Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Would you send your child to Valor or Rhema for undergrad studies?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Would you send your child to Valor or Rhema for undergrad studies? Old Time Country Preacher
Rhema is Hagins school.

Valor is Parsley's school.

Would you want your son or daughter to attend either one?
Acts-pert Poster
1/11/16 5:54 pm

Post ...... caseyleejones
why not?

I had friends that went to both.....both schools are heavily grounded in the Word. Rhema has more of a focus on missions and they send quite a few to the mission field.

The graduates are doing the great commission.....not sure thats a bad thing.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/11/16 7:24 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I would discourage a biological or spiritual son/daughter from attending either school for the following reasons:

1. The utility of the credential will be very limited due to issues of accreditation. VCC is currently a candidate for ABHE accreditation, which they may/may not receive. Rhema holds TACI accreditation, which like ACI, is basically meaningless in the real world, and only allows a school to "legally" say "we're accredited." None of these type schools will tell you though that the accreditation isn't recognized accreditation. TACI, ACI, etc., are basically--to one degree or another--mills.

2. The hyper-WOF bent at Rhema is something I would encourage students most vehemently to avoid. Rhema's position on faith, atonement, Abrahamic covenant, healing is quite different from both an orthodox classical Pentecostal, Church of God, straight-from-the-text biblical position.

3. The Wigglesworth notion of impartation so brazenly promoted at Valor is quite strange when compared to Paul's understanding of impartation.

4. Even if the theological aberrations were absent, there are far better options for aspiring students of scripture, e.g., Lee, Global, Southeastern, etc.
Acts-pert Poster
1/11/16 9:04 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I would rather my child go to an accredited public college AFTER they have completed military rifle and weapon training , Concealed Carry , and FBI disarming methods. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/12/16 11:17 am

Post Valor, no problem muricewatsonsfriend
the past and current presidents are CoG guys. Randy Turpin is top notch. Now that we no longer have Bible colleges, I would send my kids to Valor with no problem.
ORU has been an excellent school for years; almost since being established. this was in spite of Oral Roberts, more or less.

- Darius
Acts-celerater
1/12/16 4:27 pm

Post Link
If someone went to Valor, would he come out with a more 'generic Pentecostal' set of beliefs than Rhema.

I met some Rhema grads in Indonesia. One attended in the '80's and you probably couldn't tell most of his preaching from a Pentecostal preacher. Another was fresh out and any theological topic you talked to him about, he'd say, "Brother Hagin said". It didn't matter if what Brother Hagin said was Biblical or made sense or not, it seemed. That was a few years before Kenneth Hagin, Sr. passed away.

I wouldn't want someone to go to Bible school, and from their [del]education[/del] indoctrination comes out thinking that God wasn't responsible for drowning the Egyptians because of Rhema's idea that God doesn't do 'bad' things to people, and it's all the Devil's thought. I've heard people who really got hung up on that idea, and I wonder if these folks ever even crack open the Old Testament on occasion. I read a Hagin pamphlet on this topic, and it cites some Hebrew reading person Hagin had a conversation with that said that one of the Hebrew verb forms could be interpreted as 'allowed' rather than 'caused.' Hagin didn't seem to bother whether all the verses that didn't fit with his paradigm used that Hebrew verb form, or whether 'allowed' made sense in context. If the LORD allowed Himself to bring the waters upon the Egyptians in Exodus 15, He still did it and we should give Him credit for it.

Having a conversation with a fresh Rhema grad is kind of like the polar opposite of having a conversation with a really extreme TULIP Calvinist, but can be even more frustrating. The TULIP people don't usually tell you you aren't allowed to use certain words because it's a 'negative confession.'
1/12/16 4:38 pm

Post Re: Valor, no problem Old Time Country Preacher
muricewatsonsfriend wrote:
the past and current presidents are CoG guys. Randy Turpin is top notch. - Darius

I believe Dr. Dupree and Dr. Turpin are COG. IMHO, it is unfortunate that these men (whom are no doubt Godly men, and as you state Darius are no doubt "top notch") have associated themselves doctrinally/theologically with Valor. Yes, Valor has a board of directors, a mission statement, etc., but at the end of the day, it is the ministry/style/method(s)/persona/etc. of Rod Parsley that is projected. I've seen a few young preacher boys mesmerized with Parsley (just as many were with Swaggart), gottem a hair cut like his, used Parsley's phrases/enunciation, an thought they was goin to heaven by attendin Valor. The ones I know who done it, well, it just didn't work out like they thought.
Acts-pert Poster
1/13/16 12:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic