Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Would you accept the tithe from a Lottery winner?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Would you accept the tithe from a Lottery winner? doyle
There is a fairly substantial discussion on the board about whether Christians should buy a Lottery ticket or not. There are some strong statements against it as well as some who are OK with it.

May I ask those who claim to be against buying a Lottery ticket, if they would refuse the tithe from a Lottery winner or a large personal contribution from them? Some years ago, when a COG member in West Virgina won the Lottery, the COG did not turn him out of the church or refuse contributions he made.

I once bought a Lottery ticket (obviously in a moment of deep spiritual weakness Smile ). A friend asked, "What would the COG say if the leaders there knew you won the Lottery?"

I replied, "So, if I won a hundred million dollars, why would I be concerned at all what anyone in any denomination said?"

D
1/19/16 9:12 am

Post Re: Would you accept the tithe from a Lottery winner? Old Time Country Preacher
doyle wrote:
I once bought a Lottery ticket (obviously in a moment of deep spiritual weakness Smile ).

I think the good Lord would want you to grow/mature beyond at spiritual weakness, Doyle. But that said, the lottery ticket has already been purchased. Now, if you won the Powerball of 100M, havin already seen the error of ya way, repented a buyin at ticket in a moment a weakness, an been forgiven an all, hey, send the ole timer them tithes. We gotta few little projects what needs supportin.
Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 2:58 pm

Post Link
I've got a relative who said he'd buy me a house if he won it big in the lottery. I'm pretty sure I'd take it.

I don't consider taking lottery winnings to be line taking money earned from prostitution.
1/19/16 4:02 pm

Post Da Sheik
Yes I would accept it. And if I were drowning I would accept CPR from a lottery winner. If I had car troubles , I would allow a fornicator to work on my automobile if he was an honest mechanic. When I go to a restaurant, I allow all kinds of world views into the plate set before me. Acts Enthusiast
1/19/16 4:29 pm

Post c6thplayer1
yes , I would put the money to good use. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/19/16 7:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic