Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Strong Trinitarian statement

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Strong Trinitarian statement Resident Skeptic
Do you agree with it? If not, how does it differ with your perception of the Trinity?

Quote:
When the Bible speaks of there being only one God, it is not saying there is only one deity in the Godhead, but that so far as we are concerned there is only one SUPREME God, our Heavenly Father, and that the members of the Godhead represent one God-type by acting in such perfect harmony that to deal with one is in effect to deal with the others.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 4/14/16 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
4/14/16 3:50 pm

Post bonnie knox
No. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/14/16 3:53 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
No.

Interesting. How does your perception of the Trinity differ from the one in the OP?
4/14/16 4:03 pm

Post bonnie knox
There is one deity. To say that God the Father is the Supreme Deity makes 3 deities with a hierarchy rather than one deity of 3 equal persons. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/14/16 4:11 pm

Post no Ed Brewer
....smacks of modalism
4/14/16 4:44 pm

Post Re: no Resident Skeptic
Ed Brewer wrote:
....smacks of modalism

Not in the slightest. Modalism would never speak of multiple deities in the Godhead.
4/14/16 4:47 pm

Post revuriah
I agree with Bonnie. Not that it makes 3 deities, but it puts a hierarchy into play that the Scripture does not bear out. While Jesus submitted to His Father, He did not make Himself less God. This definition lessens the deity of Jesus. He is just as much God as the Holy Spirit and the Father.

Really, let's also remember that Jesus is the One to whom every knee will bow and every tongue will confess His Lordship. Doesn't sound like a lesser God to me.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/14/16 7:07 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
revuriah wrote:
I agree with Bonnie. Not that it makes 3 deities, but it puts a hierarchy into play that the Scripture does not bear out. While Jesus submitted to His Father, He did not make Himself less God. This definition lessens the deity of Jesus. He is just as much God as the Holy Spirit and the Father.

Really, let's also remember that Jesus is the One to whom every knee will bow and every tongue will confess His Lordship. Doesn't sound like a lesser God to me.

But if Jesus voluntarily submitted, didn't that create a hierarchy?
4/14/16 7:23 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Sounds like Dake has influenced the author of this statement. Acts-pert Poster
4/14/16 8:11 pm

Post Cojak
I do not disagree nor agree. I have yet to have anyone explain the 'ONE WAY, 'Triune' Godhead, even God in three persons, or the ONE God eternally existing in three persons in a way that made sense or cleared the whole 'Wonderful existence of GOD'.

It all sounds like a human tap dance to explain what a GOD is, or how the supreme being 'thinks' if he does such a thing.

From a mortal point I accept my God, Redeemer and Savior. Why we argue to the point of getting UPSET over something that WE DO NO KNOW and do not understand, is beyond MY UNDERSTANDING. This is one of the things that is not in OUR language's ability.

If you understand it great. I will not argue because wise men have stood on all sides of this with SOLID scriptural evidence. Heaven has the answer, and I can wait. Cool

Most explanations I have heard all my life is the three in the God Head is like a man and wife becoming one. Two but still one. Sounds okay, I can live with it. Wink

UNTIL the wife decides to leave! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/14/16 9:06 pm

Post The problem is that it's very hard to have a statement about the trinity... Aaron Scott
I must tell you that while I believe Jesus is utterly equal with the Father in many ways, we DO know, from the SCRIPTURE, that Jesus will be subject to the Father (and IS subject to the Father).

Now, I'm sure there is some surprise in store for us as to who actually said this (Hitler? Benny Hinn? Mark Williams?), but in truth ONE OF THE WAYS that we best understand the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is through the lens of the Father SENDING/GIVING His Son (which shows some general authority), and the such.

I don't know if it fits, but I DO believe that there are two beings--Father and Son (and I can't quite figure out how the Holy Spirit all fits, but just know that He does), and that BOTH are utterly divine, neither are created, etc...and yet the Father seems to be the director, THROUGH the Son, of all.

Jesus is the REVEALED face of the invisible God. If you want to see the Father, you'll have to look at Jesus. It's the only way you'll see the Father!

All I can say is let's not make a doctrine of any of this. Let the things we believe by faith NOT be the trinity...but rather that "We don't know how it all fits together, except that there is one God, and He has one Son, Jesus--we just accept by faith that it all works out some way."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/15/16 7:21 am

Post sheepdogandy
Albert Batts used the example of an apple.

The peel.

The meat.

The core.

One apple.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/15/16 9:22 am

Post (V) "The problem with using analogies to explain the Holy Trinity is bonnie knox
that you always end up confessing some ancient heresy."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/15/16 9:44 am

Post Re: (V) "The problem with using analogies to explain the Holy Trinity is Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
that you always end up confessing some ancient heresy."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw

I submit to you there really is no single doctrine of the Trinity. There are doctrines of the Trinity.
4/15/16 10:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic