Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How gun control impacts crime....just for Aaron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post c6thplayer1
georgiapath wrote:
John Jett wrote:
Aaron will defend a dead horse (one he shot) until the very end. He has no solution or facts, just feelings. Facts prove gun-control doesn't stop violence, it just gives the ones "in control" more "control".

Everyone has feelings, Here are mine: Gun-control is 100% about people-control as the president proves every time he opens his mouth about it. If it meant never taking a single gun off the street, he'd take that in a heartbeat if he could just get national-registration passed, he wants to know who has what first, then his party can deal with the rest later.

If he can get registration then he can take guns from the good guys, the bad guys will still be able to get guns. No way to stop them.

He can only take my registered guns away. But then I would seek another firearm the same way crooks do.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/3/15 7:36 pm

Post John Jett... Aaron Scott
Here are a few facts for you (taken from Kristof's column in the NYTIMES:

1. More Americans have died from guns just since 1970 than in ALL of our wars going back to the American Revolution.

2. In America, more preschoolers are shot dead each year (82 in 2013) than police officers are in the line of duty (27 in 2013), according to figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FBI.

3. More than 60 percent of gun deaths are suicides, and most of the rest are homicides. (Just in case you're thinking that people would just kill themselves some other way, you're wrong. It SIGNIFICANTLY cuts down on suicide. That means someone might live long enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel.)

4. Daniel Webster, a public health expert at Johns Hopkins University, notes that in 1999, the government listed the gun stores that had sold the most weapons later linked to crimes. The gun store at the top of the list was so embarrassed that it voluntarily took measures to reduce its use by criminals — and the rate at which new guns from the store were diverted to crime dropped 77 percent.

Here's the deal, IF we can reduce murders by even 10% is that not worth it? Some claim we can reduce it up to 50%.

And what if we could save just a handful of children dying? Wouldn't that be worth it?

You are acting so defensively that you seem to think I want to take guns away. I DO NOT! Here's the link to the article. It says much more and has some very good ideas. I encourage you to at least see if you have an idea that might make a difference...instead of just arguing that we do nothing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/nicholas-kristof-a-new-way-to-tackle-gun-deaths.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fnicholas-kristof&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection
10/3/15 7:47 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I am not arguing , i do however believe that when everyone is armed the number of mass killings by these demon possessed people will fall. this is the only way to curb these criminals.

Laws wont do it - Politicians wont do it - Liberals wont do it - Conservatives wont do it - we the people must do it.

Case in point - If an armed citizen sees someone about to assassinate a person or a group of people then the citizen should blow the assassins head off.
10/3/15 9:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic