Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Baptist Bible College or Rhema: If these were your only two options?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Humbug brotherjames
. .. Acts-celerater
11/4/15 5:24 pm

Post Re: Humbug Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
. ..

Where's the Bah? As in Bah Humbug? Mr. Green
Acts-pert Poster
11/4/15 10:43 pm

Post Da Sheik
I think the OSAS theology you might encounter at a Baptist school is far less dangerous than the WoF teachings you would be exposed to at Rhema. Acts Enthusiast
11/5/15 9:36 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Da Sheik wrote:
I think the OSAS theology you might encounter at a Baptist school is far less dangerous than the WoF teachings you would be exposed to at Rhema.

10-4 on at good buddy.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 11:10 am

Post Methocostal
Baptist any day. I've never been in a Rhema based church that wasn't just plain weird. No way Jose! Friendly Face
11/5/15 11:21 am

Post Methocostal
Goodness, I would even go to a Church of Christ Seminary before Rhema Smile Friendly Face
11/5/15 11:28 am

I'm just glad I ain't the only person on Acts with discernment. At Rhema crowd is indeed plain weird. Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 12:42 pm

Post UncleJD
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

Now JD got a little mixed up on choosin Rhema over a Baptist school (but he'll see the light sooner or later), but he is dead on here.

I had to go back to this thread and see if I'd actually said that but turns out the Old Timer may need to up his supplements LOL! (JK OT). But for the record I attended a Baptist University and I'm not even familiar with Rhema. But some other non-accredited schools do produce some very amazing ministries, I think we can agree that as long as they're not calling themselves doctors, then they are doing well (depending on what's being taught there).
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/6/15 11:16 am

UncleJD wrote:
But for the record I attended a Baptist University and I'm not even familiar with Rhema. But some other non-accredited schools do produce some very amazing ministries, I think we can agree that as long as they're not calling themselves doctors, then they are doing well (depending on what's being taught there).

I stand corrected, JD, at was "brotherjames" who posted what I thought was you. My apologies to ya, bro. I read so many posts on Acts I often get confused as to which one of Eddie's pen names is sayin what. Laughing

Rhema is not accredited by a recognized accreditor, but that's not the main reason I could never endorse the place. Its at constant flow of word of faith teachin at comes from there.
Acts-pert Poster
11/6/15 11:32 am

Post I NEED SOME HELP ...... COG a Long Time
Someone help my thinking: "Why would anyone go to a non-accredited college/university when there are so many reputably accredited colleges/universities within driving distance of everyone within the United States?"

Not only that, there are so many online programs that one could take.

I'm serious, WHY GO TO A NON-ACCREDITED INSTITUTION?

My family goes back as members of the Church of God since the turn of the century --- that's the 20th century ---- and, everyone, who has wanted to, has gone to Lee ---- from the time it was a bible college to a major university. I also have uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. who have attended ECBC or NWBC as well.

The cost has never been prohibitive.

As a matter of fact, one of my cousins showed up on the door-step of President Ray H. Hughes, and told him, "I don't have any money, but God wants me to attend this college."

The story goes that Dr. Hughes said, "Well, if you're supposed to be here, don't you go anywhere else." He walked him to Admissions and told him to come back to his office later that day.

My cousin told the person in Admissions that he didn't have any money for tuition. The admissions clerk asked, "Did Dr. Hughes bring you here?" Nervously, he said, "Oh, no - my dad dropped me off."

Whoever helped him in the admissions office said, "I mean Dr. Hughes brought you to this office, didn't he?" My cousin said, "Oh, yes!" (Some of you have probably heard my cousin embarrassingly tell that story!)

When my cousin went back to Brother Hughes's office, he had him to kneel at a chair and he prayed over him. When the prayer ended, he told my cousin to come and go with him. They went over to the cafeteria. And, you probably know the rest of the story: he worked in the cafeteria and other places at Lee for the next four years to make money for tuition and to live on.

He graduated and ministered/pastored in the GREAT Church of God until his death a few years ago.

Again, would someone help my thinking: "Why go to a non-accredited institution?"
11/6/15 12:17 pm

Post Re: I NEED SOME HELP ...... UncleJD
COG a Long Time wrote:

Again, would someone help my thinking: "Why go to a non-accredited institution?"

Maybe the Lord told them to?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/6/15 2:08 pm

Post Re: I NEED SOME HELP ...... Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:
COG a Long Time wrote:

Maybe the Lord told them to?

Aspiring preacher in prayer, "Lord, where would you have me go to prepare me for my calling and to earn a degree that will benefit and facilitate the ministry you've called me to."

The Lord.........to the aspiring preacher, "My son, I want you to find a place that will let you get by with as little as possible, require 10% of the academic work of legitimate institutions, call their degrees accredited when the accrediting agency is bogus, and then award you a degree that your peers who have a real degree will snicker about behind your back. Yes, be a good steward."
Acts-pert Poster
11/6/15 3:12 pm

Post volsfan
Can I get my basics at the Baptist school then transfer to Rhema?
11/7/15 9:21 pm

volsfan wrote:
Can I get my basics at the Baptist school then transfer to Rhema?

Perhaps, but there are two caveats:

1. Rhema may not allow the transfer of non-WOF credits.

2. It would be a great detriment to you theologically.
Acts-pert Poster
11/7/15 9:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic