bit like a fish and it had sharp teeth. It tried to bite her feet, but she evaded it.

Does anyone feel they have the wisdom to interpret it?

I'd say the dream means they will both come under spiritual attack but they will both overcome it. His attack may come through natural means but he will be able to overcome it through spiritual power. Her attack is demonic, but more of an annoyance and distraction that a serious attack.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/21/16 10:37 am

Well since you interpreters is operatin in interpretation, what does this mean? The other night I dreamed me an momma got in a little fuss, I mean we was spiritually discussin a matter. All at once the mailman stopped a left a letter in the mailbox. It contained two coupons fer a free hot fudge cake at Shoneys.

What doth this mean?
Acts-pert Poster
5/21/16 1:53 pm

Post Re: This interpretation is NOT "thus saith the Lord" bonnie knox
I didn't say the dream wasn't from the Lord; I just said my interpretation was not a divine interpretation.
But maybe the woman who had the dream can pray about my interpretation and see what the Lord says to her about it.

Link wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

So you think they dreamed about us?

I notice your dream interpretation is a psychological approach rather than a spiritual approach. The woman who had the dream seemed to think it was from the Lord.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 2:24 pm

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, that's easy. The Lord has good things in store for you. You and "momma" will be the head and not the tail; whatever you do will prosper. You will be blessed and will prosper and be in good health even as your soul prospers. Moreover, I say unto you, you will endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Wink

Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Well since you interpreters is operatin in interpretation, what does this mean? The other night I dreamed me an momma got in a little fuss, I mean we was spiritually discussin a matter. All at once the mailman stopped a left a letter in the mailbox. It contained two coupons fer a free hot fudge cake at Shoneys.

What doth this mean?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 2:30 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Ole Timer, that's easy. The Lord has good things in store for you. You and "momma" will be the head and not the tail; whatever you do will prosper. You will be blessed and will prosper and be in good health even as your soul prospers. Moreover, I say unto you, you will endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Wink

What doth this mean?

My gootness, Miss Bonnie, with all at good bein interpreted I feel somewhat like Jehosherfat when the king of the northern kingdom had all these prophets come out an they was all prophesyin prosperity, peace an victory. Johosherfat knowed they was just a bunch a word a faith false prophets an he said, "Is there not a prophet of the Lord of whom we may enquire?"

Course, I know you was joshin an all.
Acts-pert Poster
5/21/16 3:06 pm

Post Oops, just got a "blood moon" interpretation of the dream bonnie knox
Now in the dream, the man killed a bear, and who do we know killed a bear? DANIEL Boone! Now in the dream, the man grabbed the bear by the FOREarms, so we go to chapter FOUR of DANIEL.
Sure enough, Daniel chapter four is about a dream. Now the dream mentioned forearms, and I looked for arms in the chapter and failed to find it. Then I realized arm is the first part of army, and sure enough army is in verse 35 of chapter 4. That verse says 'none can stay his hand,' which means that nothing will stop this man from killing the bear. However, notice that in verse 19, Daniel was astonied for an hour and had thoughts that troubled him. Besides his reactions to Bonnie's interpretation, which the man found very troubling, an incident from 2 Kings 13:18-19 kept coming to his mind. He wondered if perhaps he should have body slammed the bear several times instead of just once.
Also I'd be careful about which tree to saw down since verse 20 speaks of 'the tree that thou sawest.'

Smile
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 3:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Furthermore, the prophet that WAS from the Lord first prophesied that Word of Faith stuff because he knew that was what the king wanted to hear. Micaiah was the prophet. Only when the king demanded the truth did Micaiah tell him the truth. Interesting story.

bonnie knox wrote:

What doth this mean?

My gootness, Miss Bonnie, with all at good bein interpreted I feel somewhat like Jehosherfat when the king of the northern kingdom had all these prophets come out an they was all prophesyin prosperity, peace an victory. Johosherfat knowed they was just a bunch a word a faith false prophets an he said, "Is there not a prophet of the Lord of whom we may enquire?"

Course, I know you was joshin an all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 3:23 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Furthermore, the prophet that WAS from the Lord first prophesied that Word of Faith stuff because he knew that was what the king wanted to hear. Micaiah was the prophet. Only when the king demanded the truth did Micaiah tell him the truth. Interesting story.

Ats what ya call Split-Second-Salvation, Miss Bonnie.

Ole Micaiah, at first, was prosephyin what was popular, an what everbody else was prophesyin. He had been watchin all the profits on JBN (Jerusalem Broadcastin Network). But right in the middle of his prophesyin he got convicted, renounced WOF prophecy, an hit the straight/narrow trail.
Acts-pert Poster
5/21/16 5:15 pm

Post Re: Oops, just got a "blood moon" interpretation of the dream Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Now in the dream, the man killed a bear, and who do we know killed a bear? DANIEL Boone! Now in the dream, the man grabbed the bear by the FOREarms, so we go to chapter FOUR of DANIEL.
Sure enough, Daniel chapter four is about a dream. Now the dream mentioned forearms, and I looked for arms in the chapter and failed to find it. Then I realized arm is the first part of army, and sure enough army is in verse 35 of chapter 4. That verse says 'none can stay his hand,' which means that nothing will stop this man from killing the bear. However, notice that in verse 19, Daniel was astonied for an hour and had thoughts that troubled him. Besides his reactions to Bonnie's interpretation, which the man found very troubling, an incident from 2 Kings 13:18-19 kept coming to his mind. He wondered if perhaps he should have body slammed the bear several times instead of just once.
Also I'd be careful about which tree to saw down since verse 20 speaks of 'the tree that thou sawest.'

Smile

Now ats why I call ole time interpretation...........
Acts-pert Poster
5/21/16 5:17 pm

Post JLarry
I'd say she may have had pizza for supper.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/21/16 6:40 pm

Post bonnie knox

Ole Micaiah, at first, was prosephyin what was popular, an what everbody else was prophesyin. He had been watchin all the profits on JBN (Jerusalem Broadcastin Network). But right in the middle of his prophesyin he got convicted, renounced WOF prophecy, an hit the straight/narrow trail.

I think he knew what he was doing when he prophesied what everybody else was saying; in other words, I think he was being snarky!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/16 7:43 pm

Post DrDuck
JLarry wrote:
I'd say she may have had pizza for supper.

Goes along with my first thought. I thought she needed an Alka Seltzer.
Acts-celerater
5/21/16 7:47 pm

bonnie knox wrote:

I think he knew what he was doing when he prophesied what everybody else was saying; in other words, I think he was being snarky!

I betcha Tom thinks the same thing. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
5/21/16 10:41 pm

Post Link
I'd like to comment on the responses to the thread.

Elihu, Job's youngest comforter in the story, and the one who seems to get things right, told of how God warns men in visions of the night. Peter said that your old men will dream dreams. Isn't it normal for Christians to expect that God will at times give believers dreams from him?

There are some passages that warn against false prophets prophesying and telling their dreams. These things need to be consistent with 'the law and the testimony.' Dreams can come from the flesh as well as from the LORD. But I never seen dreams attributed to food (pizza) in the Bible. I wonder why Pentecostals would jump to that. This dream seemed fairly straightforward, and just hearing it it sounded like the type of dream that could be revelatory. Sometimes, I'll have dreams that I am pretty sure are from the Lord, and sometimes the interpretation will be straightforward, and sometimes a bit more complicated. Other dreams, I don't these sense that they are from the Lord, and others I'm not so sure about.

I took Bonnie's interpretation to be a psychological approach because her interpretation had to do with how the dreamer felt about him or her self. I don't care anything for the psychological approach to dream interpretation which involves an individual working through his own thoughts. IMO, if a dream is really about that, it may not deserve much thought. But if a dream is from the Lord, we should consider what it has to say.
5/22/16 8:56 am

Post Patrick Harris
Link wrote:
Dreams can come from the flesh as well as from the LORD. But I never seen dreams attributed to food (pizza) in the Bible. I wonder why Pentecostals would jump to that.

It's called humor, in the 30 plus years I've been in the Pentecostal church I'd said it's pretty common to hear someone mention "Quit eating food or pizza late in evening" when someone mentions having a dream they believe needs interpreting.
Acts Enthusiast
5/22/16 12:14 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Link wrote:
I'd like to comment on the responses to the thread.

Elihu, Job's youngest comforter in the story, and the one who seems to get things right, told of how God warns men in visions of the night. Peter said that your old men will dream dreams. Isn't it normal for Christians to expect that God will at times give believers dreams from him?

There are some passages that warn against false prophets prophesying and telling their dreams. These things need to be consistent with 'the law and the testimony.' Dreams can come from the flesh as well as from the LORD. But I never seen dreams attributed to food (pizza) in the Bible. I wonder why Pentecostals would jump to that. This dream seemed fairly straightforward, and just hearing it it sounded like the type of dream that could be revelatory. Sometimes, I'll have dreams that I am pretty sure are from the Lord, and sometimes the interpretation will be straightforward, and sometimes a bit more complicated. Other dreams, I don't these sense that they are from the Lord, and others I'm not so sure about.

I took Bonnie's interpretation to be a psychological approach because her interpretation had to do with how the dreamer felt about him or her self. I don't care anything for the psychological approach to dream interpretation which involves an individual working through his own thoughts. IMO, if a dream is really about that, it may not deserve much thought. But if a dream is from the Lord, we should consider what it has to say.

There are some "pizza dreams" and flakes, but at times (not all the time) God can speak to us through our dreams...if we're listening.

Apparently, everything's a big joke here, Link.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/22/16 1:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic