Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I Once worked for the Charlotte Observer, I am sure glad I changed careers.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I Once worked for the Charlotte Observer, I am sure glad I changed careers. Cojak
In 1957 I worked for the Observer for two weeks. This is the paper that dogged Jim BAkker until they assisted in sinking him (with his help) Now they proudly tell girls to get used to the new norm, you will see penises in the girls room, get over it.

Get Over It, Girls: Charlotte Observer Says To Get Used To Male Genitalia
by DEANNA FISHER on MAY 20, 2016

The Charlotte Observer published an op-ed on May 13th that is now making its way around the internet. Pleased with the administration’s new edict about transgendered bathrooms, and scorning the law in North Carolina that caused such a political ruckus, the paper decided to tell women and girls to get used to the new normal.

Charlotte Observer: Get over it, girls, seeing penises isn’t so bad. And if you don’t like it, you are against equality and no better than a Jim Crow segregationist. (The comparison offended Clarence Henderson, chairman of the North Carolina Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission, who lived through Jim Crow and participated in the civil rights movement.)

This makes an old man very sick on his stomach, and this is Charlotte, the town that proudly hosted nd highly touted the NC COG Campmeeting.

SAD!
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/20/16 4:10 pm

Post Link
The Internet may not be the only reason these papers are dying. The garbage they put out isn't much better than some of the sensational web pages with 'news' on them posted to make money off of ads.
5/20/16 5:07 pm

Post Re: I Once worked for the Charlotte Observer, I am sure glad I changed careers. Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
In 1957 I worked for the Observer for two weeks. This is the paper that dogged Jim BAkker until they assisted in sinking him (with his help) Now they proudly tell girls to get used to the new norm, you will see penises in the girls room, get over it.

Get Over It, Girls: Charlotte Observer Says To Get Used To Male Genitalia
by DEANNA FISHER on MAY 20, 2016

The Charlotte Observer published an op-ed on May 13th that is now making its way around the internet. Pleased with the administration’s new edict about transgendered bathrooms, and scorning the law in North Carolina that caused such a political ruckus, the paper decided to tell women and girls to get used to the new normal.

Charlotte Observer: Get over it, girls, seeing penises isn’t so bad. And if you don’t like it, you are against equality and no better than a Jim Crow segregationist. (The comparison offended Clarence Henderson, chairman of the North Carolina Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission, who lived through Jim Crow and participated in the civil rights movement.)

This makes an old man very sick on his stomach, and this is Charlotte, the town that proudly hosted nd highly touted the NC COG Campmeeting.

SAD!
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Jimmy Swaggart gave them plenty of help in sinking Bakker.
5/20/16 5:20 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Here's a link...

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/729763

Not withstanding Jimmy Swaggart's help in the Christian market, The Charlotte Observer was very persistent in doing all it could to assist in the demise of PTL for many years. PTL was in its back yard and was strongly disliked by the Charlotte media. Cojak is not wrong in his assessment.

The transgender bathroom thing has gotten totally out of hand here. It's absolutely ridiculous all the press it's getting. I don't understand why liberals can't understand the chaos it would create to put boys in a girls locker room. Seriously!!! Have they lost their minds?

I've been thinking for several days about writing something about it. Perhaps it's time.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/20/16 5:58 pm

Post bonnie knox
Cojak, it seems like some folks have lost their mind. How will they explain that if a guy in a park exposes himself, he is a law breaker and sex offender, but if he is in the girls' locker room he is A-OK?
From the clips I've listened to of our Governor Pat McCrory, he has done a good job explaining that HB2 is about protecting privacy. Good for him. Bad for Charlotte (their ordinance is what started this whole issue for NC) and bad for the Charlotte Observer for taking leave of their senses.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/20/16 6:51 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Charlotte Observer was a thorn in Jim Bakker's side. I lived near there and many times they would bring things back up again that had already been settled. I know Jim Bakker did wrong and he admitted it and wrote a book about it (Ihave 2 copies). If they had left him alone, he would have finished everything he started. In no way am I condoning all the wrong he did but I feel he has repented and doing pretty good. I don't agree with everything he says now but I thank God for restoration. I guess the hardest thing for him was when Tammy Faye left him while he was in prison. But God has given him a beautiful supporting wife.
I was very saddened in Jimmy Swaggart's remarks concerning Jim B but his empire came tumbling down not long after (2 times). I feel like he has been restored but will probably never admit he did anything wrong to Jim B. I personally don't think JS will take correction from anyone but Jim did. I remember when he said Billy Graham visited him in prison and BG hugged him and had a great visit. BG and Franklin helped Jim when he got out of prison. That made me appreciate the Grahams even more. That is the way the Body of Christ should work.
Just my opinion..
Friendly Face
5/20/16 8:57 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
I know Jim Bakker did wrong and he admitted it........I feel he has repented and doing pretty good.

Yep, ole Jim is bein blessed in Branson. Just the other day me an momma bought some a them freeze dried hot fudge cakes just in case we go through the tribulation. Even got us a generator an some flashlights to make shore we could see what we was eatin.
Acts-pert Poster
5/20/16 10:02 pm

Post Cojak
The idea that the Observer would publish such a CRUDE piece shocked me. I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but the logic of this, especially in reference to Bonnie's comment, is absolutely a foul ball.

Common sense is not so common anymore.

In reference to Jim BAkker. I know not what he is doing today, but at one time he was a dreamer and able to put the dreams in place. He more than publicly apologized and repented. Since I do not follow Jim's ministry anymore, I have no rocks to throw.

God is good and Heaven will be wonderful. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/20/16 10:50 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
The man that pushed the "bathroom bill" ordinance that was approved in Charlotte is a registered sex offender. Kinda tells me there is more to the story.

If you've never read Jim's book, "I Was Wrong"...you should. Excellent book, especially for preachers.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/20/16 11:51 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Bonnie, I have read it probably twice and it is good. I remember his saying that God spoke to him and told him that if he didn't forgive everyone, he would never get out of prison. I am sure that was very hard as a lot of people left him when he got in trouble. I guess that meant he had to forgive Charlotte O too. Even forgive Tammy Faye and Roe Messner. Prayed a many prayer for him especially when he collapsed during his trial. It broke my heart.
I hope he is not right on the tribulation time frame. I know COG believes in pre-trib. I watch him probably once a week on his TV program. I noticed the other day, he had a former COG preacher on there (David Lankford) and he was now post trib.
I am glad God has restored him. I don't financilly support him or have never bought any of his stuff that he promotes. That is his business - I leave it alone. I believe he is sincere.

Carolyn Smith wrote:
The man that pushed the "bathroom bill" ordinance that was approved in Charlotte is a registered sex offender. Kinda tells me there is more to the story.

If you've never read Jim's book, "I Was Wrong"...you should. Excellent book, especially for preachers.
Friendly Face
5/21/16 9:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic