Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church Insurance

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Church Insurance Allen King
I'm looking for a new carrier for our church insurance, and thought I would ask if anyone had any suggestions. We have been using Brotherhood Mutual for a number of years and have been incredibly dissatisfied with them. I could write a book about their customer service and refusal to honor their obligations. So, we're shopping. Where can I find a reputable company that writes insurance for churches?
4/19/16 12:39 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
We have thus far always had very good experience in every way with Church Mutual. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/19/16 12:47 pm

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
We have thus far always had very good experience in every way with Church Mutual.

Same here
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/19/16 1:40 pm

Post Paul W. Nolan
Our church had Church Mutual Insurance when I first went to Clarksville Church of God. Found out we were paying nearly double premiums due to inept leadership and a dishonest insurance agent.
I have loathed Brotherhood Mutual Insurance for some of their customer service practices and lack of taking care of their customers needs since 1998. They insure us now, here in Russellville, and I would like to change, but it is not feasible for us at this time.
The company that I heartily recommend and want to have again is Cincinnati Insurance. Higgins Insurance was the independent agency that connected us. Higgins Insurance is out Clarksville, TN and Hopkinsville, KY. We had not had a claim in the previous five years, and within 30 days of underwriting us, we got hit by storm damage and break-ins. They took care of us without blinking an eye, and didn't raise our premiums as a result of it.
You can have Brotherhood and Church Mutual if you want, but I wasn't impressed. Cincinnati Insurance impressed even the most skeptical of our congregation.
Friendly Face
4/19/16 2:59 pm

Post You should pm Dawg roughridercog
And let him tell you about his Church Mutual nightmare his church is going through
4/20/16 10:43 am

Post This guy is good wayne
http://lillieinsurance.com/

Jack Lillie 859-586-8580

I know he is in KY but I'm sure he can help you out as well.

Tell him Pastor Wayne Guilliams told you to call.
Acts Enthusiast
4/20/16 10:44 am

Post Truman Here M Truman Smith
Saints we at the Third Street COG in Fort Wayne have had Brotherhood Mutual for about 35 years and have been very pleased with them . Great Company as far as I am concerned . I highly recommend them . Don't know what happened with those who have had bad experiences with them , I broke a leg and was off for about 3 1/2 months . I had my Workman's Comp. with them , They paid 90% of my salary and all the medical bills . Thousands of Dollars with a hesitation . God Bless . T Hey, DOC
4/20/16 11:12 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Paul W. Nolan wrote:
Our church had Church Mutual Insurance when I first went to Clarksville Church of God. Found out we were paying nearly double premiums due to inept leadership and a dishonest insurance agent.
I have loathed Brotherhood Mutual Insurance for some of their customer service practices and lack of taking care of their customers needs since 1998. They insure us now, here in Russellville, and I would like to change, but it is not feasible for us at this time.
The company that I heartily recommend and want to have again is Cincinnati Insurance. Higgins Insurance was the independent agency that connected us. Higgins Insurance is out Clarksville, TN and Hopkinsville, KY. We had not had a claim in the previous five years, and within 30 days of underwriting us, we got hit by storm damage and break-ins. They took care of us without blinking an eye, and didn't raise our premiums as a result of it.
You can have Brotherhood and Church Mutual if you want, but I wasn't impressed. Cincinnati Insurance impressed even the most skeptical of our congregation.

Paul, they used to be a degree mill in Clarksville that some COG preachers got docterates from, I think it was called Clarksville School of Theology. Was at place still in business when you was there?
Acts-pert Poster
4/20/16 11:35 am

Post Paul W. Nolan
There was a Baptist affiliated school of higher learning there. I assume it is still there, but I moved to the Russellville Church of God last July, so I'm really not sure. I checked into it when I first got there 10 years ago, but wasn't interested because it wasn't properly accredited. And I didn't even know how you felt about accreditation back then.

Wink
Friendly Face
4/20/16 9:49 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
Our church is with Church Mutual and it has been a nightmare. We had a storm rip off our roof last November. We are still fighting them. The roof was finally replaced in March, but they are still haggling over payment. The damage to the inside of the building is another story. CM sent out an adjuster 2 days after the storm. He literally spent less than 40 minutes on site and told the contractors to tarp the roof. THERE WAS NO ROOF! I was there and told him that they needed to construct a temporary roof because the opening was 40 by 70 with no trusses remaining. He refused and they tarped it. 4 days later we had a freak storm dumping 8" of snow on us which brought it all down and all that snow into the building. It then rained for weeks and the new roof could not even be begun until January. This went from being a claim that should have been around $75,000 to $80,000 to now around $200K and they are giving my church fits over it. We still do not have funds release to do the repairs on the inside of the building and we have been out of the building for more than 5 months. Now that we are closing in on a dollar amount they are squawking about it taking too long and they do not want to pay any longer for our temporary location, even though the delays have been entirely on Church Mutual. Another issue is over the utilities. They had to place almost 30 machines in the building and run them 24/7 for 6 weeks which literally caused the church utility bill to increase almost 6 times what it normally would be, and Church Mutual does not want to pay those bills.

I promise you, as soon as we are finished with the repairs, I will be switching back to Brotherhood Mutual. I have had 2 major claims with Brotherhood back in 1990 and 1993 (one over $380K and one over $170K) and we did not have a single problem or delay with them.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/21/16 7:25 am

Post Re: Insurance Bullseye77
I have had good service form Guide One. Left them for a while and went with Church Mutual. After a couple of experiences, went back to Guide One.
4/21/16 6:41 pm

Paul W. Nolan wrote:
I checked into it when I first got there 10 years ago, but wasn't interested because it wasn't properly accredited. And I didn't even know how you felt about accreditation back then. Wink

It aint so much bout what OTCP thinks about it (even though I do got some strong sentiments an all about it), what's important is whether the accreditation is legitimate an that a feller--specially a preacher--don't end up with a degree mill worthless sheepskin. So, I'm real glad, Paul, at you was not interested in a place not properly accredited. Good fer you, son!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
Acts-pert Poster
4/22/16 12:53 am

The ole timers church had Church Mutual, but just recently went with Brotherhood. We saved about $4500 a year in premium cost. Acts-pert Poster
4/22/16 12:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic