Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you take time to encourage your

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you take time to encourage your Ernie Long
people to give tithes and offerings at some time during service or do you have boxes located in the in the sanctuary?

How do you receive tithes and offerings in your church?

I take time during the worship service and make it a part of worship for the people to give.
Acts Enthusiast
5/2/16 2:07 pm

Post Da Sheik
We have ushers who receive the offering in plates and then leaders receive the plates up front and pray asking God to receive the offering and bless it. It is a part of our worship service. That's just how we do it. We don't make lengthy appeals however. It is noted in the bulletin and is part of the service after the sermon. Others have joked that we should receive the offering prior to my sermon Embarassed

We have a nice welcome packet for first-time guests with a perforated contact sheet they can tear off and place in the offering plate for follow-up if they so choose.
Acts Enthusiast
5/2/16 5:00 pm

Post the old fashioned way wayne
At least it is for me.

Praise and Worship
Special song/kids sing/sign/drama
offering. (a person will come up and read scripture/tell a story, prayer and the ushers take up the offering)
special song
sermon
Acts Enthusiast
5/3/16 8:07 am

Post I visited another CoG Ernie Long
recently and that Pastor said that the reason sinners won't come to church is because of the preachers they see on T.V. are always asking for money and they believe all churches are that way. So, instead of taking time to receive the tithes and offering during service, they have boxes in the back of the church for people to place their giving in. He stated that giving in the church has increased each month and some months they have broken their old giving record for that month. He has been at that church for approximately 8 years and the church is approximately 70 years old.

The pastor that was at my church before me, tried the same thing and giving became almost nonexistent. The boxes are still in place at my church, but we use them for people to place their prayer cards in.
Acts Enthusiast
5/3/16 12:20 pm

Post we also... wayne
we actually have people sitting at the front door for those who want to pay with the credit/debit card. Now that has truly increased our giving. Acts Enthusiast
5/3/16 1:42 pm

Post We typically wait for an appropriate moment.... Aaron Scott
Sometimes, we receive the offering at a suitable break in the praise and worship...other times we wait until the end.

Trying to flow with the Spirit.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/3/16 2:24 pm

Post Da Sheik
Obviously there are no right or wrong ways to do it (unless you're using beg-a-thon techniques). I prefer to make it a component of the worship service because I think people want to truly feel engaged in a worship service. I'm not saying that a box or kiosk isn't doing it right by any means so please don't misunderstand me. I just look for any way possible to let parishioners know they are as much a part of the worship as the choir and the preacher. For that reason I frequently include liturgy and responsive readings (often from the Psalms) so that people are engaging their hands, hearts, minds , spirits, and voices in worship. Acts Enthusiast
5/3/16 8:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic