Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Steve Brown new pastor at W. Metro

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Steve Brown new pastor at W. Metro JLarry
Steve brown was voted in this morning as the pastor of the West Metro Church of God, Douglasville Ga. Douglasville is in the Metro Atlanta area near Six Flags.

Steve is a former Evangelism Dir in N. Ga.

Steve is a very talented guy.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/18/15 2:59 pm

Post Starvin' Darvin
Kuddos to Steve. He did a lot of great work in Canton, Ga when the state had to step in. However, the AB once again doesn't give any room for advancement in NGA.
10/18/15 7:37 pm

Post mytimewillcome
Starvin' Darvin wrote:
Kuddos to Steve. He did a lot of great work in Canton, Ga when the state had to step in. However, the AB once again doesn't give any room for advancement in NGA.

Show me on the doll where the Church of God hurt you
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/18/15 11:14 pm

Post Don't blame it on the AB.... spartanfan
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

I've witnessed down through the years that if you grow your present church you will have plenty opportunities "for advancement" if that's what you are looking for. But most churches aren't interested in someone coming to them from a smaller ministry that showed little or no growth of some kind and most guys who are growing something aren't quick to look for greener pastures. Your gift will make an opportunity for you at some point and then you get to pray and decide if the opportunity is from God or not. But when you don't know what words were spoken to an AB by the decision makers in a church it's hardly appropriate to cast a negative shadow over the AB who wants to give the church what they feel they need to succeed. If the church is happy and the new pastor is happy and the AB is happy - then I am happy even though my domino was not in the line.
10/19/15 7:09 am

Post Maybe that's the problem with the Church (of God if the shoe fits) Rife Stewart
It's sad that we look at our pastorates and ministries as needing advancement opportunities.

My advancement is based on my faithfulness and the Lord's favor, not an AB's or any other person for that matter.

Maybe that's why people's churches aren't growing (spiritually or numerically)...because they are looking for promotion to the next level.

Sad

PS--congrats to Bishop Brown.
Very Happy
Acts-celerater
10/19/15 12:12 pm

Post No problem! Ronald
I personally have no problem with Steve Browns move. If anyone seems to be offended by it they need to get on their prayer bones and get over it! Some have serious problems with rejoicing over anyone's blessing but their own.
God bless you Pastor Brown.
Friendly Face
10/19/15 8:44 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Most anytime something positive is shared, the "yeah, buts" come out. So many people seemed to go around bitter all the time. Acts-pert Poster
10/20/15 5:55 am

Post So true.... spartanfan
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Most anytime something positive is shared, the "yeah, buts" come out. So many people seemed to go around bitter all the time.

And what we often fail to realize is that bitterness is a choice we make. We've all been "passed over" and have dealt with the feelings of being unappreciated at times. How do we respond? It's our choice. We can choose to obey the Word and rejoice with those who were recognized, appreciated and promoted and be patiently faithful in what we feel like are the "small things" we have been called to. Whatever state we find ourselves in we have to choose to be content as we do the best we can where we are assigned and leave all the other stuff to God. He knows us and He knows where we are and why He led us there. Ours is to obey and be faithful in all things. Godliness with contentment is great gain. Bitterness is a choice we all can make, as is contentment with peace. If God is who we say He is and we are who He says we are then what's the issue? We are His children and He is in control and promotion doesn't come from the east or west - it comes from God, or else it's not really a promotion. I choose to be content in Him. Congratulations Steve! The church and overseer got it right. Y'all be blessed. I'll be happy and faithful. I don't have any grandkids in Georgia anyways Smile
10/20/15 7:26 am

Post JLarry
Steve went to pastor a church that had about 150 in attendance. He built that church to about 600. Left that church to become the State ED. Was well respected there by his peers.

The church he is going to is much smaller than 600.

I do not get the point some are trying to make. Promotion???

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/20/15 12:10 pm

Post Fantastic doyle
Steve Brown is as fine a man you will ever meet; kind, concerned, dedicated and effective in ministry.

Doyle
10/20/15 1:10 pm

Post Starvin' Darvin
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for derailing this thread. Steve Brown is a good man and nothing should be taken away from his opportunity to serve as Pastor again.

It was unfair of me to involve the AB in this post. If I have issue with him or want to bring something else to light I should post it in a different thread. Yes, I have been frustrated with the AB just like other ministers in our state. However, that is a different topic for different time.

I know Steve will do a great job at West Metro and I will be praying for him that God will give him increase.
10/20/15 1:58 pm

Post One Thot: Ronald
A persons gifts make room for them.

Think @ it!
Friendly Face
10/20/15 5:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic