Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What About the "Old Blood" in COG Leadership? Remember Moses?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What About the "Old Blood" in COG Leadership? Remember Moses? Old Time Country Preacher
Yep, ole Moses was over 80 years a age when he led the Young'uns of Israel cross the Red Sea. True, he had a little help from some a the young bucks along the way, like when they held up his arms till the battle was won, but don't count the ole time country preachers out just yet........... Acts-pert Poster
5/17/16 6:09 pm

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, I was about to propose a toast to the old guys... ...then I remembered I'm Church of God and don't drink. And then I started wondering about old versus new and old versus young. So I'm sitting here scratching my head and trying to figure out if "new" blood is "young" blood or just different blood, or to word it differently is "old" blood "aged" blood or just "the same old" blood? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/18/16 8:10 am

Post Da Sheik
We need both. We just need less of both in needless executive/administrative capacities. Trim the fat, invert the pyramid, and bless the old and the new! Acts Enthusiast
5/18/16 9:33 am

Post diakoneo
Da Sheik wrote:
We need both. We just need less of both in needless executive/administrative capacities. Trim the fat, invert the pyramid, and bless the old and the new!

Yes, a nice mix is what we need, but we definitely have too many.

I suppose if it was your time to be in, you wouldn't think so though?? Wink
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/18/16 10:37 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Da Sheik wrote:
invert the pyramid, and bless the old and the new!

When Lamar Vest wrote the booklet, Charting the Course, he placed the "invert the pyramid" concept in it, and even had a chart to illustrate it. I always liked the concept.
Acts-pert Poster
5/18/16 12:50 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Plenty of old blood to go around already.

Let's cap the top age at 45 this time(which I realize cuts out anyone who posts on Acts)

But the golden age of Conn, Hughes, etc... started when they were all elected in their 30s.

Of course they didn't pass the baton on when they got older(I digress) - but the vitality and can do spirit caught on with the denomination at that time.

Need to do it again.
5/18/16 2:10 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:
invert the pyramid, and bless the old and the new!

When Lamar Vest wrote the booklet, Charting the Course, he placed the "invert the pyramid" concept in it, and even had a chart to illustrate it. I always liked the concept.

Can't have it both ways Ol Timer. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/18/16 2:33 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Da Sheik wrote:
We need both. We just need less of both in needless executive/administrative capacities. Trim the fat, invert the pyramid, and bless the old and the new!

The fat won't ever be trimmed without the calories (money) being cut. It's like saying, "I want to lose weight! I NEED to lose weight! This excess weight is slowing me down and will kill me eventually if I don't shed it!" And then never doing what it takes to actually lose weight (restricting calories and exercising more).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/18/16 2:44 pm

Post DrDuck
I get quite some high degree of amusement reading comments from those who seem to think there is something wrong with getting older. Almost sounds like they think they won't.

There are still plenty around who are well over 45 and, by any reasonable standard one might apply, could and would perform as well or better in any given elected position and those who have been there. And this is not to imply that I think that by far most of them have not done outstanding service in their assigned places.
Acts-celerater
5/18/16 4:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic