Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Reputation of churches

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Reputation of churches Ernie Long
Didn't want to hi-jack Cojack's thread http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=83862

But it did make me think, does anybody really think about a church's reputation other than the people attending there or who has family or friends attending there?

My guess is that unless you attend a church, no one outside that church knows anything about it unless someone who attends there starts talking good or bad about it, or someone who was looking for a handout and depending on the handout they did or didn't receive told others how they were treated.

Unless a church is active in the community, most people don't know most churches even exist.
Acts Enthusiast
10/26/15 2:08 pm

Post Not meaning to hijack... roughridercog
But at the same time you have to ask about the reputation of pastors.
10/26/15 2:20 pm

Post Re: Not meaning to hijack... Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
But at the same time you have to ask about the reputation of pastors.

The two do definitely go hand in hand. I know business men who judge a church by it's pastor. I remember my dad telling mom right after we moved into one town. "Boy, Bro so and so left a big impression at the parts house. I stopped by to get some oil and the owner asked if I was the new Holiness pastor, and did I want a discount?"
Dad said he told him yes he was the new COG pastor, and the discount was up to the store owner.
The store owner said the previous pastor had demanded a 'minister's'discount on everything he bought.
Dad said he refused the discount, but if the store owner wanted to apply one on other purchases that would be fine, but said, "I never ask for a discount."

Later I had the same sort of experience at a lumber yard, but it concerned a pastor from another denomination that had soured the owner on preachers. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/15 3:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic