Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastors, Do You Have Prayer Lines in Your Church?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastors, Do You Have Prayer Lines in Your Church? Old Time Country Preacher
Question Acts-pert Poster
11/16/15 10:22 am

Post yep wayne
But our is a prayer text line. Acts Enthusiast
11/16/15 11:17 am

Post Cojak
I don't know if it would be called a line, but our pastor always invites EVERYONE forward in a bunch for special prayer. Probably more like the crowds around Jesus rather a line.... Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/16/15 2:16 pm

Post Yes brotherjames
Nearly every Sunday we pray for the sick individually. We do it a number of ways during our worship service that I interrupt at the seemingly appropriate time to: 1) We ask those who need prayer for healing to raise their hands and then we ask for people to move out and find people with their hands raised and lay hands upon them and pray 2) I stand at the center of the church during that time and will pray for anyone that specifically wants me to pray and I ask our trained prayer team members to come to the front as well and people can have them pray as well 3) During communion I proffer that since it was the stripes that Jesus bore that paid the price not only for our salvation but for our healing that as the individual receives the sup and bread that they use those emblems as an opportunity to release their faith for physical/emotional healing (a point of contact if you will). The worship service (singing) continues while all this goes on. Very rarely i will preach on the subject and have prayer for the sick at the end of the service. Acts-celerater
11/16/15 2:22 pm

Post Re: Yes Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
During communion I proffer that since it was the stripes that Jesus bore that paid the price not only for our salvation but for our healing that as the individual receives the sup and bread that they use those emblems as an opportunity to release their faith for physical/emotional healing (a point of contact if you will).

Then, could an ole timer safely assume that if the folks whats physically/emotionally sick don't git healed, do ya tell em they didn't release enough faith? So, then they go back to their seat not only not healed, but cast down, defeated, discouraged an guilty cause they didn't have enough faith?
Acts-pert Poster
11/16/15 2:42 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I preached on "Sufferings" last night.

If Kirk puts it on our website.

Check it out, it may answer questions concerning why some do and some don't receive healing.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/16/15 3:11 pm

Post Sometimes you amaze me OTCP brotherjames
Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

What do you tell your people, Don't bother praying because you probably won't be healed and I don't want you to be disappointed therefore stay sick, have no hope or go see a Dr. who may or may not be able to help you but I sure wouldn't want you to have "false hope" nor would I expect you to have any faith at all that Jesus still heals. And yet you dare to say on another thread that you believe in miracles and healing for today (but you never know if they were really sick or not when they claim to be healed - IF that might ever happen.) Really and you claim to be a Pentecostal - or is that a parody as well (which is what I think). In your eagerness to root out fakery and chicanery you have thrown out the baby with the bath water methinks.
Acts-celerater
11/16/15 3:49 pm

Post Oh and BTW brotherjames
we regularly see many people healed - verifiably healed - some are not and of course I don't condemn them for a lack of faith. But I also exhort them to continue to believe and I also believe that all wisdom is GOd's wisdom, including medicine and surgery. I am quite sure the devil never gave us a cure for polio or anything else. However, our trust is not to be in medicine but in God but if you aren't healed in a reasonable time frame and you need to see a physician, by all means do so and don't feel in the least bit condemned for it. On the other hand, some people prefer to live by faith and I will support them entirely. SOme have died in their faith as well.

One more thing, I have never understood why you think that people who die at some point - even from old age - have no faith (sarcasm there from you). No one has ever suggested we will live forever - except in the resurrection. We live in a fallen world and are subject to physical death until Jesus returns. To die physically is part of this life. I don't know of a preacher - WOF or any other- that has ever suggested otherwise - except you.
Acts-celerater
11/16/15 4:02 pm

Post Da Sheik
BroJames:

Not to be argumentative, but it could be thought of this way: The scripture you quoted from Mathew 8 could be viewed in terms of a realized fulfillment of Isiah's prophecy when it actually happened during the ministry of Jesus on Earth. In other words, that it was not a perpetual promise for all believers, but rather Jesus fulfilled that prophecy as proof of His being the Messiah.

Just thought I would add some counterpoint. There's always more than one way to look at something. Even a beloved scripture we "may" have misinterpreted.
Acts Enthusiast
11/23/15 1:46 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
BJ, since Jesus bore all our infirmities/sicknesses, do you ever get sick? Runny nose? Cough? If you do, since Jesus bore them all, why do you get sick? Acts-pert Poster
11/23/15 4:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic