Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Would OT make a good General Overseer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Would OT make a good General Overseer c6thplayer1
Rate 1 to 10 with 1 being best and 10 being the worst.

My rating would be #1
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/4/15 10:25 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
If elected to the esteemed position as prelate and presiding bishop of the Church of God, on my very first day in office, I commit to the following 5-Point Approach in my administration:

1. DOCTRINE: Begin the process of extracting/eliminating any and all forms of Woffie teachin, TULIP talk, OSAS stuff, from anything connected with the COG. Its gonna be Wesleyan Holiness an Pentecost right down the line.

2. ETHICS: Requirin at all degrees listed/used among preachers on websites, business cards, church letterheads, published in print, must be from a school what has recognized accreditation.

3. RELEVANCY: Encourage all local churches to change their name to include the word POINTE. In this way, each local church will have a cuttin edge and relevant appeal.

4. EVANGELISM: We gonna get back to the tent meetin circuit, encouraging all aspirin evangelists to buy their own tent an hit the road.

5. GENUINE PENTECOSTAL PREACHING: This settin down preachin stuff, with a little bitty table an a bottle a water, is gotta go. If preachers want Starbucks, hey, they can go after church. An we gonna git rid a these ear piece and lapel microphones. Ever Ordained Bishop will be required to get a hand held Shure Model 56 microphone with a 50 ft cord. The prissy preachin is gonna give way to Pentecostal Preachin.
Acts-pert Poster
11/4/15 11:16 pm

Post but I can't ... Mat
But I can't use my IPad if I have to hold my mic!

Mat

PS I thought those tables were just skinny pulpits.
Acts Enthusiast
11/5/15 8:46 am

Post Methocostal
OT has my vote Smile Friendly Face
11/5/15 11:29 am

Post Cojak
10, TEN, TEN

Iffn I can get my papers restored, at's my vote.

I don't like preachers tripping over the mike cord and knocking miss Bessie.s flower arrangement down.

I like them little desks and a sit down preacher, Some times I feel like my grand son who looked up at me wonct and asked, "Why is he running around and yelling at us?"

Only if my papers are restored, and acknowledgement of my life's achievements more than merits my Doctorate, could I give him a #1.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/15 12:06 pm

Cojak wrote:
10, TEN, TEN

Iffn I can get my papers restored, at's my vote.

I don't like preachers tripping over the mike cord and knocking miss Bessie.s flower arrangement down.

I like them little desks and a sit down preacher, Some times I feel like my grand son who looked up at me wonct and asked, "Why is he running around and yelling at us?"

Only if my papers are restored, and acknowledgement of my life's achievements more than merits my Doctorate, could I give him a #1.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I bestow upon thee a honorary doctorate (Doctor of RV Travel). Ya preachin papers is in the mail. Lookin fer at vote Dr. Cojak.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 12:47 pm

Post bonnie knox
I ain't votin fer ya till I find out if Mama has give up movin to Mississippi and would settle for movin to tha Holy City. (And then I still might not vote fer ya! I just don't know if I can cotton to havin a overseer what goes bananas over Pink Floyd.) [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/15 1:36 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
I ain't votin fer ya till I find out if Mama has give up movin to Mississippi and would settle for movin to tha Holy City. (And then I still might not vote fer ya! I just don't know if I can cotton to havin a overseer what goes bananas over Pink Floyd.)

You can't vote Miss Bonnie, the Soddy Daisy prophet caused most a the fellers to not want the wominfolk settin on the council floor with em. So the majority voted with the prophet. But the ole timer is a egalitarian, so I voted in favor a the gals bein bishops, but the majority prevailed.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 2:18 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, I guess that puts an end to that.

I just wonder if you tellin folks you voted in favor of wimmin bishops is a good idee if you campaignin for overseer an all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/15 2:21 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Well, I guess that puts an end to that.

I just wonder if you tellin folks you voted in favor of wimmin bishops is a good idee if you campaignin for overseer an all.

They'll fergit by assembly. Once a few scandals starts bein discussed, hey, the ole timers egalitarian sentiments won't even be on the radar.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 2:30 pm

Post Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

I bestow upon thee a honorary doctorate (Doctor of RV Travel). Ya preachin papers is in the mail. Lookin fer at vote Dr. Cojak.

I feel better already, I am going to git me a bran new note book for my revivals. I B booking some just as soon as I get my papers back. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/15 2:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic