Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Are there churches that are beyond help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nature Boy Florida
If a man set up a church for his family - and made sure the property is debt free - who among us should sell that property to a younger group - because they might grow a larger church?

Perhaps a youngster in that family will grow up to be Billy Graham...why sell that church to someone else?

Folks that have contributed nothing - showing up to make a profit on selling that property and spend the money in a newer community - with less aged people - is that the right thing to do?

And what of the idiots that come in - and take a debt free church - and take out a 250,000 note to live off of - then 5 years later when the money is gone - get moved to another church - and that old church must close because it can't afford the debt the last pastor rang up?

Sure - some churches aren't coming back - but when they close - perhaps they served the purpose that they were meant for - much like some of my old cars served their purpose - but its time to move on.
10/19/15 2:33 pm

Post deltaman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
If a man set up a church for his family - and made sure the property is debt free - who among us should sell that property to a younger group - because they might grow a larger church?

Perhaps a youngster in that family will grow up to be Billy Graham...why sell that church to someone else?

Folks that have contributed nothing - showing up to make a profit on selling that property and spend the money in a newer community - with less aged people - is that the right thing to do?

And what of the idiots that come in - and take a debt free church - and take out a 250,000 note to live off of - then 5 years later when the money is gone - get moved to another church - and that old church must close because it can't afford the debt the last pastor rang up?

Sure - some churches aren't coming back - but when they close - perhaps they served the purpose that they were meant for - much like some of my old cars served their purpose - but its time to move on.

Could not have said that better. like the title 'idiot'....... Smile
10/19/15 2:45 pm

Post Methocostal
I agree. They do tend to be "us 4 and no more" Smile

deltaman wrote:
family run, with a majority of family members, and family controlled churches are the most difficult. If they are small they will be the ones with least amount of hope until new non related families out number the original family members.
Friendly Face
10/21/15 8:11 am

Post FAmily Churches Cojak
There is a church in Western NC, it has been there for years. It is a Family Church, that is a fact. A good family. They live by 'strict' rules. They OWN the church property, they paid for it. It is a beautiful plant, but if the whole thing was sold parsonage and all it probably would not bring $150k, due to the out of the way, location.
I heard one pastor who was sent there say to another preacher, "I will fix their little red wagon." I was a young preacher but I knew these folk, I said, "I suggest you love those folk, and they will treat you like a king."

He was there for 6 months and gone. It is ignorance to take a church that is family and decide to change it in a few months. It may or may not need changing.

Of course this 'family church' is far from 'us 4 and no more', To me it is sorta like 'tithing', some say it is not for us today. But like the small family church, is it a sin? Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/15 9:18 am

Post Wildwood, FL Cojak
I just put a post on about attending Wildwood this Sunday morning. The last time we attended there was approx 60-80 folk in attendance. This morning there was 30 with 6 visitors (Bro & Sis Powers fill-in pastors) and 4 snow birds.

Wildwood evidently has lived up to the WILD part of its name. Down the road is a huge light blue building able to seat thousands, that was once a goal and possibility. Million $ or so ago, it is still empty (or was last year). An independent church on HWY44 is also a result. The present facility at Wildwood is a beautiful one. seats 200+ and the building is nicely appointed.

In his comments to the church this morning, Bro Powers said that when it was announced by the STate HQ that Wildwood was available, the names flooded in, but now it was down to one who had already 'tried out' and one coming next weekend, the rest had withdrawn. I had a feeling that many of these men have the feeling that Wildwood is one of those churches that is beyond help.

BUT, but in my opinion with a man who would love these people and the town, it has a chance to Live again. At least I hope so..... Smile

There are a lot of folk that know due to a financial strain of the church, CArl Hart pastored here with no salary for a long time to help salvage Wildwood, his home church I believe. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/25/15 2:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic