Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"The Cross " by Prince (v)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "The Cross " by Prince (v) Eddie Robbins
I can't believe I have never heard this and it has very few views. I wonder if somebody just posted it? It's actually a pretty good song from 1987.

"Don't die without knowing the cross."

http://youtu.be/tIWyBsdLyhs
Acts-pert Poster
4/22/16 4:52 pm

Post bradfreeman
I first heard the Blind Boys from Alabama sing this song but didn't know Prince wrote it! It's a great song! Awesome!

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
4/23/16 8:00 am

Post UncleJD
Apparently Prince has a large body of work that he kept secret for release after his death. We will probably get a lot more like this assuming the rumors of his late conversion are true and he spent most of his time writing spiritual/religious themed music recently. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/25/16 9:35 am

Post Conversion demon hunter
UncleJD wrote:
We will probably get a lot more like this assuming the rumors of his late conversion are true and he spent most of his time writing spiritual/religious themed music recently.

I've saw in interviews where he is a Jehovah's Witness. Is this the late conversion that you are talking about?
4/27/16 3:00 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Does one song get you into heaven?

Do Jehovah Witnesses get in? Is their way an alternate path to heaven?
4/27/16 4:47 pm

Post UncleJD
I certainly hope he didn't go to hell. what about you? Personally I think JW is a cult, but I have no idea if a person could believe on Christ and be saved inside that cult. I can only say that I've heard he made some major moral changes in his later years and much of his focus was on God. I don't wish hell on anyone. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/27/16 4:53 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
There is one and only one who will judge Prince and everyone else and we are not that judge. He was a very private person. I hope he knew Jesus. Acts-pert Poster
4/27/16 9:28 pm

Post UncleJD
From the JW website -
truth -
Quote:
Jesus. We follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ and honor him as our Savior and as the Son of God. (Matthew 20:28; Acts 5:31)

error -
Quote:
we have learned from the Bible that Jesus is not Almighty God and that there is no Scriptural basis for the Trinity doctrine.—John 14:28.

Enough truth to get an individual to Heaven? I hope so. Enough error to damn someone? Probably, but not necessarily. I think the truth of the first (that He is "our savior") is more important than missing it on the Trinity...
Bottom line is that none of us should gloat over someone going to hell and should hope the very best happened.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/27/16 10:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic