Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Stabilizing your life

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Stabilizing your life bradfreeman
STABILIZING YOUR LIFE

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:5-8

Your Father "gives to all generously".
He gives "without reproach" or without finding fault.

So the question is never: Will God give me help?
The question is only: Do I believe His generosity?

Your Father is kind "to ungrateful and evil men". Luke 6:35
He generously gives to everyone who asks in faith...period.

Faith is being single-minded
...with your heart stable and at rest in His generosity.

Doubt is being double-minded.

Double-minded means you have 2 minds:
Sometimes you have a mind set on the FLESH - you feel like maybe He is only kind and generous to good people OR maybe He is not kind and generous because my circumstances are telling me I'm in need.
Sometimes you have a mind set on the SPIRIT - you believe the Truth that He is good and generous and freely gives us all things in Christ.

The double-minded man is unstable and moves back and forth between these 2 minds.

He wants to produce the fruit of His stability in you.

Faith and stability comes by hearing the Good News of what Christ did for us. Center your thoughts on that Good News and let it settle your heart down and cause your heart to rest in His love.

Stabilize your heart by REFUSING to keep hearing the message that He is only kind to the good, the wise, the strong, the godly, the grateful or the noble.

Stabilize your heart by hearing the message that God loved you, generously gave His best to you and reconciled you to Himself before you ever knew Him.

Stabilize your heart by hearing the message that God chose the weak, the foolish, the ignoble and the ungodly and His grace and strength are perfected in our weakness.

Stabilize your heart by hearing the message that we are in Christ and that Christ is our wisdom, our righteousness, our holiness and our life.

Stabilize your heart by hearing the message that God's kindness and generosity have NEVER been conditioned on your performance, only your ability to believe that He is freely giving us all things.

Stabilize your heart by believing God loves His enemies, blesses those who curse Him and sends the sun and rain on everyone.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
5/19/16 7:37 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic