Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Did all-loving God create people knowing He would keep them alive for the purpose of torture for all eternity?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Did all-loving God create people knowing He would keep them alive for the purpose of torture for all eternity? doyle
In the "Wacky Revelation" thread started by diakoneo, Eddie shared something he heard:

"That an all loving God would create people knowing that He would keep most of them alive for the purpose of torture for all eternity."

Rebuttals and observations are welcome.
1/15/16 4:31 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
That would be heard in Calvinistic circles. Acts-pert Poster
1/15/16 5:20 pm

Post diakoneo
Eddie, were you talking about those who believe and teach/preach pre-destination and eternal punishment?

you beat me to the punch Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/15/16 5:24 pm

Post John Jett
Eddie Robbins wrote:
That would be heard in Calvinistic circles.

Glad you cleared that up. I agree that's the only possible conclusion from a Calvinist.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/15/16 5:27 pm

Post No, that's not the only conclusion, I don't think Aaron Scott
Bell seemed to go along the same lines. He seemed to think that it was not reasonable to believe in eternal punishment, since that would imply that God had created people that, whether He knew their final decision or not, He knew the ODDS that most of them would wind up burning forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...I could go on like this...forever.

The argument is that God wouldn't do something like that, since it would be so contrary.

So THAT might be what Ed was talking about. Besides, I don't see Ed as someone who is particularly hostile to Calvinism.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/15/16 5:48 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I have heard that question before and still dont have a logical explanation or answer. My only thoughts are , take radical muslims that will never change for example. Because of these wicked people that are doomed to hell , could there be a multitude that come to Christ because of the wickedness of the radicals?

I do know that when some non Christians are shocked by some event their thoughts are always turned to God. Some may accept Christ because of the event they witnessed.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/15/16 10:59 pm

Post Cojak
Imma tell you when we go to deciding WHY GOD done stuff, we be in an area we are very weak in..... Maybe thin ice! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/16 11:03 pm

Post Re: Did all-loving God create people knowing He would keep them alive for the purpose of torture for all eternity? bradfreeman
doyle wrote:
"That an all loving God would create people knowing that He would keep most of them alive for the purpose of torture for all eternity.

No...and "most" won't miss eternal life.

What God did in Christ is greater than what Satan did in Adam.

Rom. 5:15 But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16 The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

"Many" died because of Adam and few found life. "Many" find life in Christ. God's plan of redemption was not an epic fail...it worked.

God's plan was never to "punish" anyone.

He created man to enjoy a relationship of faith, hope and love just as God had with the Son and Spirit for all eternity.

Man chose not to accept the free gift of life God breathed into him and free access to the Tree of Life. Man chose not to have faith (believe) in God but to try to find life in knowing good (God) and working (evil = full of labors) that good to try to be like God and find life apart from God. There is no life apart from Life being freely breathed into you...only works of the flesh, withering destruction, sin, fear, shame, condemnation, sweat, lack and death.

God for 1,500 years showed man the impossibility of life apart from life being freely breathed into man by installing a Ministry of Condemnation and Death and using it to picture the weakness and death of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good (God) and Evil (working that good) brings and its inability to give life, blessing and righteousness apart from the shadowy pictures of redemption painted in the sacrifices that gave them a temporary measure of life, blessing and forgiveness.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/17/16 9:25 am

Post wrong question Ed Brewer
If He did it would be His business (Romans 9:20)

1/17/16 4:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic