Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Feedback Requested on Multi Level Marketing Among Christians

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Feedback Requested on Multi Level Marketing Among Christians Preacher777
I didn't want to hijack a previous thread asking about essential oils with a couple of questions I have about the church and multi-level marketing.

Do you have and how do you feel about the church having policies to limit sales of products and recruiting of representatives on the church property? I know we cannot dictate what people do outside the church but I am talking about before and after services, church functions etc.

I have heard one person quote a statistic stating that 95% of people who buy into the dream of multi-level marketing being a profitable business that can help others help others end up losing money. This is strictly a financial perspective that doesn't include the amount of time spent at meetings, trainings etc.

Do any of you know of statistics as to what percentage of people make/lose money after signing up as multi-level marketing representatives?
Friendly Face
3/3/16 11:37 am

Post Eddie Robbins
It's OK to have a "no soliciting" policy on the church grounds but, it's not OK to single out one business model to oppose. It's all or none. Direct selling is a wonderful business model when it is done correctly. Most of the time, people think it's a quick way to make money. Recruit 3 and you're done. In fact, it's hard work. Almost everything I have has come from that business model. I believe in it when it is done correctly. In fact, I am getting ready to kick one off that is brand new. As far as church, which was the subject, set rules but don't discriminate against one business model. Acts-pert Poster
3/3/16 3:39 pm

Post UncleJD
multi-level-marketing is not the same thing as a pyramid scheme. There are legitimate products being sold and the money that would normally go to advertising, goes to people who sell within their own relationship circles. I hate selling, but if I didn't, that's the way I'd go. I think church's should promote their members' businesses, that's community, that's smart. Have some rules that if there are complaints or you are seen as pushy, then you may be asked to stop, but why shouldn't we support each other's business? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/3/16 3:47 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
That's right. People add the word "scheme" to it to make it sound illegal. Obamacare is a scheme. Most direct selling companies are watched very closely by the feds. The danger for a company comes with the distributor/customer ratio. With Primerica, for example, there are obviously way more insurance customers than agents. If they are illegal, they shut them down. There are lots of companies doing business using that model that has been around for years.

A church business directory is a good thing.
Acts-pert Poster
3/3/16 4:20 pm

Post Change Agent
Do you make the rules that the church is the only person/group that can sell on church grounds. All churches do some sort of marketing to raise funds. Does the product have to be approved by the Pastor (COG? Laughing

Lets just close down free speech on all church grounds.
Acts Enthusiast
3/3/16 5:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic