Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prophetic Word for 2016:

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prophetic Word for 2016: Mark Ledbetter
I wanted to get ahead of the New Year's Prophetic Word for 2016 (so don't be surprised if you see it posted again around Jan 1, 2016):

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe in the gospel." Mark (the Gospel author and not me Mark) 1:15
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/29/15 12:10 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I receive that, Mark! Good word. Acts-pert Poster
11/29/15 12:40 pm

Post bonnie knox
How interesting that I read that passage just this morning! I was just reading that and I came to the phrase "at hand." A little note in the margin defined that as "near." I thought to myself how that it must mean close enough to reach out and touch. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/29/15 12:46 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
A little note in the margin defined that as "near."

I shore hope at little margin note was in the NIV Study Bible, an not one a them Dake's Anointed Bibles. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
11/29/15 2:39 pm

Post bonnie knox
It was a Authorized King James Version New Encyclopedic Reference Edition put out by Royal Publishing in Nashville, TN.
But it's like my momma said several years ago when I asked her if her new Bible was a study Bible. She rebuked me, "Every Bible is a study Bible!"
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/29/15 5:09 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
It was a Authorized King James Version New Encyclopedic Reference Edition put out by Royal Publishing in Nashville, TN.

Yea, but was it published before 1984 or after 1984. Anything after 1984 has done been tainted by them evil Alexandrian manuscripts. Cool

Don't feel bad bout bein rebuked, my gootness, the ole timers mother had a spiritual gift a rebuking. An she operated in it real frequent like with the ole timer. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
11/29/15 5:15 pm

Post Bonnie, Mark Ledbetter
bonnie knox wrote:
How interesting that I read that passage just this morning! I was just reading that and I came to the phrase "at hand." A little note in the margin defined that as "near." I thought to myself how that it must mean close enough to reach out and touch.

Good observation. As your post suggests "at hand" can mean close enough to reach out and touch. It can also mean "within your grasp."

When Jesus first uttered these words the meaning was clarified as the Kingdom of God broke through into the then present with preaching and teaching and miracles and healing, etc.

As Matthew's Gospel suggests, however, the open proclamation came to a close when the Pharisee Leadership associated Jesus' miracles with the devil (See Matthew 12) and Jesus changed His tactic by teaching in parables - not to make the meaning plain but cryptic (Matthew 13).

Paul wrote in 1 Cor 15:1-4 the gospel message included the death and resurrection of Jesus, and His return.

It is my firm belief the message has come full circle. With the hope of Jesus' return in glory (Titus 2:14), the Kingdom of God/Heaven is at hand.

Not looking for an escape from misery and woe but for His return in glory. Come Lord Jesus!!!!
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/29/15 7:41 pm

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
How interesting that I read that passage just this morning! I was just reading that and I came to the phrase "at hand." A little note in the margin defined that as "near." I thought to myself how that it must mean close enough to reach out and touch.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife was not feeling well and stayed home when I took the kids to a night service. She said she'd stay home and have a devotion at home. Later, she shared with me what she'd studied. It was the passage about Peter and a bunch of other disciples fishing after the resurrection and Jesus asking "Do you love me more than these?" That was the very same passage the preacher spoke on at church that night.

That sort of thing seems to happen a lot.
11/29/15 9:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic