Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

please pray for my holiness "no doctor" uncle

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post please pray for my holiness "no doctor" uncle UncleJD
I don't mean to disparage the old-time holiness mindset of "Jesus is my only doctor". My uncle has been a living miracle for many years. He once fell out of a tree, broke several bones and dislocated other ones, refused to go to the doctor and God did heal him. He once broke down in a blizzard and walked several miles without gloves and his hands were both so badly frostbitten that they were black, God healed that too. I am proud of his faith, but I'm afraid this time he's going to die. He has a cancerous growth on his face, and now it is (well I dont' want to describe it in public), but it is really bad. He refuses to go to the hospital. I think he's ready to die, but I see his actions as a bit selfish when most likely they'd be able to cut it out and he'd heal from there. His family is saved for the most part, but he has a grown son that got burned out on the Holiness thing and I think this could be a bad witness to him (hope I'm wrong). I know God has done a lot of great miracles in his life (another one I saw was he prayed for a sick cow with a broken leg and God not only healed the leg, but the cow became like a dog in that it was affectionate to humans like I'd never seen). But also, he has seen God use doctors to heal too. His wife had stomach cancer 10 years ago, she wasn't supposed to live even with the surgeries, but she hasn't changed a bit since then and God didn't strike her down for going to the doctor. Anyways, I appreciate your prayers for the whole situation, for wisdom where it is needed, healing and peace. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/13/15 11:41 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Praying for him [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/15 2:18 pm

Post Cojak
Prayers for a believer. God Bless and heal, do it again Lord.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/13/15 4:55 pm

Post JLarry
Just prayed for Uncle to use wisdom.

Lord help him to realize the Lord gave Doctors for those of us who need them.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/14/15 12:29 pm

Post Honor believers devil disturber
I have only pastored one lady who did not take medicine. When she would get sick I felt compelled to prayer with all my faith because if God did not touch her she would suffer. I wish I could say that I do not take medicine but those whose faith will hold to God's promises I honor. I pray for your uncle. If he does not wish to use medicine then I honor him and his faith. When you consider the practice of medicine and the suffering caused by it I am not sure that those who believe are any worse off than those who take the medicinal approach. (Let me add that the lady that did not take medicine later was encouraged or forced to take medicine.) I believe with those who take medicine and I believe with those who do not. Those early pioneers of the faith reported many mighty miracles. And another question - if one dies in faith do they not go immediately to heaven and are eternally in God's presence? Is not heaven better than this present evil world. Are not the joys of heaven real for the believing saint? Do we believe what we preach? Again all of this from a medicine taking pastor. New Member
11/14/15 7:51 pm

Post Re: Honor believers UncleJD
devil disturber wrote:
I have only pastored one lady who did not take medicine. When she would get sick I felt compelled to prayer with all my faith because if God did not touch her she would suffer. I wish I could say that I do not take medicine but those whose faith will hold to God's promises I honor. I pray for your uncle. If he does not wish to use medicine then I honor him and his faith. When you consider the practice of medicine and the suffering caused by it I am not sure that those who believe are any worse off than those who take the medicinal approach. (Let me add that the lady that did not take medicine later was encouraged or forced to take medicine.) I believe with those who take medicine and I believe with those who do not. Those early pioneers of the faith reported many mighty miracles. And another question - if one dies in faith do they not go immediately to heaven and are eternally in God's presence? Is not heaven better than this present evil world. Are not the joys of heaven real for the believing saint? Do we believe what we preach? Again all of this from a medicine taking pastor.
'

I hear you and appreciate the sentiment. I'm simultaneously proud of his faith and yet sad for his family. While its true that if God doesn't heal him soon he will be with God, yet that does nothing to ease the pain and hardships put on the rest of his family knowing that something could have been done easily to prevent it. Something about not tempting the Lord comes to mind. But I do believe God is able and I won't be a bit surprised if God heals him again, He has many times. My main concern is not for him as much as his family, especially his son. Thanks everyone for your prayers and understanding. Many in our world would scoff at this never having seen the power of God.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/14/15 9:10 pm

Post Re: Honor believers Ernie Long
UncleJD wrote:
I hear you and appreciate the sentiment. I'm simultaneously proud of his faith and yet sad for his family. While its true that if God doesn't heal him soon he will be with God, yet that does nothing to ease the pain and hardships put on the rest of his family knowing that something could have been done easily to prevent it. Something about not tempting the Lord comes to mind. But I do believe God is able and I won't be a bit surprised if God heals him again, He has many times. My main concern is not for him as much as his family, especially his son. Thanks everyone for your prayers and understanding. Many in our world would scoff at this never having seen the power of God.

I have lost family who went to doctors to be treated for their cancer. Medicine isn't a 100%. I pastored a man who had prostrate cancer at the same time his brother had it, ten years ago. His brother had surgery and died a few months later because the cancer had spread through his body. This man didn't, he trusted God for his healing and never went back for a check-up for his cancer. He believes he is cancer free and after ten years, I believe he is as well.

I'm not sure you believe as you say you do, instead of questioning your uncle's faith and God's ability to heal, because of his family, why don't you stand with your uncle and believe with him for his healing. From what you posted, he has a pretty good track record trusting God for his healing. If he dies believing God for his healing, I believe he'll die in peace knowing he trusted God to the very end. But, if he goes to the doctor just to appease the family, I believe he would die thinking he didn't trust God after all what God had done for him in the past.
Acts Enthusiast
11/16/15 2:17 pm

Post Re: Honor believers UncleJD
Ernie Long wrote:

I'm not sure you believe as you say you do, instead of questioning your uncle's faith and God's ability to heal, because of his family, why don't you stand with your uncle and believe with him for his healing. From what you posted, he has a pretty good track record trusting God for his healing. If he dies believing God for his healing, I believe he'll die in peace knowing he trusted God to the very end. But, if he goes to the doctor just to appease the family, I believe he would die thinking he didn't trust God after all what God had done for him in the past.

First off you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Maybe reading isn't your best skill so I'll type slowly the words you missed before. I know God can heal him and has many times. However, the man has a big bleeding hunk of meat spreading on his face with maggots crawling in and out of it and won't get it cut off. How about this, before you go around deciding on peoples faith levels, show us a picture of the next time you get cut open pretty badly and don't sew it up or use any other common sense.

According to your statement you would probably question why Jesus didn't jump off the temple.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/16/15 3:25 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I know this sounds gross.

But the maggots may be helping. Shocked

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/16/15 7:26 pm

Post Cojak
This may all sound weird, but I had a Catholic friend who would not allow the Dr to amputate his toes, they did look terrible. He told the Doc. If God wants the toes off he will remove them. He lost the big toe, the others healed. The scaring tissue was probably better than the surgeon.
The next year it was his finger. It also 'rotted' off (stunk like crazy) but the finger came off with a perfect sealing of the skin. That is fact I did see it (and smell both). Later on another malady his son talked him into seeing a doctor about an opening. The doctor treated it, he got infection and died. I do go to Doctors, but I am reluctant also.
I miss Al, he was a good friend and a stubborn Maniac (Mainer from Milbridge)

Until his death Al kept his finger and toe in a zip lock bag! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/16/15 8:33 pm

Post Re: Honor believers Ernie Long
UncleJD wrote:
Ernie Long wrote:

First off you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Maybe reading isn't your best skill so I'll type slowly the words you missed before. I know God can heal him and has many times. However, the man has a big bleeding hunk of meat spreading on his face with maggots crawling in and out of it and won't get it cut off. How about this, before you go around deciding on peoples faith levels, show us a picture of the next time you get cut open pretty badly and don't sew it up or use any other common sense.

According to your statement you would probably question why Jesus didn't jump off the temple.

Wow man, didn't mean to rain on your parade. sorry, you took me the wrong way, maybe you need to learn how read, instead of reading into something that isn't being said.

READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

And people are wondering why this site is dying.

Be blessed
Acts Enthusiast
11/17/15 8:13 am

Post UncleJD
thank you to those that pray, I do appreciate that. This is real so I won't waste further time on other matters. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/17/15 9:34 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic