Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ever Wondered why some of "God's Generals" were Cereal Saints?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ever Wondered why some of "God's Generals" were Cereal Saints? Old Time Country Preacher
The ole timer speaks in particular here of a series a books by Roberts Lairdon, a feller who delved in homosexuality, called "God's Generals." Some a the fellers he lists in the books was no doubt men a God, but some a that bunch--based on their lifestyle & doctrine (the very things Paul told Timothy to watch closely)--were absolute cereal saints.*

*Cereal saints: a misnomer, meaning fruit, nuts, flakes.

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 10/5/15 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
10/5/15 1:50 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
So, you can lapse into homosexuality? Kinda scary, huh? Acts-pert Poster
10/5/15 2:10 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Eddie Robbins wrote:
So, you can lapse into homosexuality? Kinda scary, huh?

Fixed it, Eddie. I don't know which of the laps it happened on, the 3rd or 4th. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
10/5/15 3:55 pm

Post Could it be JLarry
I had a member who was used in giving messages in tongues (remember those days). Much of the times she was the one giving the message. Problem was she was certainly not the best Christian in the house.

This bothered me so I went to the Lord about it. I believe the Lord told me He would use anyone who was willing to be used. That settled it for me.

The Generals you speak of were men. Imperfect men who loved the Lord and were willing to do as He said.

In today's world to many are too educated to completely trust the Lord.

I am not opposed to education, in fact I wish I had much more. Well I do have a BATH that I paid $100.00 for (that is for you OTCP). But if I had to choose between education and believing the Lord, I will take the latter.

RHH was a good example of an educated man who trusted the Lord (a bit political, but still trusted the Lord). There are many of educated men who trust the Lord, but there are also those who rely on their education more than the Lord.

I believe one can do both. And that man is an educated, smart man. I have known educated people who were not so smart and I have known smart men who were not so educated.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/6/15 11:06 am

Post Link
I saw a video series on this in which Liardon was very young. He had a version of the videos n the 1990's and has released a lot of them since, apparently.

It seems like he chose most of his generals based on their supernatural gifts or reports thereof. Dowie and Branham are in his list. But I saw recently that he had a series on missionaries in history. I remember Adoniram Judson and several others listed.

I heard Liardon speak once before the scandal broke. I'd heard rumors years before. He preached to this room full of maybe 3 to 5000 Bethany people, which was part of the COG, and probably still is because it was on the Jakarta side. (There was a split.) The worship leader had everyone speak in tongues at the same time. I'd heard the 'ba ba ba ba' but was surprised to hear that many people either saying 'ba ba ba ba' or 'ba da ba da ba da.'

I did not join in because the scripture says, "...let him keep silent in the church...."

Liardon preached and chided his audience for speaking in 'baby tongues.' He said there were different kinds of tongues, including 'warring tongues'. He spoke in tongues to demonstrate and people clapped.

At the end, he asked who wanted to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. He had seekers raise their hands. Other people gathered around. He said for the seekers not to think anything but to say 'whatever bubbles up out of your spirit.' Then he had other people gather around and pray in tongues around them.

So a crowd of people gathered around and said 'ba ba ba' or 'ba da ba da' while they blanked their mind and said whatever came to them. I really do try not to be too skeptical, and I certainly believe that God responds to people who come to him in faith. But occurred to me that someone could say 'ba ba ba' or 'ba da ba da' without anything supernatural going on under this scenario. And that the person who demonstrates the fruit of the Spirit, or even gifts like healing, may be said not to be full of the Spirit while the person who says 'ba da ba da' in this scenario.
10/6/15 1:10 pm

Post Re: Could it be Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:
I had a member who was used in giving messages in tongues (remember those days). Much of the times she was the one giving the message. Problem was she was certainly not the best Christian in the house.

This bothered me so I went to the Lord about it. I believe the Lord told me He would use anyone who was willing to be used. That settled it for me.

The Generals you speak of were men. Imperfect men who loved the Lord and were willing to do as He said.

In today's world to many are too educated to completely trust the Lord.

I am not opposed to education, in fact I wish I had much more. Well I do have a BATH that I paid $100.00 for (that is for you OTCP). But if I had to choose between education and believing the Lord, I will take the latter.

RHH was a good example of an educated man who trusted the Lord (a bit political, but still trusted the Lord). There are many of educated men who trust the Lord, but there are also those who rely on their education more than the Lord.

I believe one can do both. And that man is an educated, smart man. I have known educated people who were not so smart and I have known smart men who were not so educated.

Larry, how did education git in this thread? The OP had nothin to do with education. But since you brought it up, I agree with ya. Some fellers let their smarts git to em an deny the spiritual. Some fellers can barely write their name, but they spiritual godly men. In our days, it don't have to be either or, it can be both. An you right, RHH was a fine example a both. But I gotta admit, I think $100 is a little too much for a good BATH. You oughtta be able to take a good shower cheaper an at, Larry. Cool

Now bout at lady God gave ya peace about, hey, the Holy Spirit does use imperfect vessels, but HE DOES NOT CONTINUE to use heretical sinful vessels to manifest his gifts.
Acts-pert Poster
10/6/15 1:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic