Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump on Today with Matt Lauer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump on Today with Matt Lauer UncleJD
For some reason, though Matt Lauer and crew obviously hated him, they gave him an hour today. It was clear from their questions they were trying to make him look bad, but the longer he was on, the more the crowd was coming around and eventually just cheering for him like crazy. I'm pretty sure it backfired on them. For me a couple of his biggest issues were addressed fairly well.
1. His "just trust me" attitude on the economy and foreign policy. He specifically spelled out the fact that while we are spending billions on European and Asian exports, they are doing next to nothing on the side of fighting ISIS or leading on containing the flood of Syrian immigrants. They (the rest of the world AND us), should be building some safe cities with protection and food THERE in the middle-east rather than incurring the logistical and safety nightmare of bringing them into our countries. The same money will be spent either way, do it THERE where we can watch them and eventually return them once the situation is stabilized.
2. Putin wants to fight ISIS, let him! Putin can't stand Obama because he is weak. Once a real leader is in office, Putin will respect him and come to the table ready to deal, and Trump knows how to deal unlike Obama (or Clinton, or Bush, or any of the others)
3. Business - stop taxing our businesses higher than the rest of the world and watch them grow. Stop making big companies look smart when they ship their manufacturing to Mexico and China; he gave a good example of Ford reversing their decision for a large new factory in Mexico and bringing it back home, he has been very vocal about Ford doing this for his entire campaign, and now Ford reverses itself out of embarrassment in the media and I have to say I agree that it looks like "candidate" Trump is having an impact on American business already!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/26/15 10:50 am

Post Cojak
All I can say is, "I hope the faith in Donald is not misdirected just because he SAYS what the average American wants to hear. If he does become the nominee I will vote for him, IF AND ONLY If, it appears he has a chance to win."

Clearly, I hope he does not split the GOP more than it is, it is already a frag-grenade awaiting the pin to be pulled! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/15 3:37 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Cojak wrote:
All I can say is, "I hope the faith in Donald is not misdirected just because he SAYS what the average American wants to hear. If he does become the nominee I will vote for him, IF AND ONLY If, it appears he has a chance to win."

Clearly, I hope he does not split the GOP more than it is, it is already a frag-grenade awaiting the pin to be pulled! Embarassed

Cojak , this guy is nothing more than a blow fish casting bait to those gullible enough take a bite.

All of these things he says he is going to do cannot be done without our "do nothing congress" whom will stop 95% of what he wants. Thus we end up with the same old power glide transmission pushing a 2016 vehicle.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/26/15 5:05 pm

Post UncleJD
c6th, since most of the deals he attacked are directly related to Obama who is the lead negotiator and commander in chief and had little to do with congress, I'm not sure I agree with you. But, for argument's sake, who would be more effective in actually demolishing the broken system in DC? Certainly not Bush, Rubio or Christie. Possibly Cruz or Fiorina, though I don't think either is electable. Paul has no chance because of his confusing foreign policy (though I've always been a fan of his dad's economic policy). I do think Trump is "out there", but like Billy Joel said "It may just be a lunatic you're looking for" Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/26/15 5:26 pm

Post c6thplayer1
UncleJD wrote:
, but like Billy Joel said "It may just be a lunatic you're looking for"

Ha , I like that and he may be right. Very Happy
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/26/15 8:06 pm

Post georgiapath
c6thplayer1 wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
, but like Billy Joel said "It may just be a lunatic you're looking for"

Ha , I like that and he may be right. Very Happy