Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why Trump's "Register Muslims" program would be dangerous to Christians

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why Trump's "Register Muslims" program would be dangerous to Christians doyle
So far, it seems Trump is the only candidate who would be strong against the overwhelming flood of illegal immigration. Others talk about it but I think Trump would do something about it.

If Trump does not get the Republican nomination, it will be because of his vicious and personalized comments about other Republicans. He is killing his opportunity with his own mouth. Take someone to task because of their policies? Absolutely. Rip them to shreds in personal attacks? No way acceptable.

Trump's verbalized plan to "register" all Muslims, is incredibly dangerous to Christians. Also, except in extreme situations, his plan to close Mosques, is dangerous to Christian churches too.

Once that religious "registration" process starts, an increasingly secular society will spread it to those of all faiths including Christians. Close down Mosques because of the hate preached in some, and churches where the people disagree with gay marriage or other things society-at-large calls hate speech, can be closed down too.

One reason the vile Westboro Baptist Church is still open, is because they do have the right under our Constitution to hate speech. To my knowledge, they have not killed anyone. I believe their hatred has done a lot of damage to Christianity because many people, especially those who are not involved in church, relate some of their speech with the overall word "church."

Yes, some Mosques are havens for potential terrorists and recruitment for such activities. That cannot go un-monitored. It is illegal, even in church, to encourage harming or killing others. Such individual incidents must be
handled.

However, putting all Muslims, including those who have not committed any crimes, on a registration list? No.

That is my opinion. What's yours?

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 11/23/15 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
11/20/15 10:27 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
So far, it seems Trump is the only candidate who would be strong against the overwhelming flood of illegal immigration. Others talk about it but I think Trump would do something about it.

ROFL
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/15 10:29 am

Post bonnie knox
Okay, now that I've read the rest of your post, yes, I agree that Trump's idea is bad. It's the kind of idea you would expect to come from a liberal. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/15 10:31 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Very few grasp the importance of absolute positions on freedoms and rights. If Trump means this (there's some question as to whether he meant all Muslims, or just Muslims among incoming refugees or immigrants) then he doesn't understand that the same state power necessary to enforce that, and the same framework used to legally justify it, can then be turned on Christians.

The folks protesting at college campuses, demanding that certain types of speech be prohibited, do not understand that the same state power necessary to enforce that, and the same framework used to legally justify it, can be easily turned on speech they favor.

These ideas and any ensuing legal justification should be immediately rejected on 4th and 14th (Trump) or 1st (college kids) Amendment grounds, but it seems like anything can happen these days.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/15 12:50 pm

Post Cojak
HOWEVER: Keeping track of refugees is not illegal nor wrong. YOU have an address, EACH of us can be found unless we are street people.

When you accept a refugee into this country you are not giving them citizenship, ARE YOU? So naturally there should be a way to locate each one.

How is that WRONG?

Do not take me wrong, we all seem to fuss about the illegals from Mexico and South America, and want to know where they are, but cannot do it because they are ILLEGAL. Your government can find you, why should they not be able to find someone we are feeding and supporting?

Amazing they can track your steak back to the cow and ranch it came from so you will know where the 'Mad Cow Disease' comes from, there might be a common thread there.

I am just pointing we already have LISTS!
I am far from a TRUMP supporter, but I think he was speaking mostly about the refugees we are going to accept! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/20/15 1:55 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
"I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America"

Trump should have been able to see the game the reporter was playing and shut it down, but it does seem clear he wasn't suggesting a registry for Muslims.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/15 2:45 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
"I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America"

Trump should have been able to see the game the reporter was playing and shut it down, but it does seem clear he wasn't suggesting a registry for Muslims.

right Dave , I have already researched it and your exactly right. Even if he did say something like this , it would fall into the same category as " We'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. " Confused
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/20/15 4:36 pm

Post the problem is: John Hughes
Trump never said it. The media said it but he did not! All of this was from a reporter who suggested it. Trump kept talking about building a wall at the border and security.
11/21/15 12:25 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic