Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Thoughts on this passage?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Thoughts on this passage? Aaron Scott
Quote:
(Matthew 13:47 KJV) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

(Matthew 13:48 KJV) Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

(Matthew 13:49 KJV) So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/24/15 7:16 am

Post revuriah
It is similar to the wheat and tares. I like what David Guzik said of this passage. He said that there would be wicked and righteous together, up until God separates the good from the bad.

Now, exactly how this plays out, I don't know. It reminds me of Revelation 20:12, "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

And then verse 15: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Like the wheat and tares, God knows which is good, and we can make bad judgment calls. There in that parable, the landowner told the servants to let the weeds grow along with the wheat, so that they don't accidentally pull up the good.

God ultimately will decide what the wheat/good fish are, and the tares/bad fish.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/24/15 8:13 am

Post bradfreeman
The Passover Lamb brought about the deliverance of every single Jew. All were set free, all were blessed, all were promised rest. But only those who believed entered the blessing and rest of the Promised Land.

Jesus' sacrifice has brought about the redemption of every human being, everyone is free, everyone is forgiven, everyone is reconciled, everyone is blessed, everyone's sins and iniquities have been taken away and everyone is sanctified. But only those who hear and believe the truth of this message enter into this covenant of life, freedom, blessing and rest. They "fall short" by not believing.

The net pulls in "every kind", but only those who believe get "gathered".

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
10/30/15 7:55 am

Post diakoneo
Christ is explaining His parable of the "tares and wheat" to His disciples.

Hidden treasure and value established as being in the Kingdom of heaven, as "where your treasure is, there will your heart be". The net of the Gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit drawing all kinds but some who don't find true treasure there, but rather there treasure being in the earth are determined as not worthy.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/30/15 4:41 pm

Post Pretty straight forward: Mark Ledbetter
Just as diakoneo and revuriah suggest, the message intended by the parable of the dragnet is similar, if not the same as the parable of the wheat and tares.

Both represent a generic judgment in which there is a separation between the righteous and the wicked.

The angels in both are the reapers and gatherers.

Angels take on a similar role in Matthew 24:30-31 in Jesus' remarks regarding the coming of the Son of Man: And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."

Psalm 1 establishes the general principle of separation between the righteous and the wicked in terms of the threshing floor:

"The wicked are not so [that is unlike the righteous in vvs 1-3], but they are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."

John reveals the Messiah, when He comes, will also be an agent of separation:
His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor: and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
10/30/15 11:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic