Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Former Member Watches Carpenters Home Church Being Demolished - V
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Former Member Watches Carpenters Home Church Being Demolished - V BishopsWife
Pretty powerful

https://www.facebook.com/getnfocus/videos/10156704082880015/
Acts Enthusiast
3/26/16 8:46 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
No doubt myriad persons were ministered to here over the years. Then.......enter error/ego/etc. This is sad indeed. Acts-pert Poster
3/26/16 9:51 am

Post If I remember correctly, this is old. The church was torn caseyleejones
down because it was old and they were making room for new construction. Without visiting your church, I am sure there is error in yours. Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/16 2:01 pm

Post bonnie knox
No, the demolition just began 10 days ago, so I'm told.

Nice video, awesome drone footage, good narration and story.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/26/16 3:34 pm

Is this the church that Randy/Paula White has as Without Walls International Church? Acts-pert Poster
3/26/16 6:54 pm

Post (L) bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Is this the church that Randy/Paula White has as Without Walls International Church?

Yes, just read the "history" section on the Wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter%27s_Home_Church
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/26/16 7:05 pm

Post Re: (L) Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Is this the church that Randy/Paula White has as Without Walls International Church?

Yes, just read the "history" section on the Wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter%27s_Home_Church

That is the error/ego I was referencing!
Acts-pert Poster
3/26/16 8:13 pm

Post In my opinion, the acceptance of controversial revivals MAY have been the downfall. Aaron Scott
When Rodney Howard Browne came, no doubt a number were blessed. But many rock-solid churches found the laughing revival to be contrary to the Spirit. Good folks all...but it just seemed to go too far.

This, I felt, was the first cracks I saw that were visible to outsiders. But it was so big that it couldn't just be turned off without questions as to why.

Later revivals also showed a willingness to go against the spiritual norms. Yes, sometimes this is just an old religious spirit...but in these cases, I think those who offered caution were people of The Lord...who had best interests at heart.

Lesson for me? At some point, if we aren't careful, we will explain away the weirdness as God doing a "new thing," and explain away loving correction as a religious spirit...and we will have it backwards...to our own destruction.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/27/16 7:10 am

Post Resident Skeptic
I'd rather see the building demolished than see it continue to be a hive for WoFies.
3/27/16 7:34 am

Post Re: In my opinion, the acceptance of controversial revivals MAY have been the downfall. Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
When Rodney Howard Browne came, no doubt a number were blessed. But many rock-solid churches found the laughing revival to be contrary to the Spirit. Good folks all...but it just seemed to go too far.

This, I felt, was the first cracks I saw that were visible to outsiders. But it was so big that it couldn't just be turned off without questions as to why.

Later revivals also showed a willingness to go against the spiritual norms. Yes, sometimes this is just an old religious spirit...but in these cases, I think those who offered caution were people of The Lord...who had best interests at heart.

Lesson for me? At some point, if we aren't careful, we will explain away the weirdness as God doing a "new thing," and explain away loving correction as a religious spirit...and we will have it backwards...to our own destruction.

Agreed. Carpenters was great BEFORE RHB. Not sure what they were thinking - or if anybody was thinking. Disaster ensued after that. Some - no doubt - could not make the connection even as the walls were coming down.
3/27/16 8:21 am

Post JLarry
Quote:

Well put Aaron.

I am careful to criticize something new or different. I will admit I did not understand the laughter as I saw it. Yes laughter is like medicine. But the way I saw, it was confusing to me.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/27/16 8:30 am

Post Sad JLarry
This is very sad to me. I remember when this great church was the largest Full Gospel church in America.

My uncle attended that church for several years. Many lives were changed there.

So sad to see a place that was such a blessing to so many, destroyed.

Pastors/Ministers, follow after the Lord. Don't get side tracked by other things. Things like money, fame, sex or the latest spiritual fad.

Stay true to what the Lord has called you to do. Build His Kingdom, nor your own and you will be blessed.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/27/16 8:34 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It seems they also vastly overbuilt to begin with. A 10,000-seat auditorium, with attendance at its peak being 5000. They never even came close to filling up such a humongous auditorium, except with some of the biggest name Christian concerts. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/27/16 8:39 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Hey, now it really is a "church without walls"! Yuk yuk yuk
3/27/16 9:21 am

Post Re: In my opinion, the acceptance of controversial revivals MAY have been the downfall. Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Agreed. Carpenters was great BEFORE RHB. Not sure what they were thinking - or if anybody was thinking. Disaster ensued after that. Some - no doubt - could not make the connection even as the walls were coming down.

I remember well back in 1984-85 Carl Strader making trips to FWC in Baton Rouge as their new sanctuary was being built to glean ideas for CHC's construction. .
3/27/16 9:23 am

Resident Skeptic wrote:
I'd rather see the building demolished than see it continue to be a hive for WoFies.

RS, son, I must agree with ya here.
Acts-pert Poster
3/27/16 9:51 pm

Post georgiapath
Paula is one of the richest pastors in American, I saw a list the other day. Acts-dicted
3/28/16 7:33 am

georgiapath wrote:
Paula is one of the richest pastors in American, I saw a list the other day.

Hey, I got a idea!!!!!!!!!!!

What if Paula planted a church called "The Journey," Paula does the preaching, Jonathan Cain is the praise/worship leader on the keyboard, and the them song for the church (since this is the third "new season" for them both) can be Journey's song, "Faithfully."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI
Acts-pert Poster
3/28/16 8:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It seems they also vastly overbuilt to begin with. A 10,000-seat auditorium, with attendance at its peak being 5000. They never even came close to filling up such a humongous auditorium, except with some of the biggest name Christian concerts.

Is that true? It sat 10,000? And they never averaged more than 5000? Still, 5000 folks could support a pretty big mortgage.
3/28/16 9:36 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It seems they also vastly overbuilt to begin with. A 10,000-seat auditorium, with attendance at its peak being 5000. They never even came close to filling up such a humongous auditorium, except with some of the biggest name Christian concerts.

Is that true? It sat 10,000? And they never averaged more than 5000? Still, 5000 folks could support a pretty big mortgage.

I have absolutely no reason to make something like that up. http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/48799-sad-day-a-10-000-seat-charismatic-church-building-will-be-torn-down

In any case, they quite obviously could not keep up the mortgage payments, or else Strader and his congregation would have stayed in that beautiful facility.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/28/16 11:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.