Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Re: Stevens Creek Church and Fleming COG are partners

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Stevens Creek Church and Fleming COG are partners MartyBaker
On March 13, 2016, Stevens Creek Church and Fleming Church of God, aka: His Community Church, aka: Southpoint Church have become strategic partners and now Fleming will operate under the name Stevens Creek Church, Southpoint Campus.

In the summer of 2014, while Stevens Creek was in 21 Days of Prayer and His Community Church was in 7 Days of Fasting, the Lord prompted Pastor Steve Norsworthy to call me. During our conversation, we dreamed of effectively reaching our community for Jesus Christ.

Shortly after that conversation, Stevens Creek Church added His Community Church to our monthly missions budget. As we invested into their church, the Lord turned our hearts toward South Augusta. In October 2014, the Elders of Stevens Creek and His Community Church both agreed to take the next step in forming a strategic partnership; however, Kevin Lloyd and I both felt that we needed to complete the new facility expansion on Stevens Creek Road first. We placed this partnership on hold so that we could stay focused on the construction.

During this time, however, Pastor Steve and Sharon Norsworthy went to work preparing their congregation for their new vision. They incorporated new systems for volunteers, membership, hospitality and so forth. And yes, during this time, some very good, some very Godly people, chose to transfer their membership to other Church of God congregations. It is very sad to see people transition, but sometimes it is necessary for their peace of mind. (On a side note: if you cannot be at peace when you attend church or if you cannot back up the leadership at your church, then peacefully transfer to another Church of God or another Pentecostal Church nearby. Life is too short for you to be unsettled.) After the transition, the congregation has settled in around 200 in attendance. It was painful financially too, but the Lord has provided in other ways.

Having said that, Pastor Steve led this congregation through this change and the congregation is unified with a passion to reach the community.

On February 28, 2016, I met Dahlia McCoy at one of our Sunday services at Stevens Creek Road. As I talked to her, she told me that she has been a member of the Fleming Church of God since it was started in 1965 ... for over 50 years. Sister McCoy said that we have prayed to reach our community since we started and now, with Stevens Creek's help, we can do it. I was taken back when she said that. I deeply appreciate someone like Sister McCoy who has been faithful to the vision of the church for over 50 years and has a heart to reach the surrounding neighborhoods for Christ. Her words encouraged me greatly.

So, as of March 13, 2016, this church will be known as Stevens Creek-Southpoint. I am the Lead Pastor; Steve Norsworthy is the Campus Pastor.

For the first year, the two churches will operate with separate budgets. After one year, if Southpoint can reach it's potential on it's own, then they will press on as an autonomous congregation. If after one year, it becomes evident that we are "better together" then we will merge all finances and properties together and at that point, we will be joined as one in the North Georgia Reporter.

March 13 was the first service at Stevens Creek Church- Southpoint Campus. We had 350 in attendance. We are adding an extra service at Southpoint for Easter (9:30 and 11:00).

With these added services, Stevens Creek Church will be having 9 Easter Weekend services this year. I will be preaching 7 of them and Steve Norsworthy will be preaching two of them.

We are excited about what the Lord is going to do in South Augusta. We appreciate the leaders who have prepared this congregation for this move. Specifically, Robert Herrin, T.D.Mooneyham, Harold Jones, Ken Young and Steve Norsworthy.

Stevens Creek Church hopes to carry on their vision to reach this community for the Lord.

-Marty
3/14/16 11:57 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Awesome! Praise God!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
3/14/16 7:17 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
Awesome!

Steve was my Youth Pastor when I was growing up.. He's the best.. This is exciting for you all!
3/16/16 6:27 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Very cool story. I like that your plan has two outcomes depending on what transpires. I pray for God to bless this work and for His will to be done in this congregation, in Jesus' name. Amen. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/16/16 7:14 am

Post Preacher777
I am praying that you reach many people for Christ as you work together. Often I read and talk about a group of believers in Jerusalem a little over 2,000 years ago who also prayed, fasted, had things in common and then preached Christ to religious leaders, simple folk and everybody in between. God honored their efforts and I pray you can spread His Word from Augusta, Geogia and the world in the same manner! Friendly Face
3/17/16 8:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic