Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What would media say if George Bush were President now

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What would media say if George Bush were President now Methocostal
And HIS military bombed a hospital? I guarantee everytime the media mentioned the bombing GWB's name would be connected in the story with the clear implication that it was his direct fault. They would likely claim it was a direct decision by Bush to bomb the hospital.

Today, I have heard NO mention of Obama in connection with the recent hospital bombing. Sure, the media isn't happy about it and are proud to point out the military did this, but a direct tie to Obama, nada.

Just another illustration of media bias being not just what they say directly, but what they fail to report. In this case, mentioning Obama's name with the bombing.

However, I will say this. If Bush were President I would be defending him. Likewise, I will also defend Obama as being directly responsible. I doubt he directly ordered the bombing, just as I would doubt Bush would have ordered a similar bombing.

The real culprit was a military screwup. I doubt anyone in the military directly ordered a hit of the hospital, unless they somehow didn't realize it was an actual hospital or suspected it was a front for ISIS.

That said, the buck stops with the President, as Truman famously said. Therefore, ultimately the responsibility does rest with the President as he is the Commander In Chief. But for Obama, this blame is conspicuously missing, though, not for one minute would it have been the same if it had been Bush.
Friendly Face
10/7/15 9:24 am

Post Re: What would media say if George Bush were President now Old Time Country Preacher
Methocostal wrote:
And HIS military bombed a hospital? I guarantee everytime the media mentioned the bombing GWB's name would be connected in the story with the clear implication that it was his direct fault.

This is absolutely what the left-leanin media would do. They done it with Katrina, a natural disaster, so you know they would try to hang ole W out to dry.
Acts-pert Poster
10/7/15 10:28 am

Post Dave Dorsey
A State Department spokesman got humiliated pretty bad yesterday.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/06/israel-bashing-just-came-back-to-haunt-the-state-deptartment/

Quote:
The administration has called the attack a tragic mistake. But [Associated Press reporter Matt] Lee recalled Israel’s August 2014 shelling of a UN school in Gaza — which State immediately labeled “disgraceful,” adding: “The suspicion that militants are operating nearby does not justify strikes that put at risk the lives of so many innocent civilians.”

Lee asked: Does that policy still hold?

Toner was at a complete loss. He haltingly apologized for the loss of life, stressed that the United States avoids civilian casualties, said any further comment would be “too much speculation” and begged Lee to “give me a pass [while] we wait for the investigation to run its course.”

That’s a pretty reasonable position, actually. But it flies in the face of last year’s instantaneous criticism of Israel — made long before any investigation had even begun.

But you're exactly right. There would be wall-to-wall coverage about it if a Republican was president.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/7/15 10:34 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Bush is the one who got us there to begin with so its still his fault. Acts-pert Poster
10/9/15 1:19 pm

Post Re: What would media say if George Bush were President now c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Methocostal wrote:
And HIS military bombed a hospital? I guarantee everytime the media mentioned the bombing GWB's name would be connected in the story with the clear implication that it was his direct fault.

This is absolutely what the left-leanin media would do. They done it with Katrina, a natural disaster, so you know they would try to hang ole W out to dry.

You left out the Gay part..... All of ABC is Gay IMO.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/9/15 4:03 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic